• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Sky Chief

Wait, I didn't play Peace Walker and don't intend to... You're saying I better watch a playthrough of it on YouTube? That feels dirty.

I was thinking about live streaming Peace Walker's story (no commentary) in one sitting for everyone who hasn't played it. I know quite a few people will want to know a little bit more about Chico and Paz (among others) before going in... What do you guys think?

I would just play the game, it is really fun. That said, I think that GZ has a video that summarizes the events of PW that can be watched before playing the game.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Getting back into MGS, got my legacy collection to play through (never played 3 before) so really excited about going through the series.

Cry-Babys-Johnny-Depp-Omg-Gif.gif

anyone in the UK still concerned about price and value, cex are offering £14 cash for ps4/xb1 versions. considering I have mine for 20, that's not bad at all.

Obviously you are not me, but if I was worrying about CEX pricing, I'd consider if I where you not bothering at all...

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Played the game for an hour or so. Still getting used to the controls but the game looks really nice filled with small details that we expect from Kojima. I'm really excited for the TPP now.

HigXx

This is probably the best place to post this I think:

I'm having a hell of a hard time trying to play MGS. Dunno if it's the old PS1 style game or the fact I'm playing on my Vita, but it just seems like a damn struggle. I'm at the Ocelot boss and I don't think I'm ever gonna get past it.

My question is: Do I struggle through or just give up and watch a Lets Play for the story? I really want to get into this series, I have the HD Collection on my Vita, should that be easier for me to get into?

I'm having a hell of a hard time trying to play MGS. Dunno if it's the old PS1 style game or the fact I'm playing on my Vita, but it just seems like a damn struggle. I'm at the Ocelot boss and I don't think I'm ever gonna get past it.

My question is: Do I struggle through or just give up and watch a Lets Play for the story? I really want to get into this series, I have the HD Collection on my Vita, should that be easier for me to get into?

Well what are you having trouble with? The controls? The Story? Or just not into the gameplay?

Twinduct

AAAARGH My PS3 died this weekend and I was busy with PW. Was on my way to buy it for my Vita, but yeah not gonna go back to PSP lvl of ugliness.

They should have really ported that game to the PS4 :<

Any decent let's plays of PW? Don't care too much if the guy is talking over it, but really don't need a part 1 out of part 900 deal either.

J-Roderton

I'm playing through it on psp go. I just beat Ocelot last night. Took 3-4 tries. Coming from someone that hated how mgs games played and controlled.

Dunno why, just got the urge to get into the series and I'm loving it now.

Give it time, do a mental switch and pretend FF7 came out last year. It's hard getting into games from long time ago due to game mechanics being less refined but you'll get used to it.

Tucah

you speak so well
I want to do another MGS series run before GZ but with Dark Souls II I don't think I'll have time to get past MGS1. Oh well, maybe I'll just try for PW.

Really? Oh well. How's Snarkcookie? Or is it dual com as in Snarkcookie has it's own channel with his own com?

I liked Snarkcookie, but I'm not sure if you'll like her too. I think it's dual commentary and they're playing together via Co-op but I'm not 100% sure.

TheLight

Rewatching the Red Band trailer again and it gets me so hype. When Phantom Pain is released, it's a wrap for Cypher. All for revenge.

#StopCypher2015

Sky Chief

Make sure you have the analogue controls enabled, if not Ocelot is unecasarily difficult

FrankWza

Boss fights are tough on Vita. The hd collection was great but when it came down to the boss fights they were tougher because of the controls. At least for me. I haven't played mgs1 on vita though.

Always keep moving. The game doesn't really go out of its way to tell you that you can run and shoot at the same time by holding X while aiming.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

Get close enough to use auto-aim. When you're within range, hold down square to lock-on to the enemy, then release to fire.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That picture is freaking awesome. Yosp even retweeted it haha!

UrbanRats

Is there anywhere i can download the Phantom Pain Red Band trailer in high quality? I can only find Youtube videos (and their shitty compression).

Top Bottom