• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Jack cw

Wonderful OP, loved the 30 vs. 60 fps comparison :D
Cant say I'm that thrilled to play that overpriced demo, but the drought....

Betty

Banned
So close now, this game really can't get here soon enough.
OH yeah quick question:

If I never played the PSP games, am I screwed as far as the story goes?

What is the best way to get caught up on the story from the PSP titles?

Previous events will be detailed through audio tapes, but the HD collection or youtubing the cutscenes might be better.

OH yeah quick question:

You should be fine honestly, the game contains some backstory to read.
All you need to know is McDonell Benedict Miller is now called Kazuhira Miller because reasons, they built a fortress in the caribbean sea and became a nuclear power somehow by cobbling together parts of robots with the help of Otacon's dad, who sounds like Otacon.
Paz was being sheltered at the base and secretly a spy but most people who've played the game haven't seen the secret ending where that's revealed.

AWWWW YIIIIIIIIIS

*salutes*

wjbtux.gif

Hnnnnng

DieH@rd

Banned
OH yeah quick question:

JUST WATCH THIS! [and ignore how horrible David Hayter's voicework is]
http://www.twitch.tv/uknighted/b/496997591 < starts at 4hr 55min mark
http://www.twitch.tv/uknighted/b/497146584

Full storyline run though Peace Walker, with special focus on most important tapes and everything that will be of importance for Ground Zeroes. Incredible play-through on hardest difficulty.

The only thing that you need to know from Portable Ops is that there Big Boss first established his mercenary army [MSF], got the funding he needed, met Frank Jaeger for the first time, heard from dying psychic that he will be killed by his sons, and heard of the concept of Outer Heaven.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Playing the PS3's version. It looks stunning in the context of the PS3's history. However remembering what I saw of the PS4 version the resolution = jaggies, textures, lighting, rain and most importantly framerate and lack of Hayter all suck...But no way am I waiting 8 more days for the PS4 version. This is Metal Gear ffs!

So I've justified my impatience by turning this into a personal graphical comparison lool.

The actual gameplay is sweet. It feels great to control, Snake seems more mobile than he ever has been. I saw a rooft I could climb it, I saw a fence I could climb it, I saw a car I could climb it...

All guards dropping weapons is great. Always looked awkward in MGS games that one couldn't pick-up guards weapons.

The buttons have slightly changed but I'll get used to it. There seems so many actions one can do. And finally the pause menu doesn't pause but is full of stuff. Almost gives me an RPG vibe with the amount of stuff one can do in there. You can listen to your own songs, I'm gonna import some MGS classics!

The size of the map is the real takeaway. The fact this is just a demo leaves me in awe for TPP. Koji's got us setting market points on map. It seems he didn't lie when he called this an open-world game. Though we can't see it here I'm sure the scope of TPP will be massive (we've already seen it with the horse and desert).

Is this worth the money? I'll need to finish it and see what the side-ops look like. What I can say for sure is that it's worth a play.

Cha

Just walked into this thread to look at the OP. Went above and beyond my expectations. Bravo.

ZeroX03

Banned
Playing the PS3's version. Resolution, textures, lighting, rain and most importantly framerate all suck...But no way am I waiting 8 more days for the PS4 version. This is Metal Gear ffs!

So I've justified my impatience by turning this into a personal graphical comparison lool.

I reckon it looks pretty darn good considering the age of the PS3 hardware, but yes, it's obvious it was made first with high spec machines and then ported down.

Also guys, L2/R2 triggers on the Dualshock 4 don't work.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I reckon it looks pretty darn good considering the age of the PS3 hardware, but yes, it's obvious it was made first with high spec machines and then ported down.

Also guys, L2/R2 triggers on the Dualshock 4 don't work.
Yes I should've added that! It is taxing this thing to its limit for sure. I still can't believe the size of this map relative to what we're used to in Metal Gear games.

This is my most anticipated game of the year. I saw someone streaming this last night on ps4. I was so jealous. Kept opening and closing the stream to avoid spoilers and catch some gameplay. I think ninjas took it down.

rvy

Banned
ToraShiro, can you please tell Kojima that some of us would appreciate a dub option? Japanese Skullface is menacing as fuck. I don't wanna double dip on multiple versions just for dub.

Revan

One of the best OT's ever. It ranks right up there with the MGS4 OT and the Ninja Gaiden 2 OT.

Bravo OP - bravo!

rvy

Banned

That's wrong. Plenty of people told Kojima. Which is why MGS 4 turned into complete shit. Because people told Kojima.

Kojima, who are teh patriotz?
Kojima, y is Raiden teh gay?
Kojima, what's the science behind Liquid's arm?
Kojima, why is the vamp walking on water?
Kojima, dis ending is sux and depressive, we want it changed because reasons and we're making the game.

Kojima got his Kojimmies rustled.

Facism

I'm not buying the game despite MGS3 being my GOTG for the ps2 era, but i fucking loved the OP.

Hope people enjoy this :)

Raynes

That's wrong. Plenty of people told Kojima. Which is why MGS 4 turned into complete shit. Because people told Kojima.

Kojima, who are teh patriotz?
Kojima, y is Raiden teh gay?
Kojima, what's the science behind Liquid's arm?
Kojima, why is the vamp walking on water?
Kojima, dis ending is sux and depressive, we want it changed because reasons and we're making the game.

Kojima got his Kojimmies rustled.

Why can't you accept Kojima is responsible for the plot in his games? Is it that hard to accept that Kojima is shit at writing plot?

rvy

Banned
Why can't you accept Kojima is responsible for the plot in his games? Is it that hard to accept that Kojima is shit at writing plot?

Oh, he is shit.

That's not my point. My point is that he's more than willing to listen to people.

Betty

Banned
Oh, he is shit.

That's not my point. My point is that he's more than willing to listen to people.

Which you seem to think is a bad thing, so... no Japanese dub for you! Unless you do what folk did for MGS4 and send him some good ol' fashioned death threats.
Please don't.

The Japanese version has English subtitles though if you're willing to import.

rvy

Banned
Which you seem to think is a bad thing, so... no Japanese dub for you! Unless you do what folk did for MGS4 and send him some good ol' fashioned death threats.
Please don't.

The Japanese version has English subtitles though if you're willing to import.
Well, that works.

Great work OP !

To ease the pain of waiting I recommend this movies:

7LXEFf5.jpg

The Wild Geese

and

6vPPOHc.jpg

The Dogs of War

They are addressing the same themes found in MGS:pW and probably also in MGS V like an army without a country, cold war era 70s&80s, base infiltrations, rescuing POWs, torture...

if it drops to $20 for next gen within a month I'll take the L but I've got a $15 coupon for newegg so I'll use it for this

it may be short but its metal gear B^) let's do this

Draper

Why do we still buy demos? Just to suffer? The self-respect I've lost. The money I've lost. I'm going to make them give it back.

Unlocking Peace Walker's real ending is still one of the most bizarrely convoluted things in mainstream gaming. All those retrievals and parts ;-;

Erigu

My point is that he's more than willing to listen to people.
I don't know about that. I doubt Kojima would really do things he doesn't want to do, and there's a certain George Lucas kind of "we'll obviously do it my way as my ideas naturally are the best" flair to his writing style and attitude (and like with George Lucas, I'm not sure you can simply blame the yes men around him).

U2NUMB

Thanks to the price drop and my gamers unlocked at best buy I am getting this for 14.99 and I am going with X1 version.

Looking forward to giving it a go!

Top Bottom