• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition announced (iOS/And/W10), same plot, Fall 2017

The thought did cross my mind, ever since Duckroll said they were working on it since Episode Duscae time.

Imagine if they fully cancelled a console game for this mobile version and the future of Final Fantasy was fully mobile?

In any case, I do appreciate a more stream-lined, easy to access Final Fantasy games on smart phones for the crowds who aren't as involved. I'm all fine with these as long as I get my console games hahaha.

It would be interesting if FFXVI was done in a similar format to DQXI only taking it even further, where they made a console/PC version that was more in the mold of FFXV gameplay/presentation-wise and also made a mobile/handheld/low-spec PC version that was the exact same story but had gameplay/presentation more in line with the SNES or PS1 era FFs.

It would be interesting if FFXVI was done in a similar format to DQXI only taking it even further, where they made a console/PC version that was more in the mold of FFXV gameplay/presentation-wise and also made a mobile/handheld/low-spec PC version that was the exact same story but had gameplay/presentation more in line with the SNES or PS1 era FFs.

That could have been something that Square Enix should have adopted with the Playstation Vita. Instead of putting the, for lack of term, inferior model on 3DS they could have had it remain on Playstation with the PS4 be the demanding model and the Vita being exactly what we see here.

Kent

Looks like it actually has better combat. This might actually be worth getting.

Really wish the character art style looked more like the style of Bravely Default though.

i just realized that the artstyle for this version reminds me very much of Kingdom hearts X(chi) artstyle

Team01.PNG

Neil_J_UK

You know - I can totally see this being another thing publishers hop on, just like the remaster bandwagon. The mobile market is so huge I guess it would make sense to offload something like this to another team or smaller dev, get a piece of that pie.

You know - I can totally see this being another thing publishers hop on, just like the remaster bandwagon. The mobile market is so huge I guess it would make sense to offload something like this to another team or smaller dev, get a piece of that pie.
It's apparently been in development for over two years so I can see that maybe publishers are wary of jumping on this bandwagon.

However FFXV was allegedly having a lot of script changes very late into production that maybe some game with a clearer development schedule could be turned into a smaller mobile adventure sooner - and not a quick terrible mobile tie in like video games based on movies have become.

ConceptX

This clearly isn't aimed at people who have already played XV.

I'm somewhat bemused, I think it's fairly interesting.

Really left field, though it's certainly a better concept then the last XV mobile game.

kennyamr

what plot ?

Edit:

ahem, Playing Nier Automata at the moment, the differences between the two are mindblowing at least for me.

I can see myself playing any other FF game again but I'm not so sure about XV though, that is the worst part... because I'm a fan of the series.

This is... pretty damn cool actually! Seems like an interesting way to help recoup costs on the long dev time of FFXV. Really hoping this ends up being a hit for them as I loved what I played of the demo before release. Never got around to playing the final game yet.

rucury

Banned
I feel like SquareEnix is spread so thin on FF15. At one point they must have had like 10 FFXV projects in development. Some have been cancelled now, but damn... Why not focus on one thing and polish it?

True Fire

I feel like SquareEnix is spread so thin on FF15. At one point they must have had like 10 FFXV projects in development. Some have been cancelled now, but damn... Why not focus on one thing and polish it?

I mean, mobile sells. Can you imagine adding mobile sales figures to a AAA release? $$$$$$$

No optional stuff and very plot heavy?

Not interested anymore. I think it'd be fun to do a bunch of hunts with this pocket-sized battle system.

Maiar_m

Honestly, I dropped out of the PS4 version because I disliked the traversal and combat too much. If that "pocket edition" fixes thosesissues because of the different format (which seems likely to me), I may actually bite.

ASaiyan

Banned
So, a remake of FF15 for mobile, with an ugly super deformed artstyle, and still running at like 10FPS in battles?

Thanks Square.

And it's a great game! Is that the point you were trying to make? I'm really enjoying it. They should apply that logic to their other, more popular, classic franchise.

Yeah! You were like, "why don't they just polish a game before releasing it?" And I was like "Yeah that worked out great for DQ11" which I guess does sound kind of sarcastic but I assure you it was a genuine compliment for 11.

Mathieran

Banned
I think it's a decent idea, but the execution looks poor. They should do this but make more play and look like a classic SNES or PS1 FF.

Top Bottom