• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis World Tour announced (2018, Breakpoint Studio, OMG!)

Bishop89

I'm more of a Virtua tennis guy, but this is still good. Finally a tennis game not called Everybody’s tennis on the PS4

A tennis game?

1271010043_jump-in-the-car.gif

EBreda

Finally!!
Only thing I'm afraid is, despite confirming the inclusion of the GOAT Federer, no other male top 10 player was mentioned.

Hopefully we'll have a big lineup.

oti

Banned
You better all buy this or we get another bunch of years with no tennis.

I'll buy this Day 0.

Wow so last week Kerber lost to an amateur? She should retire

Touché.

R.I.P Top Spin 5. I'll take this, I guess.

This pretty much is Top Spin 5. They can't use the name since it's a Take2 property. In the end it's just a name.

Without fail. Every damn time

First of all, it doesn't specify which platforms it releases for, just "consoles". And yes, Switch exists abd is a console.
Second of all, if I could play a Top Spin game wherever whenever, my life would be complete.

Finally!!
Only thing I'm afraid is, despite confirming the inclusion of the GOAT Federer, no other male top 10 player was mentioned.

Hopefully we'll have a big lineup.

Tbh I could do without any licensed player. All I need is a robust character creator and a good online tour mode.

You get all the way to the Australian open final, bogans keep yelling out Australian crap, your 1 set up against Djoker, then QTE comes up, Kyrgios wants to retire

A
B
X
Y
A
B
X
Left

Kyrgios has retired, career mode over, achievement unlocked 100points

A
B
Y

Game Over, Kyrgios threw his bat and got a fine

The last Virtua Tennis game was bad.

Did you play some secret test beta or something?

Edit: Err, I didn't even know there were Virtua Tennis games after the two on Dreamcast. Wow, I'm out of touch! 😂

Edit2: Maybe I just mentally blocked them out like that 4th Indiana Jones movie they never made 🤔

oti

Banned
Did you play some secret test beta or something?

Edit: Err, I didn't even know there were Virtua Tennis games after the two on Dreamcast. Wow, I'm out of touch! 😂

Edit2: Maybe I just mentally blocked them out like that 4th Indiana Jones movie they never made 🤔

Virtua Tennis 3 is peak Virtua Tennis. It went downhill after that.

But the Vita game was enjoyable.

Peru

Aside from Top Spin 3 and 4, the best tennis game was Hot Shots Tennis / Everybody's Tennis on PSP. In contrast to the cartoonish visuals there was so much nuance to the shots you could pull off. Unfortunately the game kinda went off the rails on higher levels, when rushing the net constantly became a viable strategy.

blazeaire

Is AFL evolution any good btw? Only way Richmond will win a premiership in my lifetime lol.

It's okay, marking is kinda broken though which is a shame since the whole game is basically 1 on 1s but you can set up some nice plays here and there once you get used to it and like this Tennis game, it's probably gonna be the only AFL game this gen so yeah..

blazeaire

Aside from Top Spin 3 and 4, the best tennis game was Hot Shots Tennis / Everybody's Tennis on PSP. In contrast to the cartoonish visuals there was so much nuance to the shots you could pull off. Unfortunately the game kinda went off the rails on higher levels, when rushing the net constantly became a viable strategy.

YES I AGREE, that game was sooo good with the timing shots and the counter system worked so well so even lower ranked characters could be viable, would take a remaster/remake at 60fps in a heartbeat or just gimme a new one, Everybody's Golf is coming back so hopefully tennis is next

For me it's Mario Tennis N64. The control scheme, the court variety, the shot selection, the fact that aces were actually possible, doubles actually being fun etc. I STILL bring out my N64 for it.

Virtua Tennis 3 is peak Virtua Tennis. It went downhill after that.

But the Vita game was enjoyable.
For some reason VT3 didn't click with me. I'm only really here for 2 and 4. 4 is amazing on Vita.

oti

Banned
BigBen? I'm expecting the game to be a low budget effort. Let's hope it doesn't turn out like NBA Playgrounds.

I'm sure the developers can pull it off, they do mention Top Spin 4 a lot so they know their audience. They also got 30 licenses which sure, they're not all Federer and Kerber. But still.

Shiggy

I'm sure the developers can pull it off, they do mention Top Spin 4 a lot so they know their audience. They also got 30 licenses which sure, they're not all Federer and Kerber. But still.

Let's see. I doubt Big Ben can given them a big budget. And their Handball games are trash, their WRC games aren't well received either. I'd say their other games aren't good either.

oti

Banned
Let's see. I doubt Big Ben can given them a big budget. And their Handball games are trash, their WRC games aren't well received either. I'd say their other games aren't good either.

Sure. But I'd bet the developers are happy to have found a publisher for their game after all these years. I don't expect this game to have any Grand Slam license but these days, with zero other tennis games around and EA out of the way, I think it could do alright.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
I really hope that they add some big names. Having Federer is great, but they should have more big names. Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, ... To really sell it to a big audience they should have at least 20 to 30 big male players.

Everyone here saying that a tennis game without licenses is good enough don't understand that this game isn't going to sell itself to the 'casual' audience. And I really really hope it will be a succes. So that developers see that tennis-games really can sell.

---
I also hate announcements without any screens or trailers. At least give us one Federer screen :p

But still hype level is insane here :eek:

Top Bottom