• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Order

YESSSS!

Episode spoilers:

...and Uub? Yo!
ohhh.png

Tamanon

Banned
Good episode. I liked how they actually recognized some stuff from the past.

Also, 17 was hype. Some of those moves were great.

Slaythe

How the fuck is 17
stronger than SUPER SAIYAN GOD?

Because he is the perfect being.

How was Frieza stronger than a Saiyan God ? The reasoning behind Frieza is the same for 17 except 17 started off far stronger and had 10 years instead of 4 months.

He trained for four months obviously, seriously power levels are bullshit and all but that is huge jump in power

No, he trained for 10 years. And he was stronger than Frieza when he started. Checks out.

Haven't watched yet. How long has 17 been training? I at least halfway normalized Frieza's jump by now so it's not super crazy if I compare it to that.

I don't longer care about it. This retarded episode ruined the arc for me and possibility the show as well.

It breaks every single arc after the Cell one. I don't know what the fuck were they thinking.

Can you elaborate?
If it's just a huge power jump that's the issue then I don't see how it's different or worse than Frieza, and wouldn't be a BS as the Trunks shenanigans in the Black arc.

Slaythe

I don't longer care about it. This retarded episode ruined the arc for me and possibility the show as well.

It breaks every single arc after the Cell one.
I don't know what the fuck were they thinking.

You're looking at this the wrong way.

Back in Dragon Ball, even Piccolo Daimao was the ultimate threat, in the saiyan saga, YAMCHA could have one shot him.

They always trivialized old threats, except after/during Cell saga, it was only about saiyans.

Now it's about everybody again.

And that includes your favorite character, so be happy instead of being sore like this.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

It breaks every single arc after the Cell one.
I don't know what the fuck were they thinking.

What if Piccolo gets something out of episode 88?

Ashodin

I mean Piccolo likely going to get something because it looks like both Gohan and Piccolo break on through to the other side

Can you elaborate?
If it's just a huge power jump that's the issue then I don't see how it's different from Frieza, and wouldn't be a BS as the Trunks shenanigans in the Black arc.

If 17 can get this powerful with mountain training then why didn't Goku and the rest did?

Why didn't Bulma made the humans into cyborgs? She can do it. Buu wouldn't have been a problem.

Why didn't Beerus dream about 17? He's more powerful that Super Saiyan God Goku. Makes the whole arc stupid.

Freeza had valid reasons to get that strong. 17 doesn't. He's just a regular human without any real experience in martial arts doing mountain training on his own.

If 17 can get this powerful with mountain training then why didn't Goku and the rest did?

Why didn't Bulma made the humans into cyborgs? She can do it. Buu wouldn't have been a problem.

Why didn't Beerus dream about 17? He's more powerful that Super Saiyan God Goku. Makes the whole arc stupid.

Freeza had valid reasons to get that strong. 17 doesn't. He's just a regular human without any real experience in martial arts doing mountain training on his own.
I mean Bulma doesn't turn humans into cyborgs because while she's probably capable of learning the method, it probably requires a high degree of human experimentation that will likely result in a lot of failures (read: innocents dying) before it has anything even resembling success

Ashodin

This one is a little bit silly. How do you know what strength 17 is at, at what time?

Slaythe

17 was a lot stronger than the ruler of the universe, he's not a nobody. And that was without any training.

She can't, she stated she doesn't understand the technology Gero used. Also, Vegeta and Goku had far surpassed their levels and they didn't know what kind of height the androids could reach.

Goku's super saiyan god was deemed extremely disappointing by Beerus. Don't pretend like you don't remember that.

Goku was meant to surpass SSG and become a worthy opponent, which he is now doing.

Lmfao. Now here you're just talking shit. Frieza didn't get any more reason to get stronger than 17. 17 was proud of his power and got completely humiliated, that's enough reason. On top of that, he started off far stronger than the regular super saiyans and Frieza, and had 10 years to train and get stronger, Frieza had FOUR MONTHS.

Moaradin

These complaints seem odd when this is DRAGON BALL we're talking about here. Did the part where Trunks randomly shows up and one shots Frieza and his even stronger dad ruin the show for you?

Vice

Part of enjoying Dragon Ball is accepting the nonsense. In Dragon Ball you have characters making huge leaps with powerups and a few months of training, or less. Like Goku going from Saiyan saga power levels to the second strongest guy in the universe over the course of six days. Vegeta going from Zarbon level to matching Frieza's early forms after a couple zenkais. All the instant powerups from people like Guru and Elder Kai. Dr. Gero making beings capable of being stronger than super saiyans in an underground lab on Earth. Trunks getting all those huge boosts in the Zamasu arc.It's part of the series. Has been since Dragon Ball where everyone would show up at a tournament and be immensely stronger than before and just mention one or two lines about training.

Sagroth

On that last point:

I'd argue that 17 has more of an argument to get stronger than Freeza does, actually. For one thing, Freeza admits to having not trained a day in his life before the 4 months. He was just born with an immensely high power level and transformations in addition to being a prodigy. 17 came out of the oven stronger, with the potential to improve, and has unlimited energy whereas Freeza's maximum power transformations drain him.

tl;dr: 17 started from a higher level than Freeza, has unlimited stamina, and much longer to train. Him being at Blue level i'd say makes more sense than Freeza, not less.

Honestly, if retconning power level bullshit is what's necessary to get side characters back to playing prominent roles, I'll gladly take that option. Power levels were always dumb anyways

I mean there are far better shonen to follow if you want a consistent narrative and compelling stories and world building. For me abandoning the power level bullshit that was dragging the series down is a good thing. Doing so allows you to capitalize more on the actual strengths of the series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom