• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Thorhald

I'm predicting at least 1 million copies world wide.

29DSZ9W.png

ZeroX03

Banned
Can't say I dig the hat and hair on that Static Shock concept, but I guess we could change both of things on Static Shock. It's a shame because I would've taken Static Shock over Raiden any day.

Magwik

Banned
Can't say I dig the hat and hair on that Static Shock concept, but I guess we could change both of things on Static Shock. It's a shame because I would've taken Static Shock over Raiden any day.
Just you wait until the next pack is revealed and had Static Shock wearing Raiden's hat (or Raiden is a premium skin for Black Adam).

Compbros

Cpt Cold is odd... I do not know how I should use him.

Cold is safe or plus on a lot of strings. Stagger normals/strings, mix it up with throws and people start hitting buttons which he can catch with mb freeze. 122xxtrait builds you about a full bar before they're in a real position to do anything substantial. F23 is your friend: forward advancing mid that is neutral on block. Use b232 coupled with deathcicle midscreen to force a high block which leaves you plus 2 or catches back dash for full combo. F23xxIce grenade...D2xxmb ice wall on block or d2xxice wall on hit for a combo. Both are almost guarenteed freeze as long as you know your converts and pushback on strings.

ZeroX03

Banned
Is King of the Hill stable now?

Am I the only person here where all the online is extremely unstable? I can never find player or ranked matches, and private matches drop half the time or have huge lag. Same for a friend of mine, we checked both our connections and they're fine except for Injustice. Basically unplayable.

Only thing I can think of is we're both using the US version in ANZ but it should be region free and entirely P2P...

A characters level just got set back to 3 like it was earlier today, all the gear I got, and attached is still there though. Servers unstable?

AdaWong

Okay so uh, I don't think I'm the greatest player but I don't think I suck either. But like, Aquaman for some reason I always struggle against, I feel like his AI is just 39210 levels ahead of the others?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Am I the only person here where all the online is extremely unstable? I can never find player or ranked matches, and private matches drop half the time or have huge lag. Same for a friend of mine, we checked both our connections and they're fine except for Injustice. Basically unplayable.

I haven't heard of anyone complaining about online, here or elsewhere. My experience has been very good, even better than MKXL post GGPO patch.

Garlador

Okay so uh, I don't think I'm the greatest player but I don't think I suck either. But like, Aquaman for some reason I always struggle against, I feel like his AI is just 39210 levels ahead of the others?
Lol. I've never lost to Aquaman ever. Not even close.

Black Adam routinely kicks my butt.

Seijuro

Yay for vacation, but nay for not getting to play Injustice for 6 days. First world problems I guess.

Played about 70 ranked matches the last few days, w/l ratio 50%. Then tried some player matches for the first time and while I love getting into that ranked competition I really liked that laidback feeling in player matches. Tried some stuff out with characters I normally wouldn't play as and had some really fun matches. Gotta keep up with the OT to get my fix on.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUe_irRh1yO/?hl=en

Static was conceptualized for Injustice 2 but ultimately didn't make the cut. I'm guessing the recent Milestone drama had something to do with it.

It's sad that there are so many interesting DC characters with lightning based powers like Static, Black Lightning, Livewire and Shazam and we end up with Raiden who's been playable in a shit ton of games because "guests sell more".

Altairre

Pretty good day. Got an epic skirt for Supergirl and with that the 1000 crystals for equipping an epic in every slot. Batman is 20 now (without farming xp) and now I have to decide which character I want to learn next. Robin seems like someone I would enjoy playing but man do I hate his personality. Maybe I'll just go with Harley instead.

Edit: Oh an I should probably start the story mode at some point.

Voror

Huh so Darkseid isn't included with the Season Pass?

Got the game today with the Season Pass since the only Ultimate they had left was a pre-order. I remember seeing that Darkseid was a pre-order bonus but didn't think to ask if he was exclusive to that.

Spinky

EDIT: Welp, I see I've been beaten, but since I posted the actual image I'll leave it here anyway.

This is amazing and I am pissed.

DAn89StXoAAF2G5.jpg

Marvel

could never
Cold is safe or plus on a lot of strings. Stagger normals/strings, mix it up with throws and people start hitting buttons which he can catch with mb freeze. 122xxtrait builds you about a full bar before they're in a real position to do anything substantial. F23 is your friend: forward advancing mid that is neutral on block. Use b232 coupled with deathcicle midscreen to force a high block which leaves you plus 2 or catches back dash for full combo. F23xxIce grenade...D2xxmb ice wall on block or d2xxice wall on hit for a combo. Both are almost guarenteed freeze as long as you know your converts and pushback on strings.
Nice info, ty this is kinda the advice I was hoping for.

I'll test this out in real matches tomorrow, been a brutal day.

Drewfonse

Yay for vacation, but nay for not getting to play Injustice for 6 days. First world problems I guess.

Played about 70 ranked matches the last few days, w/l ratio 50%. Then tried some player matches for the first time and while I love getting into that ranked competition I really liked that laidback feeling in player matches. Tried some stuff out with characters I normally wouldn't play as and had some really fun matches. Gotta keep up with the OT to get my fix on.

I've been on vacation in another country for 6 days, and I check this thread multiple times a day.

And I don't even have the game yet, although it just got delivered at my house.

ZeroX03

Banned
I haven't heard of anyone complaining about online, here or elsewhere. My experience has been very good, even better than MKXL post GGPO patch.

Yeah I've only heard good things which is why I'm trying to find out if it's unplayable for anyone else. Really the only reason I can think of is they screwed up something on the region end.

It's not the biggest deal with Tekken around the corner, I'm not playing Injustice competitively this entry.

Huh so Darkseid isn't included with the Season Pass?

Got the game today with the Season Pass since the only Ultimate they had left was a pre-order. I remember seeing that Darkseid was a pre-order bonus but didn't think to ask if he was exclusive to that.

Yep pre order only. A real jerk move there.

Doesn't anyone know when the DLC fighters will be released? Tried Googling but didn't come up with much.

They are going to be releasing the DLC fighters 1 by 1. In their more recent games the first DLC character usually comes 2-3 weeks after launch then another 2 weeks or so after that for the next one and so on.

I assume they will follow that same release schedule.

ZeroX03

Banned
Vixen: Time to lose the whole luchador thing.
Bane: I have transcended to my ultimate form!
Vixen: Not what they say about you on the runway, dear.

Vixen: My family served the God Anansi for centuries.
Darkseid: Your God is a trickster. I am revelation.
Vixen: I'll stick with the devil I know.

Premium skins are the truth. Also I like Vixen's alt better than the normal colors, the extra black works.

No Love

Banned
Bought this but not sure if I'll like it. I liked MK9 and MKX a lot but I'm not really a huge fighting game fan. Is this better than either of those games?

H2Yo

They are going to be releasing the DLC fighters 1 by 1. In their more recent games the first DLC character usually comes 2-3 weeks after launch then another 2 weeks or so after that for the next one and so on.

I assume they will follow that same release schedule.

Thank you!

Zetta

Just saw Captain Cold's arcade ending and so far that is my favorite. Still have a couple of more but that f-bomb just felt like something he would say.

If there's one input of the netherrealm style I just can't get to work often it's the command throws which usually involve down, back, forward, button.
Then again I'm probably trying to use them wrong after checking out one of the links in this thread earlier and seeing scarecrow use his as part of a combo.

I bit of a pickle that Cheetah's multiverse event will likely be over before I can get strong enough to best that souped up Wonder Woman (currently lvl 10) , unless I abuse the level grinding options...I may be tempted tomorrow.

ZeroX03

Banned
So regen tokens from selling gear is based on rarity of gear sold? Because I sold over 250 commons and received 0 tokens.

If you put two Poison Ivys against each other, one of them thinks the other is Clayface lol

Voror

EDIT: Welp, I see I've been beaten, but since I posted the actual image I'll leave it here anyway.

This is amazing and I am pissed.

DAn89StXoAAF2G5.jpg

That makes me sad. When people started saying that Raiden could be a fakeout, I started thinking they could pull a switcheroo and put in a different electricity user. Static is fairly popular too.

That's unfortunate. I seem to recall this being a thing with MKX with Goro. Was he not included in the season pass either? Kind of a shitty practice there to lock out an entire character.

So regen tokens from selling gear is based on rarity of gear sold? Because I sold over 250 commons and received 0 tokens.

If you put two Poison Ivys against each other, one of them thinks the other is Clayface lol
I've only ever gotten them by selling rare gear, yeah (though to be fair, I haven't sold any Epics).

And yeah, love that touch. Someone suggested that Clayface should either be the random icon or for every mirror match. Love when games add those kinds of details...

Xeteh

So yesterday I posted a screenshot with 11 Green Lantern shaders and then an hour or so later I got another. I told my friend today the game wants me to play him because I've got so much for him... so I decided to get his arcade ending and this happens after the 3rd match.

Spinky

I'm traumatised after losing to a bad, laggy two-bar connection Superman.

All that lab time only to lose to shitty players with McDonald's wifi.

Goddamn.

Xevren

Yeah I've only heard good things which is why I'm trying to find out if it's unplayable for anyone else. Really the only reason I can think of is they screwed up something on the region end.

It's not the biggest deal with Tekken around the corner, I'm not playing Injustice competitively this entry.

Only complaints I've heard is from other regions getting matched up causing issues. Wonder if that could be it? No idea where you're located, some friends in EU been having issues since they seem to always get matched up with US players and it's not great.

Top Bottom