• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Persona 5's Share button be any useful in the next years?

They disabled it to avoid spoilers. But the question remains, will this be like that forever?

Or does everyone accept the fact that

Snape killed Dumbledore

in the end?

I still don't get what's the point..., they should just enable it.
You have full Walkthrough in sites like IGN for free.., and that is way more spoiler than an image.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I really doubt they'll patch the game to disable it. We'll forever be stuck with an entire game of blocked scenes because old suits had their head too far up their ass.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Who Knows?

I haven't played other Atlus games on modern gen consoles (besides catherine and P4G if that echnically counts) so has support in terms of any DLC/Update ever been done?

My bet is no tbh.

NotLiquid

By the time the "spoiler protection" period if you can call it that is exhausted I sincerely doubt Atlus are going to give a fuck

I find it very hard to care about this. I played 4 previous installations without being able to share images easily, and I don't see a reason for why I should be upset when it's just the same as it always has been.

I still don't get what's the point..., they should just enable it.
You have full Walkthrough in sites like IGN for free.., and that is way more spoiler than an image.

The point is the volume of images floating around, I think.

g11

It goes to the lengths of preventing screenshots even when the console automatically does it like when you earn a trophy, so I wouldn't count on them disabling it, as baffling as it is.

Well, Atlus must have noticed the sales dropping off a cliff in the second month and the complete lack of social media presence for the game after a couple of weeks. Still, I doubt they care. They will continue to try their hardest to keep any kind of word of mouth sharing community dead for this game. Just a short sighted company, honestly.

Sami+

Well, Atlus must have noticed the sales dropping off a cliff in the second month and the complete lack of social media presence for the game after a couple of weeks. Still, I doubt they care. They will continue to try their hardest to keep any kind of word of mouth sharing community dead for this game. Just a short sighted company, honestly.

Wait this happened? I was personally really disappointed with it as a fan of 3 and 4 but I was under the impression everyone loved it and it was popular.

Asd202

Wait this happened? I was personally really disappointed with it as a fan of 3 and 4 but I was under the impression everyone loved it and it was popular.

It was it's easily the best selling Atlus game at launch by far. People are just being overdramatic over the second month. It's not new that JRPGs drop like that in the second month, though the lack of social presents due to streaming policy may shorthen the game legs until price drop/sale. For me it's the best Persona game nonetheless.

Aselith

I find it very hard to care about this. I played 4 previous installations without being able to share images easily, and I don't see a reason for why I should be upset when it's just the same as it always has been.

Because it's a feature of the console. Why do the features of past games on different consoles with different features effect how you are evaluating a current gen game with different features?

Pachael

It's the type of company who will look at Nier:A's legs and go 'it's not streaming that's the problem, it's the fact that it's not an action RPG', and P6 will be the Action RPG Hashino looked at but rejected early on.

I still think if enough people got together from multiple communities we would be able to change this policy.

It just needs some leadership.

Edit: Personally I won't buy the game until this is patched.

I still think if enough people got together from multiple communities we would be able to change this policy.

It just needs some leadership.

Edit: Personally I won't buy the game until this is patched.

Ehh, why would you deny yourself a great game ( buy it second hand if you want to deny Atlus any money ) just because you cannot stream it?

To be fair I dislike the disabling of the share button too, I don't feel like pubs should have control over that.

I do think if the community can come together maybe we can change this policy. But it's probably already too late.

I could have been convinced that this was a genuine concern for the player experience being ruined by spoilers, until Sega also tried that same excuse for the adventure mode of Puyo Puyo Tetris.

I could understand if it was disabled for a month or two, but it seems really silly to keep it disabled. If nothing else, it was the game that finally made me disable notifications.

Grisby

I don't think they'll change it. Sucks, and honestly it does kind of damper my enjoyment with the game a little bit.

I kinda figured they would after a while. There's spoilers all over youtube and Atlus don't seem to be taking them down at all, and I've seen a few streams of the final boss and ending, so keeping it disabled is just a stupid decision that only really restricts a small minority of players.

As someone who doesn't even share this stuff, every time I see "cannot take screenshot" show up after a trophy notification, it takes me out of the scene. I really hate that Atlus. I really fucking hate that.

ZeroX03

Banned

I mean most game sales drop off a cliff after a month or two, that's not exactly unique to Persona or anything to do with the Share button.

wbEMX

I actually use Remote Play over PC and then a snapshot program to capture screenshots. Also not ideal, but its the best solution for me right now. Fuck Atlus.
2W6QRz8.png

Mediking

It was it's easily the best selling Atlus game at launch by far. People are just being overdramatic over the second month. It's not new that JRPGs drop like that in the second month, though the lack of social presents due to streaming policy may shorthen the game legs until price drop/sale. For me it's the best Persona game nonetheless.

^ Wrap it up. We're done.

I actually use Remote Play over PC and then a snapshot program to capture screenshots. Also not ideal, but its the best solution for me right now. Fuck Atlus.
I did this to stream a big portion of the game recently for my friend to watch. He had already beaten it, and wanted to see me play it.

Lothar

Banned
Ehh, why would you deny yourself a great game ( buy it second hand if you want to deny Atlus any money ) just because you cannot stream it?

I usually record games as a I play them to remember my progress. It's really helpful for long games as they take me months and I could go a week or two without playing. I recorded Persona 4 as I was playing. I would always go back and watch the last part I was doing and the last cutscene to remember.

I still might get P5 eventually but not being able to record made it fall down my To get list a lot.

One of the few games I actually wanted to take screenshots of because there was some legit great dialogue and character moments. Twas indeed a lame decision on their part.

^ Wrap it up. We're done.

Huh? It dropped out of the top 20 in its second month on the market. Meanwhile, Nier Automata has managed to remain in the top 20 for 3 months in a row.

Whether you think it's the best Persona game is irrelevant to this. Atlus is intentionally cutting the legs off its game and it's not surprising coming from the company that continuously botched the marketing and release in the west.

There are so many moments I would I could have shared to Twitter with the share button. Honestly, if I could have streamed the game like a normal person, I would have gotten them 3 sales from friends. Not much of course but that could add up.

Top Bottom