• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

VenomousCoffee
(05-03-2017, 03:09 PM)
Marvelheroes.info has lots of builds, etc.
ubersticky
(05-04-2017, 01:11 AM)
Are the servers down on the PS4 beta? I keep getting "Server Error: There was an error on the server. Please try again."
Jest Chillin
(05-04-2017, 01:18 AM)

Originally Posted by ubersticky

Are the servers down on the PS4 beta? I keep getting "Server Error: There was an error on the server. Please try again."

There was server maintenance earlier but it should be up now.
Darth Smurf X
(05-04-2017, 03:59 PM)

Originally Posted by VenomousCoffee

Marvelheroes.info has lots of builds, etc.

No Gambit Console builds?!?!? Fake list. Sad.
jmizzal
(05-15-2017, 03:44 PM)
So the PS4 closed beta ends today

Does that mean Xbox one closed beta is about to start?
Crimson_Gold
(05-15-2017, 03:46 PM)

Originally Posted by jmizzal

So the PS4 closed beta ends today

Does that mean Xbox one closed beta is about to start?

I thought it ended the 18th
jmizzal
(05-15-2017, 03:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Crimson_Gold

I thought it ended the 18th

Unless they changed it, the original page says its scheduled to run until May 15

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-a...launches-today
Crimson_Gold
(05-15-2017, 04:17 PM)

Originally Posted by jmizzal

Unless they changed it, the original page says its scheduled to run until May 15

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-a...launches-today

Says the 18th when you log in to play though. It'll be back up on the 19th
Ferny
(05-15-2017, 04:44 PM)
Is anyone making a thread for the console version?
ScientificPizza
(05-16-2017, 11:35 AM)
So this is going to be the last progression wipe? It sucks that eternity splinters don't carry over. They're already enough of a grind
Ferny
(05-16-2017, 05:36 PM)

Originally Posted by ScientificPizza

So this is going to be the last progression wipe? It sucks that eternity splinters don't carry over. They're already enough of a grind

Yeah this is the last wipe. After this, all progression will stay.
PLASTICA-MAN
(05-17-2017, 02:43 PM)
When will the Beta be playable again?
Ferny
(05-17-2017, 03:42 PM)

Originally Posted by PLASTICA-MAN

When will the Beta be playable again?

Friday morning. 8AM PST I believe.
mackaveli
(05-18-2017, 04:41 AM)
How much can I accomplish playing this game without spending any money?
Hyrule Warrior
(05-18-2017, 11:27 AM)
Have they said when this actually becomes a free to play game? I don't really want to buy any characters without a chance to try some out and see who I like, but the way it is now, the game is not really free to start.
Hyun Sai
(05-18-2017, 11:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Hyrule Warrior

Have they said when this actually becomes a free to play game? I don't really want to buy any characters without a chance to try some out and see who I like, but the way it is now, the game is not really free to start.

What do you mean ? You can buy one character for free and try all the others up to level 10, no ?
Hyrule Warrior
(05-18-2017, 11:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Hyun Sai

What do you mean ? You can buy one character for free and try all the others up to level 10, no ?

Well I don't see any way on the Playstation store to actually download the game without purchasing one of their bundles, unless I'm missing something
ScientificPizza
(05-18-2017, 11:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Hyrule Warrior

Well I don't see any way on the Playstation store to actually download the game without purchasing one of their bundles, unless I'm missing something

It'll be open on the 23rd
Hyrule Warrior
(05-18-2017, 11:42 AM)

Ah, thanks.
Camwi
(05-18-2017, 01:44 PM)

I was wondering the same. Thanks. Can't wait!
jmizzal
(05-18-2017, 03:19 PM)
https://news.xbox.com/2017/05/17/mar...x-one-june-20/

Comes out June 20th on Xbox one, doesnt look it Xbox will get a closed beta or open beta
abundant
(05-19-2017, 05:11 PM)
Played a little bit of the Early Access and found out they raised the prices of every character. So now the only characters you can purchase with your starting splinters are Angela, Nova, and Squirrel Girl. For everyone else you will have to earn from 125 extra splinters up to 350 extra splinters to unlock them.
Absoludacrous
(05-19-2017, 05:37 PM)

Originally Posted by abundant

Played a little bit of the Early Access and found out they raised the prices of every character. So now the only characters you can purchase with your starting splinters are Angela, Nova, and Squirrel Girl. For everyone else you will have to earn from 125 extra splinters up to 350 extra splinters to unlock them.

Which is extra hilarious because now you can't play co-op unless you buy someone outright or grind for an extra 100 splinters. And even then you're limited to those three.
Hyun Sai
(05-19-2017, 06:48 PM)
Ah ah ah I can't believe it. There goes all my interest. If I am limited to the previously 200 splinter heroes for my first character, Gazillion devs can go fuck themselves.

I'll give them until tuesday to see if they stick to their greedy shenanigan. If they don't at least give 525 splinter after tutorial, I'm out and will never go back. My friends share the same sentiment as well.

Unbelievable.
Absoludacrous
(05-19-2017, 06:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Hyun Sai

Ah ah ah I can't believe it. There goes all my interest. If I am limited to the previously 200 splinter heroes for my first character, Gazillion devs can go fuck themselves.

I'll give them until tuesday to see if they stick to their greedy shenanigan. If they don't at least give 525 splinter after tutorial, I'm out and will never go back. My friends share the same sentiment as well.

Unbelievable.

They've since come out and said they're going to adjust the tutorial to 525 and do something for the people who already got 400.

They called it an oversight, but you'd think this is something they'd have caught at numerous points when upping the price. But also Gaz, so
JStein0222
(05-19-2017, 06:54 PM)

Originally Posted by abundant

I was just about to start playing.

Not anymore.
Ferny
(05-19-2017, 06:55 PM)
They'll adjust it im sure. It seems like it was a legit mistake.
Kyolux
(05-19-2017, 07:06 PM)
Is team up confirmed for console? I've seen opposing answers to this. Need Ms. Marvel.
Stanng243
(05-19-2017, 07:07 PM)
Is purchasing a pack worth it? Or should I just wait until it's F2P. I don't plan on playing a lot, just occasional coop.
JStein0222
(05-19-2017, 07:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Stanng243

Is purchasing a pack worth it? Or should I just wait until it's F2P. I don't plan on playing a lot, just occasional coop.

Packs are expensive, I recommend waiting
Hyun Sai
(05-19-2017, 08:03 PM)
Yeah, I don't believe one minute this was a mistake. How can you adjust the price up and NOT ONE PERSON in your team is thinking about adusting the tutorial rewards ?

They were probably feeling the heat from every forum and media outlet and the early access was beginning to be very bad publicity.

I'm starting to understand why former PC players warned us about them...

Wait and see.
enixbelmont
(05-19-2017, 08:08 PM)
Can someone please make a topic just about all the bullshit they've been pulling?

- Saying war machine would be free to PS+ players, then changing their mind and charging for him, just PS+ players are the only ones who can buy it

- Saying they're aware inventory space was too expensive, and then having patch notes to say it's fixed and cheaper - players do basic math, turns out it's MORE EXPENSIVE, and they edit the patch notes to reflect. They either fail at math or think we're stupid, both are a very bad look.

- In addition, inventory space is already half of what it is on PC

- Adding loot boxes, with many costumes available for purchase ONLY available via those

- Ridiculous prices all around. 200 dollars to play as Iron Fist, since you need EVERY founder pack to play as him

- Stealth changing the cost of heroes with splinters in the actual game. Just bullshit, and more expensive than PC. Literally a bait and switch.

If people don't hear about this, it won't be changed. They deserve to have a spotlight on all this bullshit.
MrJohnSherry
(05-19-2017, 08:20 PM)

Originally Posted by enixbelmont

- Ridiculous prices all around. 200 dollars to play as Iron Fist, since you need EVERY founder pack to play as him

Is this bit true? I bought just the Spiderman pack - and when I go to Iron Fist on the roster it says at the bottom "1/2" so I assumed you only need to buy 2 founders packs to get him? I plan on buying the Guardians of the Galaxy pack at some point in the near future so I will let you know if noone else does in the mean time.

On the game - enjoying it a lot! Got to level 18 as Spiderman within 3 hours, alot of fun. I seem to be getting more Splinter drops than what I did in the closed beta aswell.
Absoludacrous
(05-19-2017, 08:33 PM)

Originally Posted by MrJohnSherry

Is this bit true? I bought just the Spiderman pack - and when I go to Iron Fist on the roster it says at the bottom "1/2" so I assumed you only need to buy 2 founders packs to get him? I plan on buying the Guardians of the Galaxy pack at some point in the near future so I will let you know if noone else does in the mean time.

On the game - enjoying it a lot! Got to level 18 as Spiderman within 3 hours, alot of fun. I seem to be getting more Splinter drops than what I did in the closed beta aswell.

1/2 is for costumes. The 1 is for his default. You need to buy all of the founders aside from War Machine to get him, otherwise he'll be released for everyone to purchase after six months (along with the symbiote Spider-Man costume).
Sol1dus
(05-19-2017, 08:38 PM)

Can someone please make a topic just about all the bullshit they've been pulling?

- Saying war machine would be free to PS+ players, then changing their mind and charging for him, just PS+ players are the only ones who can buy it

- Saying they're aware inventory space was too expensive, and then having patch notes to say it's fixed and cheaper - players do basic math, turns out it's MORE EXPENSIVE, and they edit the patch notes to reflect. They either fail at math or think we're stupid, both are a very bad look.

- Adding loot boxes, with many costumes available for purchase ONLY available via those

- Stealth changing the cost of heroes with splinters in the actual game. Just bullshit, and more expensive than PC. Literally a bait and switch.

If people don't hear about this, it won't be changed. They deserve to have a spotlight on all this bullshit.

Make a thread once the game launches?
Auraela
(05-19-2017, 08:40 PM)
Welcome to what us pc players have had for years they will most likely back pedal on some stuff and the fanboys will hail them as god almighty listening to us. Thats how it basically went with alot of things.
SRV
(05-19-2017, 08:49 PM)
Anyone outside of NA who got a closed key actually manage to get in?

I get in fine with my US account, but I've not been able to get in a single time on my UK account.
theonerayman
(05-20-2017, 03:17 AM)

It really is crazy. People on the official forums have been freaking out, but they just don't seem to care.
JStein0222
(05-20-2017, 03:29 AM)
Yikes at that list. And here I thought predatory microtransactions went out of style semi-recently
Hyun Sai
(05-20-2017, 03:32 AM)
I just heard that they offer 500 splinters if you log this week end in compensation. So you could end with 900 splinters total if you didn't buy any character yet.

https://forums.marvelheroesomega.com...utorial-update
Hyrule Warrior
(05-20-2017, 03:33 AM)

This is making me not wanna play the game purely on principal all of a sudden. I hate shitty business practices that exist to exploit their fanbase like this.

I was mainly interested in trying this game because Jeff from giantbomb seemed to enjoy it on PC for so long, so I thought maybe it was a decent f2p game. But this stuff is still pretty shitty.
ScientificPizza
(05-20-2017, 03:48 AM)
There is no way the eternity splinters thing is a mistake because that's exactly how it was when it launched on PC
Absoludacrous
(05-20-2017, 03:56 AM)

There is no way the eternity splinters thing is a mistake because that's exactly how it was when it launched on PC

Which part? Right now the only thing it shares with the PC launch is that there's a currency called eternity splinters used to buy heroes.

At launch the characters were cheaper. Even compared to the beta, which shuffled some pricing around on characters like Wolverine and Jean. Launch also didn't give any eternity splinters for the tutorial. Instead you were given a choice of five heroes to start and the rest had to be bought with cash or es.

I get why they changed it. The PC is clearly hurting for cash so they're adjusting their f2p model on console since it's a fresh start. But it was a really terrible idea to make these changes after the closed beta, and to not tweak the tutorial out of the gate. If there's a pitfall infront of them, Gaz literally can't do anything but walk directly into it.
ScientificPizza
(05-20-2017, 04:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Absoludacrous

Which part? Right now the only thing it shares with the PC launch is that there's a currency called eternity splinters used to buy heroes.

At launch the characters were cheaper. Even compared to the beta, which shuffled some pricing around on characters like Wolverine and Jean. Launch also didn't give any eternity splinters for the tutorial. Instead you were given a choice of five heroes to start and the rest had to be bought with cash or es.

I get why they changed it. The PC is clearly hurting for cash so they're adjusting their f2p model on console since it's a fresh start. But it was a really terrible idea to make these changes after the closed beta, and to not tweak the tutorial out of the gate. If there's a pitfall infront of them, Gaz literally can't do anything but walk directly into it.

I mean that you were only given a limited choice of characters for free in the PC version, which is basically exactly how it's being done here
Absoludacrous
(05-20-2017, 04:15 AM)

I mean that you were only given a limited choice of characters for free in the PC version, which is basically exactly how it's being done here

Yea, that's sort of true, but I can't imagine it was their intention to limit the choices to SG, Nova, and Angela. It's much more like Gaz to forget a major detail like the tutorial rewards than be intentionally terrible.

Though even that sentence is harder to type after seeing the stash and loot box situation.
PadWarrior
(05-20-2017, 04:17 AM)
Is there a quick way to earn splinters and money for costumes?
ScientificPizza
(05-20-2017, 04:45 AM)
Do characters not drop anymore?
k1t4j
(05-20-2017, 10:03 AM)
you get 400 splinters from the tutorial

and then an extra 525 from Gaz mistake, if you log in this weekend so that is kinda decent of them, i guess.

I have now roughly 1000 splinters and 4 characters, should last me a while :)
PLASTICA-MAN
(05-20-2017, 10:07 AM)
Why this is not avaialble in EU zone?
Hyun Sai
(05-20-2017, 11:00 AM)
Well, I didn't receive any additional splinters. They say it's in the delivery section of the inventory, but I can't access it unless I buy something from the store ?

Ah ah ah what the fuck ?