• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Crimson_Gold
Member
(05-16-2017, 03:15 PM)
Crimson_Gold's Avatar

Originally Posted by VenomousCoffee

No, I'm going to stay strong, dammit!

But we were supposed to be a dynamic duo
mackaveli
Member
(05-18-2017, 04:33 AM)
so the open beta on may 23rd, will this progression stay when the game launches or will it be wiped>
Frostinferno
Member
(05-18-2017, 04:35 AM)
Frostinferno's Avatar

Originally Posted by mackaveli

so the open beta on may 23rd, will this progression stay when the game launches or will it be wiped>

Open beta progress stays.
Anoregon
Member
(05-18-2017, 12:17 PM)
Anoregon's Avatar
Yeah open beta is essentially when the game launches as far as progress goes. Anything you do, obtain, buy, etc stays yours.
Indignate
Member
(05-18-2017, 03:49 PM)
Indignate's Avatar
May 23rd

X-23

Nico Minoru.

See the signs. #staywoke
Experien
Member
(05-18-2017, 04:01 PM)
Wait, I thought all content was wiped today, is it now May 23?
Frostinferno
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:52 AM)
Frostinferno's Avatar
Angelus Errare
this looks like one of those Final Fantasy games lionhead always makes
(05-19-2017, 07:57 AM)
Angelus Errare's Avatar

Originally Posted by AKingNamedPaul

Jubilee would be awesome. She has such a lame super power, but I cant help but love her cheesy 80's sense of style

Funny thing is Jubilee is actually REALLY powerful, she just doesn't know it.
ScientificPizza
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:09 AM)
ScientificPizza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Experien

Wait, I thought all content was wiped today, is it now May 23?

It was wiped today. If you have a founders pack it'll be open again tomorrow and then it's open to everyone on the 23rd
Crimson_Gold
Member
(05-19-2017, 02:36 PM)
Crimson_Gold's Avatar
My ps4 is downloading patch 1.04 now. It adds YouTube streaming and marvelous loot boxes. Says it's 15gb. That's about 30gb of patches in the past 2 days.

8tb external...
jon bones
hot hot hanuman-on-man action
(05-19-2017, 02:40 PM)
jon bones's Avatar
whats the deal with the console version? do you get a random box to start or eternity splinters?
Crimson_Gold
Member
(05-19-2017, 02:44 PM)
Crimson_Gold's Avatar

Originally Posted by jon bones

whats the deal with the console version? do you get a random box to start or eternity splinters?

You get eternity splinters. You have to buy a founders pack to start now, but everyone gets early access on ps4 the 23rd
jon bones
hot hot hanuman-on-man action
(05-19-2017, 02:48 PM)
jon bones's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crimson_Gold

You get eternity splinters. You have to buy a founders pack to start now, but everyone gets early access on ps4 the 23rd

cool - how many? enough to unlock any 1 character of your choice?
Crimson_Gold
Member
(05-19-2017, 03:29 PM)
Crimson_Gold's Avatar

Originally Posted by jon bones

cool - how many? enough to unlock any 1 character of your choice?

400. I think k a couple of the characters are 600 now, but most were 400 from what I remember
schaft0620
Member
(05-19-2017, 03:36 PM)
schaft0620's Avatar
Here is my gripe, they won't wipe the game again from open beta to going live however they will not add trophies until the game goes live.

Why launch (essentially) the game now with no trophies so then I have to do everything all over again.
Crimson_Gold
Member
(05-19-2017, 03:40 PM)
Crimson_Gold's Avatar

Originally Posted by schaft0620

Here is my gripe, they won't wipe the game again from open beta to going live however they will not add trophies until the game goes live.

Why launch (essentially) the game now with no trophies so then I have to do everything all over again.

I thought trophies were in the last patch? 1.03
abundant
Member
(05-19-2017, 03:44 PM)
abundant's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crimson_Gold

400. I think k a couple of the characters are 600 now, but most were 400 from what I remember

Correct. Iron Man, Spider Man, Rocket, Deadpool, Wolverine, and Jean Grey are the only characters you won't have enough splinters for at the beginning of the game.
schaft0620
Member
(05-19-2017, 03:45 PM)
schaft0620's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crimson_Gold

I thought trophies were in the last patch? 1.03

Can you let me know?

Edit: Holy cow I think you are right, can't wait to hop on tonight and get started.
Last edited by schaft0620; 05-19-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Crimson_Gold
Member
(05-19-2017, 03:49 PM)
Crimson_Gold's Avatar

Originally Posted by schaft0620

Can you let me know?

Edit: Holy cow I think you are right, can't wait to hop on tonight and get started.

Add me on PSN. I'll be playing all night
abundant
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:37 PM)
abundant's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crimson_Gold

400. I think a couple of the characters are 600 now, but most were 400 from what I remember

Well Gazillion decided to raise the prices for every character without adjusting the starting splinters you get for completing the tutorial. So now the roster of heroes you could've picked from at the beginning for free and without grinding went from 32 to 3. Needless to say, people are pissed off at the changes.

Oh and apparently there are costumes like the Planet Hulk costume that can only be acquired from Marvelous Loot Boxes.
Last edited by abundant; 05-19-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Stallion Dan
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:41 PM)
Stallion Dan's Avatar

Originally Posted by abundant

Well Gazillion decided to raise the prices for every character without adjusting the starting splinters you get for completing the tutorial. So now the roster of heroes you could've picked from at the beginning for free and without grinding went from 32 to 3. Needless to say, people are pissed off at the changes.

Great way to kill off interest right from the start.
abundant
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:44 PM)
abundant's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stallion Dan

Great way to kill off interest right from the start.

Most people on their forums expect them to adjust the starting splinters from 400 to 525 soon, because otherwise they're sending the game out to die next week. And in case you were wondering, the 3 you can pick from are Angela, Nova, and Squirrel Girl.
Last edited by abundant; 05-19-2017 at 05:47 PM.
PadWarrior
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:02 PM)
PadWarrior's Avatar
So is the open beta starting today?
Absoludacrous
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:10 PM)
Absoludacrous's Avatar
They also lowered the amount of inventory spaces you start with from 50 down to 40. And made expanding them more expensive, which is extra funny given that inventory prices were among the chief complaints in the closed beta.

Originally Posted by PadWarrior

So is the open beta starting today?

I believe open beta starts May 23rd. "Early Access" to the open beta started today for people in the closed beta.
Last edited by Absoludacrous; 05-19-2017 at 06:14 PM.
abundant
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:16 PM)
abundant's Avatar

Originally Posted by Absoludacrous

They also lowered the amount of inventory spaces you start with from 50 down to 40.

With this, the increase in character costs, and costumes (which were purchasable w/ Gs on the PC) being locked to Marvelous Loot Boxes, pretty much all the good will Gaz got during the closed beta is gone.
Wallach
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:17 PM)
Wallach's Avatar
Inventory was always 40 to start.
Human Trashcan
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:18 PM)
Human Trashcan's Avatar

Originally Posted by abundant

With this, the increase in character costs, and costumes (which were purchasable w/ Gs on the PC) being locked to Marvelous Loot Boxes, pretty much all the good will Gaz got during the closed beta is gone.

Gaz squandering goodwill with bad decisions? I'm shocked. This is my shocked face.
Absoludacrous
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:19 PM)
Absoludacrous's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wallach

Inventory was always 40 to start.

Pretty sure it was 50, but I only played the first couple days. Either way they increased the prices, wrote the patch notes to suggest they were lowering them, then had to go back and edit them once people did the math.

Edit: No, you're right. It was apparently 40 but had words right underneath with bigger font saying 50 expansion slots available, which is probably why I thought that.

Edit2: So they are at least going to bump the tutorial ES up to 525
Last edited by Absoludacrous; 05-19-2017 at 06:42 PM.
abundant
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:44 PM)
abundant's Avatar
Someone from Gaz finally commented about the increase in character price and according to him, the 400 splinters you start out with was an oversight which will more than likely be fixed when the open beta starts next week. If you're in the Early Access, they claim to be looking into a work around.
PadWarrior
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:53 PM)
PadWarrior's Avatar

Originally Posted by Absoludacrous

They also lowered the amount of inventory spaces you start with from 50 down to 40. And made expanding them more expensive, which is extra funny given that inventory prices were among the chief complaints in the closed beta.



I believe open beta starts May 23rd. "Early Access" to the open beta started today for people in the closed beta.

I was in the closed nice!
Neverwinter27
Junior Member
(05-19-2017, 07:15 PM)
Neverwinter27's Avatar
(Please delete double post)
Last edited by Neverwinter27; 05-19-2017 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Double post
Neverwinter27
Junior Member
(05-19-2017, 07:16 PM)
Neverwinter27's Avatar
Here is how I'm going to do this now with these increased splinter costs and inventory price markups. I'm going to play through the game once through story mode with whatever starter character is available, and then this game will be deleted from the hard drive. If Gazillion likes to set up unreasonable paywalls, I can do the same thing, namely how about not spending a single dime now.
Drayco21
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:21 PM)
Drayco21's Avatar
This fucking game :lol
schaft0620
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:23 PM)
schaft0620's Avatar

Originally Posted by abundant

Well Gazillion decided to raise the prices for every character without adjusting the starting splinters you get for completing the tutorial. So now the roster of heroes you could've picked from at the beginning for free and without grinding went from 32 to 3. Needless to say, people are pissed off at the changes.

Oh and apparently there are costumes like the Planet Hulk costume that can only be acquired from Marvelous Loot Boxes.

Looks like they are trying to fix it.

And finding a resolution for those who were given the 400 Eternity Splinter Amount. Sorry for the inconvenience and updates to comes. (2/2)

https://twitter.com/MarvelHeroes/sta...24387025747968
Red Arremer
Member
(05-19-2017, 09:07 PM)
Red Arremer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Frostinferno

Gonna be the anniversary pet. :)
They're also going to do a team-up which apparently is going to be "something different".
Demoskinos
Member
(05-19-2017, 09:24 PM)
Demoskinos's Avatar
Glad I wasn't crazy when I booted this up and wondered why all the prices seemed higher than the closed beta.
Drayco21
Member
(05-19-2017, 09:26 PM)
Drayco21's Avatar
Cosmo is only as great as the awful sounding Russian accent he speaks with.

Don't let us down, Gaz!
abundant
Member
(05-19-2017, 10:29 PM)
abundant's Avatar
Good news for anyone in the Early Access. If you log in this weekend, you'll be gifted 500 eternity splinters. And the fix to the starting splinter cost you're awarded after the tutorial should be up before the Open Beta begins next week.
Last edited by abundant; 05-19-2017 at 10:34 PM.
schaft0620
Member
(05-19-2017, 10:37 PM)
schaft0620's Avatar

Originally Posted by abundant

Good news for anyone in the Early Access. If you log in this weekend, you'll be gifted 500 eternity splinters. And the fix to the starting splinter cost you're awarded after the tutorial should be up before the Open Beta begins next week.

Nice, only 7GB left of my 1.04 patch, hope it moves faster! Can't wait to get in.
VenomousCoffee
Member
(05-19-2017, 11:16 PM)
VenomousCoffee's Avatar
Nice to see console players are getting the authentic Gaz experience right from the start.
PadWarrior
Member
(05-20-2017, 01:43 AM)
PadWarrior's Avatar
When do we get daredevil?
Xaero Gravity
Banned
(05-20-2017, 03:16 AM)
Stealthily increasing all the prices? I get that it's F2P and they need to make money, but doing it like this is a sure fire way to throw away the good will accumulated during the closed beta.


Originally Posted by PadWarrior

When do we get daredevil?

23rd
Last edited by Xaero Gravity; 05-20-2017 at 03:18 AM.
Jiggaloboy
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:47 AM)
Jiggaloboy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xaero Gravity

Stealthily increasing all the prices? I get that it's F2P and they need to make money, but doing it like this is a sure fire way to throw away the good will accumulated during the closed beta.

Gaz hasn't given a damn about good will for months upon months, why would they start to now?
PadWarrior
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:22 AM)
PadWarrior's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xaero Gravity

Stealthily increasing all the prices? I get that it's F2P and they need to make money, but doing it like this is a sure fire way to throw away the good will accumulated during the closed beta.



23rd

Thanks!
Toki767
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:49 AM)
Toki767's Avatar
400 to 525 and 600 to 775 seems rather excessive.
pock3tmonster
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:51 AM)
pock3tmonster's Avatar
If I buy a Founder's Pack now, will I receive instant access to the head start program?
Xaero Gravity
Banned
(05-20-2017, 04:53 AM)

Originally Posted by pock3tmonster

If I buy a Founder's Pack now, will I receive instant access to the head start program?

Yeah.
pock3tmonster
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:56 AM)
pock3tmonster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xaero Gravity

Yeah.

I've been waiting and waiting for Gazillion and Sony to make the packs available via the Australian PSN Store. Right now, we only have access to Spider-Man and War Machine. I wanted the X-Men bundle, but I might just settle with Spidey.
schaft0620
Member
(05-20-2017, 05:46 AM)
schaft0620's Avatar
How can I earn G tokens or credits used to buy costumes?
Talonluck
Junior Member
(05-20-2017, 05:49 AM)
Talonluck's Avatar

Originally Posted by VenomousCoffee

Nice to see console players are getting the authentic Gaz experience right from the start.

Having played since PC closed beta, this is the truth. This just feels like less rewards for more time. Not a fun tradeoff.

Thread Tools