• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

inky
(12-22-2015, 07:22 PM)
If you want to be invited to the Supergroup just leave a message in the thread with your in-game name in it and someone will get to you.

| SERVER STATUS | Latest Patch Notes | Official Site | Official Forums | marvelheroes.info (Item, Character and Build database) | Youtube Guides for New Players | Test Center Client | System Requirements | OT1 | OT2 |
CLICK to get it:

Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(12-22-2015, 07:25 PM)
wasnt this game dead?

edit: lol the wall of shame :(
Xevren
(12-22-2015, 07:26 PM)
Iron Fist is out and he's awesome <3
BLunted
Banned
(12-22-2015, 07:26 PM)
I should get back in to this game, it was pretty good!
mreddie
(12-22-2015, 07:32 PM)
Until Wasp or Kamala join in, maybe.

Also, props for using the right Nova.
Finaika
(12-22-2015, 07:32 PM)
I'm still waiting for Sinsear.
Syril
(12-22-2015, 07:33 PM)
I played it some earlier in the year, and Rocket Raccoon's moveset was really fun, but everything was so braindead easy that I had to intentionally play badly to get remotely injured. How far do you have to get for anything to be challenging?
Noray
(12-22-2015, 07:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Xevren

Iron Fist is out and he's awesome <3

He's dope, fam. Not even a fan of the character (simply not very familiar) but he's so good.

Highly recommend everyone who likes ARPGs to try this at least, and join the GAF SG. Free is free.

Originally Posted by Syril

I played it some earlier in the year, and Rocket Raccoon's moveset was really fun, but everything was so braindead easy that I had to intentionally play badly to get remotely injured. How far do you have to get for anything to be challenging?

Endgame, or Red terminals starting at level 20 are more challenging than story mode, at least. Much like Diablo 3, there really isn't much in the way of challenging content until the level cap.
Rizzo
(12-22-2015, 07:38 PM)
Re-downloaded it for the Christmas stuff, maybe it'll get me hooked again for a bit.
Dongs Macabre
aka Daedalos42
(12-22-2015, 07:38 PM)

There's raids and cosmic zones where things can get pretty difficult. They also just added Danger Rooms which are randomly generated levels with different modifiers that are pretty challenging.
Indignate
(12-22-2015, 07:39 PM)
I don't know how there were so many votes when only like 4 people post in this thread.
inky
(12-22-2015, 07:39 PM)

You could try Red Terminals from level 20. They are boss runs tuned a bit harder than the story mode.

Story mode is designed to take you from 1 - 55/60 depending on your XP gains and how much side content you do, but it is tuned on the easy side. Once you hit level 60 there's a ton of content ranging from easy farm mode to very challenging.
Neoxon
(12-22-2015, 07:40 PM)

Originally Posted by mreddie

Until Wasp or Kamala join in, maybe.

Also, props for using the right Nova.

This, though I guess they got Marvel to go along with it thanks to Sam being a glorified alternate costume.

I'm also glad that Gazillion got their contract before the infamous X-Men/F4 ban.
Xamtheking
(12-22-2015, 07:41 PM)
Gaf, you haven't let me down yet, and you're not going to now.
Downloading this.
family_guy
(12-22-2015, 07:42 PM)
So how are the story missions in this game in general? Does it feel like they put effort into them or are they your typical MMO-style do this X number of times?
Drayco21
Aw yiss, new thread, new hopes and dreams.

This is the year we finally get Kaine, guys!
xrayregime
Inky, another great OT!

Happy Holidays everyone. Make sure you keep logging in for the gifts (especially new people)!
killroy87
(12-22-2015, 07:43 PM)
Has the controller support been added yet?

It's literally the one and only thing stopping me from playing.
Rollo Tomasi
(12-22-2015, 07:45 PM)
Are there any plans to bring this to consoles?
Noray
(12-22-2015, 07:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi

I'm going to say yes. But nothing official yet. But I wouldn't be surprised at a PS4 version in 2016.
xrayregime
(12-22-2015, 07:48 PM)

Originally Posted by killroy87

Has the controller support been added yet?

It's literally the one and only thing stopping me from playing.

Steam controller, yes. Others coming soon.

Very strong rumors but nothing official yet.
Queen of Hunting
(12-22-2015, 07:48 PM)
Any new gaffer that joins over christmas shall be getting some items from cash shop from me as a christmas present.

New thread selfie

Drayco21
(12-22-2015, 07:49 PM)

Brevik really wants a PS4 port, and controller support is happening, so I assume it's only a matter of time. I'm not sure if their batshit update model will be translatable to consoles, but I hope so.
inky
(12-22-2015, 07:50 PM)

Originally Posted by family_guy

So how are the story missions in this game in general? Does it feel like they put effort into them or are they your typical MMO-style do this X number of times?

Story mode is pretty straightforward: you make your way through the map and defeat bosses, then go back to a hub where you are sent to a new area. Sometimes objectives include interacting with terminals. There's not pick "10 of this and 10 of that" missions.

Originally Posted by Queen of Hunting

Any new gaffer that joins over christmas shall be getting some items from cash shop from me as a christmas present.

New thread selfie

Oops, forgot to include that in the OP (you are gonna go broke tho ;P not really )

:D
Ranmo
(12-22-2015, 07:50 PM)
I can't believe its been an entire year since I played this game regularly. I'll have to give it a shot again now that there are a few more heroes out that I want to own. Also Danger Room looks good. I was waiting for that for so long but ultimately got sucked in by D3 seasons.
Xamtheking
(12-22-2015, 07:52 PM)
Aaaaaaand Steam Store is more hammered than Charlie Sheen
Anoregon
The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
(12-22-2015, 07:59 PM)
This is a pretty fun game. People should play it sometimes, and then get mad it it, and stop playing for a while, then play again. It's the marvelgaf way!

Also, new people do not underestimate Queens' gifting game. Girl takes her shit seriously.

edit: Just noticed I broke 1k posts in the last OT. Whelp.

Anyway, great job inky!
Indignate
(12-22-2015, 08:00 PM)
Should mention that they are giving out bonus daily log in rewards until the end of the month.

Most notably for new players is a Groot Team-Up on the 25th, and a Random Character Box on the 31st.

Also Kepow got banned so you don't have to worry about him anymore.
shiftplusone
(12-22-2015, 08:03 PM)
I thought Controller support was supposed to be in the fall update?

not that it matters I still play anyway but you know
Anoregon
The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
(12-22-2015, 08:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Indignate

Also Kepow got banned so you don't have to worry about him anymore.

Banned but not forgotten! DO U LIKE COMIX??
Akhe
(12-22-2015, 08:09 PM)
What an awesome game.
4 Heroes left and I can't wait to get Black Cat!! (and Domino).
Pics_nao
(12-22-2015, 08:16 PM)
Wait, Miles might be coming in 2016? Wat
Lashley
Why does he wear the mask!?
Great OT

Best F2P game ever, IMO.
Frostinferno
Damn Inky, doing it big with this new thread. Very nice.

Originally Posted by shiftplusone

I thought Controller support was supposed to be in the fall update?

not that it matters I still play anyway but you know

It'll be in the big 2016 patch next month.
Anoregon
(12-22-2015, 08:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Pics_nao

He's been in option in official "vote for the next hero polls", so it's a safe bet that anyone who was presented as a choice is on the shortlist for 2016. That also includes Green Goblin and Kamala.
Gala
(12-22-2015, 08:20 PM)
Okay! I'm in! Sounds too good to pass on.
Queen of Hunting
(12-22-2015, 08:20 PM)

Originally Posted by inky

Oops, forgot to include that in the OP (you are gonna go broke tho ;P not really )

Thats cool add it in
Drayco21
(12-22-2015, 08:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Pics_nao

Makes sense, 2016 seems like a really depressing year for new characters.
LordGraySkull
(12-22-2015, 08:27 PM)
At some point I might be interested in lvling Iron Fist.

They need to hurry up and release that P5 Magik costume....and fix her damn bugs.

Only character I'll probably give a crap about next year is Angela.
Pachimari
(12-22-2015, 08:31 PM)
I should get back into this in the new year. Really loved it when I played it earlier this year.
Slayven
gimme some o dat God-crafted alabaster greatness
(12-22-2015, 08:36 PM)
Man I play but always get bored by the time you start using the X-men mansion as a hub. That and the won't add Sleep Walker
family_guy
(12-22-2015, 08:42 PM)

Originally Posted by inky

Story mode is pretty straightforward: you make your way through the map and defeat bosses, then go back to a hub where you are sent to a new area. Sometimes objectives include interacting with terminals. There's not pick "10 of this and 10 of that" missions.

So is it kind of like Marvel Ultimate Alliance?
Nokagi
(12-22-2015, 08:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Queen of Hunting

So can I quit the SG then get a invite back to receive these gifts?! o_O
Frostinferno
(12-22-2015, 08:45 PM)

Originally Posted by family_guy

So is it kind of like Marvel Ultimate Alliance?

Kinda. A cross between that game and Diablo.
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(12-22-2015, 09:14 PM)
so...dont buy Gs right now, at least if you play on Steam :/

Fuckers took the money from my wallet, but I didnt get the Gs, one assumes because of the sale traffic, but yeah, now I got a ticket in with both Steam and Gaz... thats gonna be lovely to fix >_> sigh
Lashley
(12-22-2015, 09:15 PM)
600 ES, new stash or Doom?

Probably have to be stash :(
Lashley
(12-22-2015, 09:18 PM)
Keep dying in the cosmic trial with SW :(
TerminalDogma
(12-22-2015, 09:18 PM)
This game had me for a while. Ended up spending more money then I ever planned on, but I don't regret it. It was good times, and Gaz almost makes you want to fund the game a bit. Maybe I'll give it another go now that Iron Fist is out. Is there a good necro/pet class yet? I think Rocket and his turrets were the closest thing last I played. Kinda but not really Squirrel Girl.
Rhaknar
(12-22-2015, 09:20 PM)

Originally Posted by TerminalDogma

This game had me for a while. Ended up spending more money then I ever planned on, but I don't regret it. It was good times, and Gaz almost makes you want to fund the game a bit. Maybe I'll give it another go now that Iron Fist is out. Is there a good necro/pet class yet? I think Rocket and his turrets were the closest thing last I played. Kinda but not really Squirrel Girl.

Doom (of all people) is the closest. Magik could have been but they made it so you can only have a few pets out at the same time and you need to pick and choose

Doom you can have a bunch of pets out at the same time
Xamtheking
(12-22-2015, 09:21 PM)
Damn this kills my computer
RIP free time