• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Some Nobody
Junior Member
(03-22-2017, 06:30 PM)
Man, almost ALL of those games looked dope. The wuxia aesthetic isn't utilized often enough; I'd love to see more.
PSqueak
Member
(03-22-2017, 06:37 PM)
PSqueak's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mephala

Looks great.

We had a thread on the kickstarter mecha game already.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1248300
I'll bring the gifs to jog some memories. Please check out their ks page. A lot of info, images, animations, etc.

This one got my interest, a sidescroller with SRW level animations? YES PLEASE!
PuppetMaster
Member
(03-22-2017, 06:44 PM)
PuppetMaster's Avatar
Wow some of these look great.
PhantomVash808
Member
(03-22-2017, 10:39 PM)
PhantomVash808's Avatar
Wow some great looking titles especially Lost Soul Aside. Kudos to Sony on this new initiative.
Nesther
Member
(03-22-2017, 10:56 PM)
Nesther's Avatar

Originally Posted by Some Nobody

Man, almost ALL of those games looked dope. The wuxia aesthetic isn't utilized often enough; I'd love to see more.

Yup, agreed. Would like to try all of these games out. Love that these projects are being supported.
nelsonroyale
Member
(03-22-2017, 11:07 PM)
nelsonroyale's Avatar
Very cool. Really looking forward to some awesome games from China. LSA looks cool and Project X looks like it has promise, just need to give the strikes more impact and make the movement a bit tighter.
Jaguar Victory
Member
(03-22-2017, 11:20 PM)
Jaguar Victory's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mephala

Looks great.

We had a thread on the kickstarter mecha game already.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1248300
I'll bring the gifs to jog some memories. Please check out their ks page. A lot of info, images, animations, etc.

This one really caught my eye. Looks dope

Looks like some of these are multiplat?
Sumio Mondo
Member
(03-22-2017, 11:21 PM)
Sumio Mondo's Avatar
What the heck was that visual novel looking game all about? I'm very interested in most of these games. Good on Sony for diversifying their portfolio and supporting these studios.
TI82
Banned
(03-22-2017, 11:24 PM)
Wow, those cloth physics are amazing
Jack The Nipper
Can outshoot and shutdown Steph Curry at the local YMCA.
(03-22-2017, 11:53 PM)
Jack The Nipper's Avatar

Originally Posted by miller.skippins

Yeah..If Capcom don't wanna do a DMC for PS4, let this guy do it then.

You guys are pushing this too far, you don't really know how this really plays or feels. Might want to wait and see before thinking it's the best thing yet. It may be good, but still need to play it..

I would be skeptical on a few of these games til we see what they turn into but maybe something will stand out and be worth while
ViciousDS
Banned
(03-22-2017, 11:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Amen to that


Oh shit


I remember these, the game looks amazing
TheTylerRob
Member
(03-23-2017, 12:04 AM)
TheTylerRob's Avatar
Kinda crazy how good all these games look.
Dio
Banned
(03-23-2017, 12:07 AM)
I've already seen Lost Soul Aside, but Project X looks fucking amazing for one reason -

I was just going to make a thread about how I've been reading a lot of wuxia and xianxia Chinese web novels and I'd love to play a game set in one of those universes.

Seeing that game makes me really happy because I was actually wondering if I'd ever play something like that.
JP
Member
(03-23-2017, 12:15 AM)
JP's Avatar
I do hope these make it out of Asia also.

I'd have no issues downloading versions which haven't been localised but most of these really look like the sort of games I like playing with subtitles.
jjonez18
Member
(03-23-2017, 12:18 AM)
jjonez18's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Lost souls aside about to be amazing

Yooo that looks awesome

DMC/God of War/Nier vibes

Edit:

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1


Yoooooooooo!
Last edited by jjonez18; 03-23-2017 at 12:22 AM.
Kaako
Felium Defensor
(03-23-2017, 12:18 AM)
Kaako's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dio

I've already seen Lost Soul Aside, but Project X looks fucking amazing for one reason -

I was just going to make a thread about how I've been reading a lot of wuxia and xianxia Chinese web novels and I'd love to play a game set in one of those universes.

Seeing that game makes me really happy because I was actually wondering if I'd ever play something like that.

Nice. Seeing it in action put a smile on my face and took me back to my childhood of growing up with these types of movies. Especially when the dude took off gliding in the air like some Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon type ish. Hell yes, bring it to me.

Edit:

Originally Posted by jjonez18

Yooo that looks awesome

DMC/God of War/Nier vibes

Make sure you guys check out the trailer he put out last year: Youtube Link
Badassery all around.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(03-23-2017, 12:31 AM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar
Gifs don't do that trailer justice plz watch it guys
Japanmanx3
Banned
(03-23-2017, 12:43 AM)
Every time that trailer is posted I have to watch it. Sends chills down my spine.
Exentryk
Member
(03-23-2017, 12:48 AM)
Exentryk's Avatar
Nice variety in titles! Looking forward to Lost Soul Aside.
Zeusy
Member
(03-23-2017, 12:52 AM)
Zeusy's Avatar
They look dope!
Kaako
Felium Defensor
(03-23-2017, 12:52 AM)
Kaako's Avatar

Originally Posted by Japanmanx3

Every time that trailer is posted I have to watch it. Sends chills down my spine.

Haha same. Even when I link it I end up watching it too cuz damn. Just incredible what one guy has been able to accomplish so far with this project. I think come PS5 launch, China is gonna turn some major heads in the video games industry.
Usobuko
Member
(03-23-2017, 12:57 AM)
Usobuko's Avatar
China and Korea lean more closer to Japanese preferences so I like this direction or at least initiative PlayStation is heading.
Zackat
Member
(03-23-2017, 12:57 AM)
Zackat's Avatar
Lost Soul Aside


Gskyace
Member
(03-23-2017, 01:02 AM)
Gskyace's Avatar






Personally, I'm interested in Lost Soul Aside, Code Name Hardcore and Project X.
Space Medafighter X
Member
(03-23-2017, 01:14 AM)
Space Medafighter X's Avatar
Subed, want to know more about this project and games!
KillerMan91
Member
(03-23-2017, 01:14 AM)
KillerMan91's Avatar
Most of the games on video also have pretty decent graphics. Especially considering how these must be pretty low budget productions. Better than your average Japanese AA game.
HStallion
Member
(03-23-2017, 01:17 AM)
HStallion's Avatar
They should do this in more parts of the world. Love to see games from India for example or countries in and around the Middle East, Africa as well and so on. Shit gimme a game from Antarctica!
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(03-23-2017, 01:25 AM)
Nirolak's Avatar

Originally Posted by KillerMan91

Most of the games on video also have pretty decent graphics. Especially considering how these must be pretty low budget productions. Better than your average Japanese AA game.

A lot of Chinese game development artists and engineers got started doing outsourcing work for major AAA Western games, and tended to use engines like Unreal and CryEngine for higher end local market PC titles, so they actually have a really deep bench of experience with modern graphics and tech.

Even a game like Uncharted 4 has a lot of art content from China or Pacific nations like Malaysia.
Chaos2Frozen
Member
(03-23-2017, 02:25 AM)
Chaos2Frozen's Avatar
The Chinese and Koreans have similiar aesthetic (and mechanic?) preferences as the Japanese gamers/developers.

To me this means if we can get console development industries up and running there it would interest the pool of games that I would want.
FelipeMGM
Member
(03-23-2017, 02:35 AM)
FelipeMGM's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nirolak

A lot of Chinese game development artists and engineers got started doing outsourcing work for major AAA Western games, and tended to use engines like Unreal and CryEngine for higher end local market PC titles, so they actually have a really deep bench of experience with modern graphics and tech.

Even a game like Uncharted 4 has a lot of art content from China or Pacific nations like Malaysia.

yeah, Virtous is the major example I believe. They are a big Chinese developer for 3D art outsourcing and they have multiple offices in China.
Last edited by FelipeMGM; 03-23-2017 at 02:38 AM.
Jack The Nipper
Can outshoot and shutdown Steph Curry at the local YMCA.
(03-23-2017, 02:36 AM)
Jack The Nipper's Avatar
They have experience with the tech and a lot of the work but I worry a bit when they are given a game to try and do soley on their own from game play, production , story etc

Not that they will all be bad just like any other area but I can imagine a few issues coming along for those that work on a game without any help.

I do wonder what kind of help or systems are in place to bring these games to the west. I don't think they will have many issues going to Japan but what sort of companies are going to be doing English and such? Is all of this handled through Sony and if so what companies are doing some of this work?

For me, it seems really confusing right now and are all these games apparently planned for the west so far? Maybe not..
Qvoth
Member
(03-23-2017, 03:43 AM)
Qvoth's Avatar
tiger knight is actually already on steam as an f2p game
http://store.steampowered.com/app/534500/
played very little but it's basically dynasty warriors with mount and blade controls
BADMAN
Member
(03-23-2017, 06:56 AM)
BADMAN's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nirolak

A lot of Chinese game development artists and engineers got started doing outsourcing work for major AAA Western games, and tended to use engines like Unreal and CryEngine for higher end local market PC titles, so they actually have a really deep bench of experience with modern graphics and tech.

Even a game like Uncharted 4 has a lot of art content from China or Pacific nations like Malaysia.

I wonder how it will affect the western industry once China has it's own group of large studios. Will talent for outsourcing ever become limited?
freeofgreed
Member
(03-23-2017, 10:41 AM)
freeofgreed's Avatar
Wow these games look amazing. China entering the console market with games like these would change the playing field entirely. I'm ready.


Originally Posted by BADMAN

I wonder how it will affect the western industry once China has it's own group of large studios. Will talent for outsourcing ever become limited?

Doubt it. Once China becomes more expensive/experienced, outsourcing will probably move to a new developing country and the cycle will continue.
Sesha
Member
(03-23-2017, 10:45 AM)
Sesha's Avatar
Devs like Bing Yang are the heroes the spectacle fighter genre deserves.
Drackhorn
Member
(03-23-2017, 10:48 AM)
Drackhorn's Avatar
Interesting stuff, so much talent.
Mdk7
Sequel dreams killed
by Graham Hopper
(03-23-2017, 10:58 AM)
Mdk7's Avatar
YAY for Lost Souls Aside!
GrayFoxPL
Member
(03-23-2017, 07:06 PM)
GrayFoxPL's Avatar
I like what I see. Hope they leave China.
erlim
yes, that talented of a member
(05-20-2017, 01:44 AM)
erlim's Avatar
Hey just found out about this. Very very cool Sony is trying to tap into the resources of China. They seem like they are developing more video game fandom, and it would be awesome to get some good developers out of somewhere with tons of man power. The games they selected seem quality. Not the 'China don't care' jank I have come to expect across art forms. The wuxia game looks so rad.

I really hope some of these games get localized.
i-Jest
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:45 AM)
i-Jest's Avatar

Originally Posted by Savantcore

That dude's glasses

Project Hardcore and Lost Souls Aside are the only titles I'm looking forward to.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(05-20-2017, 02:46 AM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by erlim

Hey just found out about this. Very very cool Sony is trying to tap into the resources of China. They seem like they are developing more video game fandom, and it would be awesome to get some good developers out of somewhere with tons of man power. The games they selected seem quality. Not the 'China don't care' jank I have come to expect across art forms. The wuxia game looks so rad.

I really hope some of these games get localized.

I believe they all will that's the entire point of the project help these guys reach a worldwide audience
LeleSocho
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:53 AM)
LeleSocho's Avatar
Yo i remember Lost Souls Aside, glad that development is continuing... i wonder if it's always a one man job.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(05-20-2017, 02:53 AM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by LeleSocho

Yo i remember Lost Souls Aside, glad that development is continuing... i wonder if it's always a one man job.

Not anymore. That first trailer was
Luminaire
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:59 AM)
Luminaire's Avatar
Bing Yang is one of the most endearing developers that I've seen. I'm excited for LSA, but it's great to see more Chinese game developers. A lot of these games seem intriguing and I'd like to see more.
erlim
yes, that talented of a member
(05-20-2017, 04:57 AM)
erlim's Avatar

Originally Posted by Luminaire

Bing Yang is one of the most endearing developers that I've seen. I'm excited for LSA, but it's great to see more Chinese game developers. A lot of these games seem intriguing and I'd like to see more.

I'm really impressed by that zero gravity in-space shooter. The zero gravity sequence of Killzone 3 was one of the better parts of the game. LSA looks awesome, I hope it delivers and that we can get a stream of dope action games outside of Platinum games.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(05-20-2017, 05:02 AM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by erlim

I'm really impressed by that zero gravity in-space shooter. The zero gravity sequence of Killzone 3 was one of the better parts of the game. LSA looks awesome, I hope it delivers and that we can get a stream of dope action games outside of Platinum games.

I hope that one can add vr to it would be amazing
erlim
yes, that talented of a member
(05-20-2017, 05:44 AM)
erlim's Avatar

Originally Posted by HStallion

They should do this in more parts of the world. Love to see games from India for example or countries in and around the Middle East, Africa as well and so on. Shit gimme a game from Antarctica!


I noticed they had it in Spain.

We live in such a cool age where we can start to experience distinct projects from many places around the world.
Last edited by erlim; 05-20-2017 at 05:48 AM.
dragonflys545
Member
(05-20-2017, 06:23 AM)
dragonflys545's Avatar
On Instagram I keep seeing company using LSA video as promotional video for their games. lol...

Thread Tools