• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need A Sidescroller (Switch)

czk51

Honestly the only thing that's stopping me from getting it is the checkpoint system. I respect it, but honestly not sure I have the time or patience at least at this point in time.

I've not long since SWD1 on both Vita + PS4 so definitely tempted to grab 2 but the price is a little higher and wife has been monitoring my spending like a hawk lately. 2017 is a real test for me!!

Speely

Banned
I honestly have not played a game this initially-hard in some time. Whew. What a rush.

Also, the controls are pretty good. Jumping is weird in a good way (imo) in that it makes you commit unless you take a double jump. I like that kind of "choices matter" gameplay.

ADS

Double-post idgaf because WOW this game is aces. Literally exactly what I wanted.

Volgarr, as simple as it appears, is one of my favorite games of all time.

It is initially frustrating as all hell, but once you're able to beat it you'll really appreciate how intricately designed each encounter really is, and how tightly tuned the controls are. It is one of the most fair games I've ever played and a really good example of how proper difficulty should be done.

I've beaten it a few times on PC but now I'm tempted to double dip on Switch...

hawk2025

Volgar was an excellent recommendation in this thread, but I would also second Tiny Barbarian DX.

It’s a game that starts super simple and standard, and then has so much variety and ideas poured into it. Each chapter has a ton of new mechanics, level types, and ball curves to keep it fresh.

Top Bottom