• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty (Black Ops 2) World Reveal - May 1st

MDSLKTR

Black ops was a technical mess on both ps3 and pc (closing the friends tab list on steam to avoid lag? Modifying the .ini to remove the stutter? and this sells millions?). Too bad because the multiplayer is actually the best since mw1. Hope they rectify it this time and that there's a decent vita port.

GenericUser

still play blops
i am still not tired of it
will buy this game day 1
will never again buy a dice game day 1

hell yeah, may 1st cant come soon enough

Black ops was a technical mess on both ps3 and pc (closing the friends tab list on steam to avoid lag? Modifying the .ini to remove the stutter? and this sells millions?). Too bad because the multiplayer is actually the best since mw1. Hope they rectify it this time and that there's a decent vita port.

I expect another copy/paste job

Hopefully Treyarch is able to clean up some of IW's mess from MW3.

I love Blops, but World at War is seriously an underrated multiplayer game.

Nekki

Don't buy it if it bothers you so much, clearly millions of people do like the series. Too many people expect the next game to be like Journey or Amnesia, I treat Black Ops like my go to multiplayer game when I need relief from single player games like Skyrim or Uncharted, it is my filler game for when I complete my latest game until the next one I buy and for those reasons it is an excellent game.

It actually does the industry good to have games like this available, someone else had said it provides a jumping in point for non gamers.

Maybe i should've elaborated more on that point.

The reason i say that is because it would be nice for other studios to stop trying to create the next call of duty, and have more all around creativity within the industry. I don't know, it's selfish and stupid, but those are my feelings.

AHA-Lambda

Maybe i should've elaborated more on that point.

The reason i say that is because it would be nice for other studios to stop trying to create the next call of duty, and have more all around creativity within the industry. I don't know, it's selfish and stupid, but those are my feelings.

That's the industry's fault not Call of Duty's. It'll just try to copy the next big thing that dethrones CoD too.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Uh wat? Wario64 is now banned for real? anyone know what happend?

Uic2F.jpg

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
The cook gif is the thread.

Bored of COD. Bored of FPS. Bored of any game that revolves around shooting stuff.

AHA-Lambda

Ok now the callofduty website links directly to the FPSRussia video in question, no ambiguity that it is connected then.

Black Ops 2/Future Warfare?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
so, on the official teaser site there are those "classified" screens floating in the background...spotted in one of them this "picture". i enhanced it a bit. can someone make something out of it?

yes, i care. ;-)

I guess we now know this image is infact a super close up of the QuadRotor.
uOSVc.jpg

No mechs.....Damn, i am so disappoint.
Ehh....Halo 4 is on my November list, Black Ops 2 ill pick up much later.

Looking at the above screenshot, its makes me believe Black Ops 2 is gonna be in more distant than MW3 future.

Whoa!

So I guess BO is taking over modern times, I wonder then what IW will do next year.

Didn't they acquire allot of Future warfare kind of domain's couple months back?
Kinda want them to go in that direction. I'm imagining Mass Effect and Dead space kind of weaponry in a cod setting.

I'm hoping for a straight up Space Warfare from IW. I'm thrilled Treyarch is doing near future.

Who says it's going to take place in the future? I believe due to contractual obligations Treyarch couldn't employ modern/futuristic weapons or setting because of the Modern Warfare series, but since those games are done story wise, maybe the reigns are off.

I'm thinking theyare going MGS3-style with this. That game was in the past but had mechs and hover jets, you name it. BO2 probably won't get that far into mecha territory, but it could still be fitted in a historical setting

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Who says it's going to take place in the future? I believe due to contractual obligations Treyarch couldn't employ modern/futuristic weapons or setting because of the Modern Warfare series, but since those games are done story wise, maybe the reigns are off.

I'm thinking theyare going MGS3-style with this. That game was in the past but had mechs and hover jets, you name it. BO2 probably won't get that far into mecha territory, but it could still be fitted in a historical setting

Idk, the FPS Russia dude emphasized the 10-15 years away from the quadrotor being actually used. It seemed like he was trying to tell us that Blops 2 is 10-15 years into the future similar to the latest Ghost Recon.

Idk, the FPS Russia dude emphasized the 10-15 years away from the quadrotor being actually used. It seemed like he was trying to tell us that Blops 2 is 10-15 years into the future similar to the latest Ghost Recon.

Good point. I guess they are bordering on future territory. Still expect some historical settings though.

Since it's about black ops I guess it could still be used in a contemporary setting. Just like the helicopters they used during the Bin Laden assassination.

RoylAsult

i still have a bad taste in my mouth over MW3, i liked the single player but the online is such a clusterfuck.

everyone drops when shoots
no one aims and just sprays
knife is faster then bullets still

the game is just so irritating to play. MW by far, the best game in the series because it was new... they should just call 2 and 3 MW 1.1 and 1.2....

hamchan

i still have a bad taste in my mouth over MW3, i liked the single player but the online is such a clusterfuck.

knife is faster then bullets still

the game is just so irritating to play. MW by far, the best game in the series because it was new... they should just call 2 and 3 MW 1.1 and 1.2....

These aren't problems at all. If people want to play badly and get killed by me then I'm fine with that. The main problems of MW3 are the maps and the spawns.

RoylAsult

These aren't problems at all. If people want to play badly and get killed by me then I'm fine with that. The main problems of MW3 are the maps and the spawns.

yes, yes they are.

im not bad at this game at all, ive always been good. but when im going 75-35 in a game of headquarters there is something wrong. not the 75 kills part, its the fact that the amount of deaths in this game per player is way up to previous games.

just running around spraying a burst and killing someone is not fun at all. Do that shit in BF3 and see what happens. better yet, go prone as you are shooting and see what happens.

hamchan

yes, yes they are.

im not bad at this game at all, ive always been good. but when im going 75-35 in a game of headquarters there is something wrong. not the 75 kills part, its the fact that the amount of deaths in this game per player is way up to previous games.

just running around spraying a burst and killing someone is not fun at all. Do that shit in BF3 and see what happens. better yet, go prone as you are shooting and see what happens.

Well it's obviously fun for those people. If they want to spray, go prone a lot (which is actually a very legitimate strategy and a way to surprise people), well that's just their way of having fun and there's nothing wrong with that.

RoylAsult

Well it's obviously fun for those people. If they want to spray, go prone a lot (which is actually a very legitimate strategy and a way to surprise people), well that's just their way of having fun and there's nothing wrong with that.

its more or less taking advantage of the problems in the game.

I don't want to call you a liar, but from my point of view, your pants are ablaze.

"Everyone" does those things? Please.

Here's the more realistic scenario. You get killed by people who do the pronedrop, and akimbo spray-n-prays (because you fall prey to cheap tricks like that too easily due to inexperience), and have become fixated on it. So now from your point of view, "everyone" does it, because the only time you pay attention to when you die, is when someone killed you in one of those two ways. You're ignoring everything else. Confirmation bias.

If anything, I've been impressed with the variety I've seen in MW3 in terms of how people play online. Sure you get your noobtubers and StrikerSpammers, but overall people gravitate towards weapons and styles that suit them, and people have very different tastes. So far I've not seen a single style/setup dominate (not since they nerfed Strikers anyway).

The next time you play, take note of the gun that killed you in the Killcam, and how they did it, for *every* kill. I guarantee you, your viewpoint will change.

Definitely. I haven't played since December because of this.
Shouldn't have bought that damn Elite subscription :(

I guess we now know this image is infact a super close up of the QuadRotor.

No mechs.....Damn, i am so disappoint.
Ehh....Halo 4 is on my November list, Black Ops 2 ill pick up much later.

Looking at the above screenshot, its makes me believe Black Ops 2 is gonna be in more distant than MW3 future.

Call of duty:A bit more Modern Warfare.

+Aliken+

I really love it how people who don't give a fuck have the urgency to post in the thread... it just shows that they actually give a fuck.

rCIZZLE

I actually feel the maps are a huge improvement when you consider what they did to please the camp-complainers. Almost any potential camp spot you can think of has 2-3 entrances and is easily bombarded with grenades, flashes, etc.

In games with smaller maps you're always going to run into spawn issues. At least it's not Halo though and the predictable spawns in each map that even get abused in high level play without bungie doing anything.

My biggest problem with the entire series, and really most shooters now, is how easy it is to get melee kills. COD, Halo, BF, Gears, Socom, etc are all also guilty of this. Long are the days of UT and CS where a melee kill was a gentleman's slap instead of now where most close quarters battles either end in a melee or someone being shot while going for a melee.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I would love if they add some action elements ino the game. It's too slow-paced.

Top Bottom