• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Closer the biggest duet of all time?

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
5 minutes ago I had never heard this song. Now that I have there are three conclusions that I've come to:
1) I'm in my late 30's, and to a millennial that probably qualifies me as a senior.
2) That song is the one of the most millennial pieces of millennial garbage that only a millennial could love. Millennial.
3) Closer is definitely not the biggest duet of all time.

These are my thoughts exactly

Under pressure, Queen + David Bowie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoDh_gHDvkk

Ironically it was never performed live by the two of them together due to time pressures, with Taylor singing the Bowie parts when Queen performed it. Bowie sang it live only after Freddy Mercury died, with Gail Ann Dorsey singing Mercury's parts.

The song was created when the two (Queen + Bowie) got together at a jam session in Switzerland. The amount of drugs consumed and sex performed must have been insane.

NinjaBoiX

I love how much Closer sets GAF off, every damn time
It's just a really poor piece of music. The melody is dull and unimaginative, the lyrics are trite and badly written and the production is dated and incredibly corny.

It's a bad song (not because it's cool to dislike a big pop hit, but because it's genuinely awful) and it baffles me how it was such a smash.

Nepenthe

Roses is a better song anyway

Roses is a little embarrassing with the "WHAT?!" ad-lib in the background, like they're trying desperately to convince people it's an actual banger or something.

Most tolerable single of theirs at this point is that recent Coldplay song, which is saying something.

JeTmAn81

I listened to the song. It's fatuous. They lost me at the Blink-182 reference.

Edit: It's in my brain now. Get it out. GET IT OUT

Why does everything have to be 'ever' or 'alltime'?! I get youth culture lives off discovering old shit as if it is new and thinking it is the centre of the universe, but even so...

Top Bottom