• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WiiWare hitting Amazon

bumpkin

CoilShot said:
So is it safe to assume PSN is next?
I'd rather Sony direct its efforts towards getting some new PSOne Classics on the NA network over making it possible to buy stuff via Amazon. It totally blows that other regions have games like RE1-3 and FFVII, and we're still stuck with more or less what the service launched with.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Can Canadians buy these codes? I don't want to because of the exchange rate and the 2000 points card is on Amazon.ca for $18.99 CAD but it would be nice to know.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
dyls said:
2. Not having to deal with having 900 points and wanting a 1000 point game and being forced to buy an extra 900 points.
I'm starting to think I'm the only gamer on the face of the planet who doesn't MIND buying Wii points in groups of $10 or $20... I know I'll use them all in the near future, so having "extra" points never bothered me.

Somnid

I didn't understand what the point was in the XBLA thread and I still don't. If you can buy things on Amazon you can buy things on the Wii Shop Channel. It doesn't make it more accessible, it's just a very small way to advertise outside of the Wii Console by making use of Amazon searches.

Struct09

Somnid said:
I didn't understand what the point was in the XBLA thread and I still don't. If you can buy things on Amazon you can buy things on the Wii Shop Channel. It doesn't make it more accessible, it's just a very small way to advertise outside of the Wii Console by making use of Amazon searches.

You don't have to buy space points, and Amazon has already put XBLA titles on sale. The whole thing has already been justified.

dyls

Somnid said:

A banner on the front of the Amazon videogames home page is certainly better than the other advertising for Wiiware/VC, which has so far been precisely dick. In any case, how can having more visibility and purchasing options ever be a bad thing?

Agent X

SovanJedi said:
World of Goo is a simply brilliant game, so I'm glad they are doing this for the game. More people need to play it!

I agree. If you're going to pick one game to introduce the availability of WiiWare games for purchase from Amazon, then World of Goo is a mighty fine choice as a debut title.

Top Bottom