• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

antitrop

What's the status of playability for an English speaker these days? I know there have been translation patches, any good?

I downloaded this last year when it first came out just to see what it was like.

What's the status of playability for an English speaker these days? I know there have been translation patches, any good?

I downloaded this last year when it first came out just to see what it was like.

Once you learn copy and paste of japanese kanji for items, there really isn't anything you can't do. Some of the items require a bit of research, but besides that, the quests and everything else are translated.

antitrop

My last question:

Is this better than Phantasy Star Online? If I skipped high school classes to play that, I would love this, ya?

My last question:

Is this better than Phantasy Star Online? If I skipped high school classes to play that, I would love this, ya?

Absolutely and unequivocally...

And I agree. The Kanji SUCKS (captcha). Try finding the keyboard that is literally a keyboard.

I know when I was trying to cash in webmoney for AC the captcha they gave me had a backslash and a number in it.

You could try refreshing until they give you some easy ones.

Alright, why not. May as well try it fo realz.

PSO was my jam back in the day, I'm already getting nerd chills.

I've never had previous experiences with being on a "team" like one of the other PC releases, but it is very nice for finding people to do quests.

This game still won't drop you anything good, if you're like me. I still haven't accepted it yet.

Blueblur1

New (and old) GAF Team members, it would be great if you tried doing team orders. You can take them from the npc on the right of the class npc.
There's one for every difficulty and like dr said, this week's ones are extremely easy.
If no one does them, we won't be able to upgrade our photon tree and it gives pretty nice boosts (including drop rate up) on higher levels, so!
I'll try to get some done.

Ferr986

I would say its... different. It feels like a mixture of PSO and PSU.

Combat is the best on the series. Bosses are awesome. Maps arent as focused as PSO, being random generated.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ah cool. Well it's Woody and Starbell.
Are you online NOW?

Edit:
Ok, seems like the answer is "no".

Important thing for people sharing their character details:
There are 3 "nicknames" in the game:
SEGA ID - you use this to log in into the game. Don't share this.
Player name - you select when you log into the game for the first time iirc, post THIS. Multiple same player names are NOT possible.
Character name - name of your character, post this as well. Multiple same character names ARE possible.

Don't post 1 because no one can use it (outside of hackers, lol) and don't just post your character name, because when search spits out 3 people with the same character name I really don't know which one is you. Best way is to post the player name for easy search in order to whisper to you and character name to know who to search for visually when inviting.

CrovaxPSO

I'll be online for a little while if anyone is around to invite me to the team. My player name is CrovaxPSO and my character name is Corellia.

2x Lucky Rise I + Rare droprate up, from Deband Drink + 250% rare boost = Nothing at Kin Elder.

This, for 28 minutes at Desert EM. Not a single rare drop. Not even crappy ones.

I'm a bit mad at the moment for this, a guy hitting Mr. Umbla because he thought it was funny to ruin the code for everyone, and people failing all the time Avoid codes. Not only that, but Umbla insta-hit me in the first seconds after he appeared.

About Team Orders, Katargots have 100% drop rate, so you can rush Katargot Extermination 3 times, with NPC's, to clear it. I have to remember you can collect 3000 TP weekly. Tomorrow I will max my contribution.

About new team members, try to whisper us. Everytime I come to gaf, I read someone wanting an invite during the time I was playing. Lot of times I relog just to try to contact people, but they are already offline by then.

This, for 28 minutes at Desert EM. Not a single rare drop. Not even crappy ones.

I'm a bit mad at the moment for this, a guy hitting Mr. Umbla because he thought it was funny to ruin the code for everyone, and people failing all the time Avoid codes. Not only that, but Umbla insta-hit me in the first seconds after he appeared.

About Team Orders, Katargots have 100% drop rate, so you can rush Katargot Extermination 3 times, with NPC's, to clear it. I have to remember you can collect 3000 TP weekly. Tomorrow I will max my contribution.

About new team members, try to whisper us. Everytime I come to gaf, I read someone wanting an invite during the time I was playing. Lot of times I relog just to try to contact people, but they are already offline by then.

Honestly, I get more upset about the drops you think are good, until you pay money to identify them.

I may have broken my bad luck last night. Fought some clones. Thought I got a weapon, but it turned out to be the armor with the red fog instead.

Absolutely not what I wanted, but I'm wearing it anyway.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I should be able to invite new members for the next few hours, but it would be great if you contacted me via twitter or this thread.

Blueblur1

So is there going to be a third Dark Falz form? I fought the two forms yesterday (which was awesome! But I wish you fought him at the end of a stage like in PSO) and it was made clear to me that he isn't finished.

Coxy

So is there going to be a third Dark Falz form? I fought the two forms yesterday (which was awesome! But I wish you fought him at the end of a stage like in PSO) and it was made clear to me that he isn't finished.

there are at least 6 Dark Forces in PSO2, with the profound darkness after that and the episode 2 trailer hinted that the great light will be the ultimate boss

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
there are at least 6 Dark Forces in PSO2, with the profound darkness after that and the episode 2 trailer hinted that the great light will be the ultimate boss
Trailer for episode 2? Where?

I'm assuming we'll see Falz variants of 'Apprentice,' 'Double,' and 'Persona' in upcoming updates. Very interested to see how this will all escalate.

Done.

Keii, there is any way to reclute people without having to move to the same block?

Right now, I wishper them by Visiphone, move to the same place, and then invite.

Bought the 9* weist rod, traded it to the shop for the good version, unlocked and then grinded to 10 plus added range soul for 210k.

To top it off, I was abducted.

Very eventful day

I started playing again after quitting around the time Mines came out and rerolled on Ship 2. How should I be feeding my mag? All the guides just say "feed it whatever you need to equip endgame weapons", except I don't know what endgame weapons much less which one I want.

I really enjoyed playing as Techer so I'm probably going to go down that route again when the time comes. I guess I'll subclass to either Force or Hunter?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I started playing again after quitting around the time Mines came out and rerolled on Ship 2. How should I be feeding my mag? All the guides just say "feed it whatever you need to equip endgame weapons", except I don't know what endgame weapons much less which one I want.

I really enjoyed playing as Techer so I'm probably going to go down that route again when the time comes. I guess I'll subclass to either Force or Hunter?
Find out your base stats for your gender/race/class and then do the math for what you want to be able to equip/do with your character. If you want to put some more effort into it you should also take into consideration the trigger actions you get from evolutions and an endgame Photo Blast.

You can find base stats and an equipment list over at Cirnopedia.

Find out your base stats for your gender/race/class and then do the math for what you want to be able to equip/do with your character. If you want to put some more effort into it you should also take into consideration the trigger actions you get from evolutions and an endgame Photo Blast.

That's the thing though... I don't know what I want to equip because that kind of shit is faaar in the back of my mind at this point in the game. Plus with the constantly changing nature of the game I don't want to invest in something only to find that it's become otuclassed or otherwise no longer useful by the new endgame.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Done.

Keii, there is any way to reclute people without having to move to the same block?

Right now, I wishper them by Visiphone, move to the same place, and then invite.
None that I know of - you need to be in the same block and the only way you can make the whole thing easier is choosing the character name from the "players near you" list.

With subclasses you don't really have to worry about the stat requirements as much as before. And the endgame weapons basically require the same thing that the other ones anyway - the main attack stat of your class. I wrote what I did a few posts earlier, you can check that I guess.

Photon blasts and actions aren't a problem anymore, since you can buy all of them for excubes now (Photon Blasts being really expensive, but oh well).

New (and old) GAF Team members, it would be great if you tried doing team orders. You can take them from the npc on the right of the class npc.
There's one for every difficulty and like dr said, this week's ones are extremely easy.
If no one does them, we won't be able to upgrade our photon tree and it gives pretty nice boosts (including drop rate up) on higher levels, so!

If recall correctly, last time we tried this, everyone gave up and let the tree die. Hell, I remember when it died because I was going to use it for exp boost lol

Wonko_C

Does using the tree's boosts depletes it? I haven't touched it for fear of possibly slowing down its growth.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Well, you learn something new everyday. So, who keeps reviving it?

Edit: Wait, oh yeah, using it did deplete it's water. It's been a while since I've been on that I forgot.
We've decided not to use it now to not deplete the water and gather points to upgrade it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Since double saber is much better for bosses than knuckles, I caved and bought myself a sab... stick.
iI7PJDo8MCETh.png
Also, my 55 fighter is 10k away from 56, so that I can start leveling asap when the new lv cap hits.

In other news, we have quite a lot (6+) active members during weekend evenings! Seems like Team Gaf is back in the game.

Top Bottom