• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

So if the rumoured titles end up being part of the 100+ launch games, then we may very well know very close to all 100+ titles? Of all those games, there aren't a lot I was hoping for :(

Listonosh

The shitty thing about this title, is that it's totally fitting for me. I had a huge collection of 360 games literally up to two weeks before the backwards compatibility was announced. I held on to them for so long, thinking I'll either play my 360 again, or by some miracle they'd work on Xbox One. I gave up hope and ended up selling them all, and then what do you know... it gets announced.

The shitty thing about this title, is that it's totally fitting for me. I had a huge collection of 360 games literally up to two weeks before the backwards compatibility was announced. I held on to them for so long, thinking I'll either play my 360 again, or by some miracle they'd work on Xbox One. I gave up hope and ended up selling them all, and then what do you know... it gets announced.

Ya, I know, title was just a joke really :p.

I personally have used it quite often...been running through Borderlands again, and have also taken the time to finally try and beat Battleblock Theater

Listonosh

Ya, I know, title was just a joke really :p.

I personally have used it quite often...been running through Borderlands again, and have also taken the time to finally try and beat Battleblock Theater

Haha yea I definitely understood it as a joke, but boy was I salty after selling my collection. What's really going to sting is if a majority of the games I had are actually backwards compatible when the official list goes up.

Somnia

I'm pretty sure Ybbara said XB360 games will not be on the XB1 store at launch of BC. You'll have to buy them from xbox.com or use physical copies.

I'm pretty sure it's on the list to add soon after launch, but something must have held it back who knows what.

Chris1

I'm like 99% sure RDR will be BC & Take Two were on the list of supported publishers.

Tho I assume Rockstar will get special treatment and have more say in whether it goes BC or not so it may not be completely on TTWO to give permission.

im_dany

Mass Effect is already BC, I don't see why ME2 & 3 wouldn't be. I'd consider those relatively safe purchases for BC eligibility

First Mass Effect is MS Studios though, ME2&3 are EA. If they don't announce a remaster trilogy on N7 day (hopefully they don't as I just bought every DLC) we can expect them as soon as MS fixes the 2-discs issue.

sangreal

First Mass Effect is MS Studios though, ME2&3 are EA. If they don't announce a remaster trilogy on N7 day (hopefully they don't as I just bought every DLC) we can expect them as soon as MS fixes the 2-discs issue.

While, ME is MS studios, they got permission from EA to make it BC anyway. Phil talked about it on some podcast but I can't remember which -- probably at e3

Hawk269

I know I am late with this...but what is up with the tread title?

I been testing BC since they started and I use it often, currently playing through Mass Effect and Borderlands and some of the smaller games. Once RDR, Halo Wars, Halo Reach and a few other titles are added my use will go up significantly.

I been testing BC since they started and I use it often, currently playing through Mass Effect and Borderlands and some of the smaller games. Once RDR, Halo Wars, Halo Reach and a few other titles are added my use will go up significantly.
It was just a silly joke. The thread used to have |OT| in it when it was in community and the title made a bit more sense...kind of like how all OTs have some "funny" saying. When it got moved here the OT was removed from the title so it looks a little sillier then before :p

EBreda

Since MS has said somethin akin to "every MS published game is eventually going to be compatible", I think it's safe to say we're missing a whole bunch of games from their publishing line.

All the PGRs and Forzas for instance. Not even rumoured?

Hugstable

Banned

Yeah I don't get it, I use backwards compatability features alot on all my other systems, sounds stupid to say that "no one uses it". I have a Nintendo Card Case 18 filled up with nothing but DS games and I've played through most of them, something I wouldn't have been able to do without Backwards Compatability since I missed the DS era a bit and didn't want to have to throw down money for a old DS. Same goes with my Wii U. Hell one of the big reasons why I'm getting an Xbox this holiday is the backwards compatability. I missed out on alot of the 360 gen (long story, but I got RROD 4 times in a row within 5 months, so I gave up on the system and sold it, never got back in). It would really give me a chance to play those games on Xbox 1, especially many that I missed like Gears 2 and 3 (I LOOOOOOVED 1 too and never played the sequels yet) Halo 3 and 4, Tales of Vesperia (I need to play this soooooo much) and others. It just sounds dumb to say "no one uses it"

It was a hyperbolic OT thread joke lol. I'll ask a mod to remove it if people are that sensitive about it.

Try and not let it distract you with actually talking about BC :p

Gorki247

I want NV, Kingdoms of Amalur, and or X-com Enemy Within...chances are that wont be happening.

Kingdoms of Amalur would be nice as I never got round to that one. Seems doubtful though due to possible licensing issues? Who owns that IP these days and who would have to sign off on it?

Eugy80uc

Neo Member
I'm like 99% sure RDR will be BC & Take Two were on the list of supported publishers.

Tho I assume Rockstar will get special treatment and have more say in whether it goes BC or not so it may not be completely on TTWO to give permission.

i hope!!!!!!!!

Justinh

I thought the title was funny.

I'm just curious to see the list when it's revealed, and whether or not there are any multidisc games.

I think if most of you would have read the threads when BC was originally announced then the joke of the title would make more sense.

A lot of posters expressed that exact sentiment.

RdN

I think if most of you would have read the threads when BC was originally announced then the joke of the title would make more sense.

A lot of posters expressed that exact sentiment.

A lot of those posters were not Xbox One owners, though.

Justinh

I wish they will add Too Human to the program. Is it possible legally?

I doubt it. Since they aren't even to legally sell the game, I don't think they have the right for it to be playable on different systems.
I'm no lawyer, though.

I just redownloaded the demo not long ago. I'm kinda torn, my copy was stolen in a break-in and I'm not sure I miss it...

gossi

The thread title is hilarious (and quite frankly a little true - I've not seen many people actually playing BC titles).

Alx

I also think there is some truth to the title. I appreciated each console that had BC, but for each of those I only played my older games a few times before switching permanently to games from the new generation.
Although the fact that I own many digital 360 games could make it easier to go back from time to time...

Hawk269

I wish they will add Too Human to the program. Is it possible legally?

I liked that game a lot. There was a lot of plans for DLC for it that never happened due to all the issues, but the base game itself was really good. Took a while to get use to it, but once I did I was having a blast with it.

really hoping they add XCOM Enemy Within. Bought it a few months ago during a sale and would rather not have to hook up my 360 to play.

JaggedSac

I also think there is some truth to the title. I appreciated each console that had BC, but for each of those I only played my older games a few times before switching permanently to games from the new generation.
Although the fact that I own many digital 360 games could make it easier to go back from time to time...

The fact that they are digital makes all the difference for me. I can browse my list of games on one console. I will also more likely purchase them when they are having deep sales too, heck I have already done that for many titles in the hope that they become BC, lol.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Perhaps because there are only about 5 titles that aren't garbage right now?

I'm waiting for the 360 games to be bc that I grabbed along the launch of the Xbox One and that I got through GamesWithGold and hadn't time yet to finish or even start.
So, I'll be using it a lot for those games that I've missed playing back then and not so much for those that I've already played through.

Top Bottom