• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 8, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Enforced

I hope this season is improved like fear the walking dead season 3. I was kinda disappointed on Season 7. But I'm still excited for this one.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Thanks for the thread.

I'm in. Last season had its highs and lows, but I'm still having fun with the series. This is good timing cause The Deuce only has 2 more episodes this season. Frees up my Sunday night watching a little

Can’t wait to get back to this dumb show again. I have many issues with it but I will definitely be enjoying myself.

I wish Fear the Walking Dead was on Netflix. Only saw the first season and my Directv only has the latest episodes for streaming.

I'm hesitantly in. The middle of last season became a chore to watch, and it was the first time through the entire series that I missed back to back episodes regularly. I just read the episode summaries to keep up. I hope fixed some of the pacing issues and lower the plot armor on certain characters this time. A full blown war should help.

Kadin

Damn this show is still going on?
image.php

My main hope is that the Junkyard People go the way of Gareth and all die by like episode 3. Jadis and co was the worst addition in a bad season

AudioEppa

I love this series. But please, Don’t suck like last season. Yes there was a few episodes I enjoyed along with some individual moments, but still. That shit was painful as a fan. Fear season 3 shit on them with ease.

SDCowboy

I love this series. But please, Don’t suck like last season. Yes there was a few episodes I enjoyed along with some individual moments, but still. That shit was painful as a fan. Fear season 3 shit on them with ease.

The second half of last season was particularly bad.

Syf

Banned
Last season was so frustrating to watch until the last 15 mins. I just want Rick & co. to kick butt all season long.

I really think the show needs the (comic spoiler from around the time the show is at now)
big two year time jumpto rebalance a lot of its problems. It has good characters, but they are stuck doing not good things!

I find it hard to get back into this show again, hoping that they take more liberal directions. Some of the best episodes of the show were when they took liberty, like with Carol's amazing flower episode.

I find it hard to get back into this show again, hoping that they take more liberal directions. Some of the best episodes of the show were when they took liberty, like with Carol's amazing flower episode.

Yeah. This show is weird. A "best of" collection could easily be filled with an amazing 10 episodes, but the moment to moment stuff is sorely lacking.

RangerX

Banned
I hope they try and shake up the formula a bit this season. Its become very stale. Give them some kind of goal beyond just "staying alive".

So I turned on AMC tonight in time to see Shane die and for them to lose the farm, and there is so much shit I'd forgotten about. Lots of characters who have died, but also just how long they spent on that damn farm doing nothing.

Also it is kind of amazing how clean everyone looks compared to now.

Edit: I'd forgotten how racist it was. The only black guy is named T-Dog? C'mon.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
theres a tiger on that banner...

Van Bur3n

Part of me wants to give up on this show already. These past few seasons have been mostly filler with a side of stupid shit, two or three good episodes (that most of the time just so happen to be the premiere, mid-season, and finale, what a shocker), or just down right stupid shit. The last season was mostly the latter with even the likes of the finale being dog shit. Those trash people nearly broke the camel's back for me.

But goddamn it, I have to keep watching in hopes that it gets good at some point.

Grisby

e8fmx.jpg

I'm still in. I like zombies and it's around Halloween. I think the show has definitely dipped though for sure.

Surfinn

First time I've been thoroughly unexcited for TWD. But I'm always in it for the hope that things will get back on track.

Here's to less filler more substance!

Kadin

No joke: Fear got REALLY good. Like, better than TWD Season 7 good. (Not like its that hard to do, but still.)
I was contemplating getting back to it after I gave up early into season two. And then a good buddy of mine who isn't nearly as pick as I am told me him and his wife gave up during this current season. I just don't know...

Fanuilos

I'm in for at least the first episode. I hope they eventually decide to cut down the episode count per season. 16 episodes is just too much air time for the stories they're telling. They'll never do it though.

No joke: Fear got REALLY good. Like, better than TWD Season 7 good. (Not like its that hard to do, but still.)
Seriously. I dropped Fear after Season 1, but my dad and brother had been watching and they really enjoyed the latest season. Saying it topped TWD Season 7 by a large margin. I might actually go back and watch it

Boss X

Banned
I'm in for at least the first episode. I hope they eventually decide to cut down the episode count per season. 16 episodes is just too much air time for the stories they're telling. They'll never do it though.

Agreed *stares at a leaf for 3 minutes, cuts to commercial*

Top Bottom