• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley’s $400 Juicer May Be Feeling the Squeeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixzlizx

Show me some receipts on this please.

Also, if they made this $100 to $150 and sliced the prices of the packs in half I'd actually buy one.

I love fresh juice, but making it is a PITA with cleaning the machine and all.. and buying it as at a juice bar makes me feel like a douche hipster and costs too much.

You wouldn't even need the machine. Just squeeze the packet out into your mouth like a Capri-Sun.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
You wouldn't even need the machine. Just squeeze the packet out into your mouth like a Capri-Sun.

If the machine was cheap enough, the convenience would make it worthwhile. But fuck the DRM stuff, go ahead and scan it, tell me if it's outdated, but let me override that shit at my own peril.

sarcastor

the best part is when you order the packets, they're shipped to you cold. in a giant box. with styrofoam or something.

AD8NQ6r.jpg

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
How else would they do it an keep them cold? You ever order Blue Apron or the like? It comes with a shitload of ice packs... which come in handy.. the first few times.

teiresias

Which tech journalists are these? I'd never heard of this until the OP and ever since I've only heard mockery and ridicule. Not sure about the buzz before that though.

It was some of the guests on one of the TWiT shows. I can't remember who now, I just remember being flabbergasted at it because it really just sounded like they wanted to say something to prop up a start up. It was really the only discussion I heard about the thing outside what I've read here on GAF, so I won't attribute their viewpoint to the entire tech journalist field.

Cowlick

Banned
the best part is when you order the packets, they're shipped to you cold. in a giant box. with styrofoam or something.

AD8NQ6r.jpg

What.

Why would anyone need them shipped cold? I mean, put them in the fridge when they arrive. Or put ice in your glass. Or use those cold rock things, lest anyone shudder at the thought of extra water permeating that premium pre-packaged juice slush.

Call it a customer-driven deconstructed chilling process, Silicon Valley. I dare you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom