• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

MattAces

https://uploadvr.com/bethesda-launch-dates-fallout-skyrim-doom-vr/

Too bad fucking uploadVR never reference the original source. That or they are just speculating, HTC twitter just posted Fallout 4 VR launching exclusively on Vive (Most likely timed like Skyrim?)

-Skyrim VR: November 17th for PSVR
-DOOM VFR: December 1st for PSVR and HTC Vive
-Fallout 4 VR: December 12th for HTC Vive

Original source: https://bethesda.net/en/article/1zLHPywhhKwOWeOag8g8AY/welcome-to-quakecon-2017-video-and-news

Edit: They updated their article, they will reach out to bethesda to ask about it.
Classic UploadVR, a bunch of unprofessional journalists that never source official information and speculate without any clarification.

Battlezone is part of the PS Blog 10th anniversary 33% off sale (with this code at checkout: ELR6CKF4P9 )

Too bad I own almost every other game on the list.

https://uploadvr.com/bethesda-launch-dates-fallout-skyrim-doom-vr/

I think we just got a confirmation on Fallout 4 PSVR.
Too bad fucking uploadVR never reference the original source. That or they are just speculating.
Please remember this is Bethesda we're talking about. I wasn't kidding all the times I've said they aren't promoting Fallout VR too heavily because they want everyone to buy GOTY edition first, and HTC Vive can get the game first while they continue optimizing and figuring out the systems for console VR (since they are more advanced than Skyrim).

Does anyone know why some psvr games doesn't play nice with the buttkicker?
Some games low frequency like the drive club or Dirt Rally doesn't register in game. Thumper and RIGS and others are awesome.

Quoting this in the hope of an answer if there is one.
The random blackouts on the headset device whilst playing on PSVR are damn annoying.

You can disable HDCP which improves matters but means you can't run Netflix etc. Personally I always reboot the PS4 before playing vr and then switch the PSVR on then off again (starting the PSVR first time around causes my TV to go to a black screen for several seconds) - when you start it up the second time the TV stays on and I rarely get a black screen issue in VR (and the is with HDCP still enabled).

The... The what?

I purchased and mounted a buttkicker onto my Home theater seating it's a great gimmick for viewing movies and playing games. Just think of it as "rumble" for your couch.

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/lfe-kit
110174.jpg

This is an extreme example of the Buttkicker volume all the way up, but it is just like sitting on a dualshock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ady5fjbbMgI

Just tried farpoint and it doesn't rumble either.

Just think of explosions, gunshots, brutal fighting ect... You feel all of that through your couch.

Quoting this in the hope of an answer if there is one.
The random blackouts on the headset device whilst playing on PSVR are damn annoying.
I used to have the same issue but then I bought two new HDMI cables from Amazon (Amazon basic brand) and swapped out the ones that came with the PS4 And the PSVR. That fixed the video and audio cutouts completely for me.

JUST played the game last night after getting my shipment and it also works for my great like 95% of the time.

Yeah, I hadn't heard of any issues prior to getting mine, so they're pretty rare.

I've tried a bunch of reported fixes for it, but none have worked so far. Still have a few more to try though. Weird that it only impacts Farpoint so far though. That suggests it's not hardware/PSVR related...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0SmXoyqw4
PixelJunk VR Dead Hungry – Announce Trailer | PS VR

Oh what the fuck, this is the food game.
ScreenShot_02-1-853x480.png
Awesome. Love Pixel Junk games!

MattAces

Yeah, I hadn't heard of any issues prior to getting mine, so they're pretty rare.

I've tried a bunch of reported fixes for it, but none have worked so far. Still have a few more to try though. Weird that it only impacts Farpoint so far though. That suggests it's not hardware/PSVR related...

Awesome. Love Pixel Junk games!

Shit that looks crazy! I want it!

Wow the response between GAF and reddit is SO different.
Every single comments in reddit so far is PURE negative and hate it, while GAF seems to love it.
I'm so freaking excited for this, always wanted more Job Simulator-like games and finally we are getting food prep game.
Told my sister about it and she's super excited for it too.

I'll tell you what me and my girlfriend love these types of games, she loved the cooking level in Job Simulator so this is right up her alley.

Screw reddit and their fuck up comments section. lol

TinyTrax or Archangel?

Completely different games, I know - just want gut reactions for those who played both :)

Tiny Trax is really good and very challenging. It's basically Scalextric in VR but you have some control over the cars turning to try and keep up the speed of the car. Very fun to play but hard to master. Not expensive either.

I've not played Archangel yet but hear it's a good on rails shooter with nice graphics but is priced much higher too.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Playing FarPoint in a swivel bar stool under a fan at night just feels so so good. The tension gets pretty intense too.

ffvorax

Jumped on board yesterday. I bought eve Valkyrie- and regretting my purchase at the moment.

Do you have 2 moves?
If yes buy Batman and Rush of Blood.
If not
Buy Resident Evil 7 and Robinson (many will disagree, I liked it though...)

Also download the "demo disc" to find out what you could like (be aware the games are no Pro patched)

And download Playroom VR in any case, it's free and it's a lot of fun (you will need at least a friend to play it, only one game inside to play alone)

Planet

I played Moss yesterday and had a nice chat with the devs. Sadly, somehow, Sony didn't include them in their public area setup, they themselves were told just a few weeks ago. They had to settle for a small booth in the business area, but the masses will never see them there sadly - which is a shame, because it is easily the best PSVR game on the floor IMHO. Before getting hands-on, I was tied between The Inpatient and Moss, but after trying both, the choice is quite clear.

The Inpatient is very rough, many graphical errors that clearly are not on purpose for disorientation effects. Textures and shadows popping in and out, stuff like that. The demo has bad pacing, letting you do almost nothing for 10 minutes - that will be fine at home, but on the show floor, it is a bad choice. I'm sure they will get that sorted out and the game will probably be extremely good in the end.

But Moss was a blast already. It is quite polished, and the graphical quality is on par with what the Inpatient will be when the rendering bugs are fixed. Resolution is quite pleasing on both (running on Pro). And the animations of Moss are excellent, making that little mouse very lifelike, controls are tight, everything felt just right. A video of my playthrough (sadly low quality with a small part of the screen cut off) is upcoming today - a more detailled preview (in German, you'll probably have to read it translated) will follow in the coming days.

EDIT: Moss off-screen complete demo walkthrough https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X72f4nqx0q8

Planet

It is basically everything people were asking for with "More of Robot Rescue from PlayRoom VR!": mixed simultaneous first and third person gameplay at its finest.

Planet

Any idea on what release timeframe they are aiming for besides 2017?
They still haven't finalized neither date nor price. But they are still on "Fall 2017" target, and the price will very probably end up at $30, with the euro price going a little below 30.

And it will be 2-3 hours long. They outright admitted you can either go for length or high production values to be profitable, and they clearly went for the latter, so much detail and polish!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
It is basically everything people were asking for with "More of Robot Rescue from PlayRoom VR!": mixed simultaneous first and third person gameplay at its finest.
Holy shit, I need this. :O
I'd easily pay full price($60) for a full-fledged Robot Rescue game. Freaking magic.

Top Bottom