• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors Gamescom Trailer

Sandfox

this is fates-centric trailer, so no. shadow dragon casts reveal probably in 1-2 weeks
they really need to speed up with the reveal tho. only 1 month left before jp release, unless they want some of it to be secret >.>

With Hyrule Warriors they had a Direct a week prior to release revealing stuff.

Yep, it's Fire Emblem alright and I'm perfectly fine with it. The voices for Hinoka & Camilla do sound slightly higher pitched but hopefully those are placeholders for the trailer and not the actual in-game ones. Can always use the Japanese dub if need be while playing as well.

I just want my NA release date please...

DxD

Banned
Wow, Camilla sounds way too young and childish. I honestly thought it was Elise's voice at first.

Even in the mobile game with its bad sound quality, she sounds like an experienced older female with that femme fatale vibe.
This one sounds childish and is trying to flirt for the first time...okay.

Yep, it's Fire Emblem alright and I'm perfectly fine with it. The voices for Hinoka & Camilla do sound slightly higher pitched but hopefully those are placeholders for the trailer and not the actual in-game ones.

I just want my NA release date please...

At least if its later than EU we can import it in english.

L95

I'm super lenient on voice acting quality, but wow a lot of the English VA sounds really bad...?

Glad they revealed all the Fates royals at once, since they were all shoo-ins (rip Sakura and Elise..? I like Elise.... alas....)

I'm super lenient on voice acting quality, but wow a lot of the English VA sounds really bad...?

Glad they revealed all the Fates royals at once, since they were all shoo-ins (rip Sakura and Elise..? I like Elise.... alas....)
Hope not. Elise was the only Fates sibling I liked.

Probably means text language? Haven't seen the EU trailer so can't say for sure.

EDIT: Oh it specifically says voice-over, damn. Unless US version is different might be a pass then..
yup
5af97ab2f31870401ba5fc1d33935242.png

This is really bad.

Idk whats happening with nintendo and fire emblem voice acting, Awakenings voice acting was decent and then its worse in Fates, then shadow of valentia is actually pretty good and now we got this

Kudo

yup
5af97ab2f31870401ba5fc1d33935242.png

This is really bad.

Nintendo representatives on hand also say that in the final game, you’ll be able to choose between full English or the Japanese audio.
From earlier news, so I guess US version will be the one to get here then, kind of well uh.. weird thing to do but I guess the game will be dubbed to other European languages and they run out of space or something?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
This game looks great and the demo I aged had some very nice touches
Great to see more weapon type confirmed by the trailer

Not so happy about the date considering how close to Mario it is

Idk whats happening with nintendo and fire emblem voice acting, Awakenings voice acting was decent and then its worse in Fates, then shadow of valentia is actually pretty good and now we got this
Fates wasn't that bad. It was like two three characters that were off. The cutscenes sound find from what I recall.

Although is this Nintendo or KT? I don't know who is actually localizing this one. Does KT do it themselves? Is treehouse?

From earlier news, so I guess US version will be the one to get here then, kind of well uh.. weird thing to do but I guess the game will be dubbed to other European languages and they run out of space or something?

Japan Expo Nintendo representatives are not really trustable, they said with Hyrule warriors in 2014 that the game will have a coop online mode...but it's not the case lol.

Japan Expo Nintendo representatives are not really trustable, they said with Hyrule warriors in 2014 that the game will have a coop online mode...but it's not the case lol.
Seeing how the past couple fire emblem games have been dub only im gonna assume it's the same with this game as well

Kudo

Seeing how the past couple fire emblem games have been dub only im gonna assume it's the same with this game as well

Tokyo Mirage Sessions was Japanese-only too though.
Hopefully they'll make the right choice and give us dual audio, they surprised us with Zelda so here's hoping they continue the trend here.

Mephala

That is literally just a bit of screen time and mishmash of voice clips from different characters. It is completely irrational how it makes me excited for the game. Fuck

Tokyo Mirage Sessions was Japanese-only too though.
Hopefully they'll make the right choice and give us dual audio, they surprised us with Zelda so here's hoping they continue the trend here.

TMS was sub only because they expected so few sales out of it that they didn't think it was worth dubbing.

That's not really something to aspire to for any series.

-shadow-

Could be they'll also skip other PAL languages entirely, wouldn't be the first time. I just need to know own if Japanese will be supported or not. We now have conflicting news. I don't.mind the English perse, but I don't want to lose options when it makes its way towards Europe.

Kudo

Could be they'll also skip other PAL languages entirely, wouldn't be the first time. I just need to know own if Japanese will be supported or not. We now have conflicting news. I don't.mind the English perse, but I don't want to lose options when it makes its way towards Europe.

Yeah, It's day 1 for me from the region that has dual audio, if not I don't really mind passing and waiting to see if they ever add the voices via patch.

TMS was sub only because they expected so few sales out of it that they didn't think it was worth dubbing.

Makes sense, but if they had working build already with dual audio can't see why'd they drop it now before release.

plufim

Same month as Mario? Uh... ok then nintendo. Seems real odd too, seemed this and xeno2 would get the free months of either November or December.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!

8-4 did Awakenings and Valentia, that's why it's good.

The release date is a week before Odyssey and Nights of Azure. I can see this eating into Nights of Azure 2 sales on Switch, which ironically is published by Koei Tecmo, Nintendo's partner for FE Warriors.

I thought dual language was confirmed? Says in the EU trailer there's only English :(

I don't think it has been, since the eShop listing a while ago and E3 there's always been this disclaimer that the game's voices will only be in English (at least on EUR material).

Evidently Nintendo is cheaping out on buying a larger capacity game card. I'd be fine with that so long as they provided options to avoid this -- i.e. game being multi-text language but single voice language (unlikely since Japanese release is September), or a downloadable voice pack on the eShop.

Waji

I don't understand why people have a problem with the VA when it seemed as bad in XenobladeX, yet everybody was happy.

Well...

I don't understand why people have a problem with the VA when it seemed as bad in XenobladeX, yet everybody was happy.

Well...

"Everybody was happy" is not how I'd describe Xenoblade X, but the people who had things to dislike about that game had other more pressing niggles to address, like the unreadably small font and the shift in focus, at least early on, from the character driven story of the first.

Shiggy

It says "English voice-overs only", so that doesn't look to be the case.

Waji

"Everybody was happy" is not how I'd describe Xenoblade X, but the people who had things to dislike about that game had other more pressing niggles to address, like the unreadably small font and the shift in focus, at least early on, from the character driven story of the first.
I'm talking about voices only : /.
Or if you prefer "people didn't have a problem with it".

I'm talking about voices only : /.
Or if you prefer "people didn't have a problem with it".

Yeah, and it was bad, but the people that would have been complaining about it had other worse things to complain about, which is probably why you wouldn't notice as many voice acting complaints.

Waji

Yeah, and it was bad, but the people that would have been complaining about it had other worse things to complain about, which is probably why you wouldn't notice as many voice acting complaints.
Well I'm pretty sure there are other things to complain about with this FE warriors too lol...
The roster for starters I guess.

I'm personaly not complaining about anything since I import games when I need their original version anyway. Happy I learned Japanese seeing how it's getting worse and worse.

Neiteio

Something about this just feels so incredibly bland to me. I think this will be the first major Nintendo IP title that I skip on Switch.

Top Bottom