• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

In Bounty Hunt it's not so much carrying as no one else giving a damn about the objective. It's not as if they're trying and you're just remarkably better at it than they are, they just literally do not care.

That's how I get wins like 5000-100 in Bounty Hunt. It's not uncommon that the entire enemy team isn't interested in killing AI.

In Bounty Hunt it's not so much carrying as no one else giving a damn about the objective. It's not as if they're trying and you're just remarkably better at it than they are, they just literally do not care.

That's how I get wins like 5000-100 in Bounty Hunt. It's not uncommon that the entire enemy team isn't interested in killing AI.

Definitely true. People I think also get trained to kill humans and focus on that because they dont want to be caught with their pants down

it feels better in attrition

Allforce

How do those Mountain Dew 2XP codes work in the 2nd OP post? Do you have to activate them in-game?

I put in the code 10 times last night as the instructions said and I see I have 10 2XP credits but not sure how they're being used. I played a game or two and didn't notice any difference in my XP (I may just suck though, I was in last place on Attrition)

krazen

How do those Mountain Dew 2XP codes work in the 2nd OP post? Do you have to activate them in-game?

I put in the code 10 times last night as the instructions said and I see I have 10 2XP credits but not sure how they're being used. I played a game or two and didn't notice any difference in my XP (I may just suck though, I was in last place on Attrition)

Gotta activate em during the dropship animation when a game starts

Press "Enter" on your keyboard in the match's countdown

Edit: Beaten

SwolBro

Banned
That's a carry? This just happened
lCop8sE.png

Wanted to see what my performance would be going amped+hemlok after a long time.
Amped needs to be turned up again, higher percentage and it shouldn't stack. It turns any gun into a monster weapon. Hemlok at this point is a complete joke.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Wanted to see what my performance would be going amped+hemlok after a long time.
Amped needs to be turned up again, higher percentage and it shouldn't stack. It turns any gun into a monster weapon. Hemlok at this point is a complete joke.

Are the balance issues really terrible?

EL CUCO

If there's one thing you will learn in this OT, it's take SwolBro with a grain of salt. He has his reasons, but it's not as bad as he makes it out to be.

The balance in this game is leagues above Destiny.

gfxtwin

This is the first online game I've played in a while. I join random rooms but almost everyone seems to have a mic. Is there a reason why I rarely hear anyone on mic when so many have them (even though it's happened a few times)?

Also I bumped the original OT by mistake BTW. my bad

Speaking of Destiny, I know the whole draw is pve and pvp being shared experiences but goddamn does that really ruin the pvp of that game. I still might be playing Destiny if the pvp was just normal.

EL CUCO

This is the first online game I've played in a while. I join random rooms but almost everyone seems to have a mic. Is there a reason why I rarely hear anyone on mic when so many have them (even though it's happened a few times)?
I'm on PS4 and since I have the PS camera hooked up (muted) it always shows like if I have a mic on, even though I'm not really on it.

Not sure what platform you're on tho.
Speaking of Destiny, I know the whole draw is pve and pvp being shared experiences but goddamn does that really ruin the pvp of that game. I still might be playing Destiny if the pvp was just normal.
I can't go back to fighting red bar warriors in 30fps/P2P. Bungie needs to really step it up for D2

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
If there's one thing you will learn in this OT, it's take SwolBro with a grain of salt. He has his reasons, but it's not as bad as he makes it out to be.

Got ya, and interesting about balance. I am getting burned out on PvP Destiny as it's just a shotty-fest.

Depends on platform and no.
Many issues people have are PvP exclusive it seems.

Thanks.

I
I can't go back to fighting red bar warriors in 30fps/P2P. Bungie needs to really step it up for D2

Though Destiny was 60fs. Is T2 60?

gfxtwin

Wow, really interesting how the reason is people just don't feel like chatting. I'm on PC BTW. I guess I missed out on the good ol days of trolling on mic, sharing jokes, inventing personas, talking smack but in spirit of camaraderie, etc. I know there are plenty of bigots and unredeemable assholes too, but figured they could be handled via coming up with put downs that are too clever for them to retort to. I tried getting into online gaming briefly several years ago, (Gears and Tekken during the PS3/360 gen) and got a taste of it and it seemed fun meeting a room of new people and talking some friendly noise. A thing of the past I guess.

gfxtwin

Another question: Is it true there's cross platform multiplayer? So if I have a friend who has a PS4 I can add him or invite/join his party via my PC version?

KodaRuss

Yep. I wish they would do this somehow or at least separate the balance between the two. PVP was a constant mess of OP weapons over and over.

Izuna

Banned
17:26 GMT (Saturday) London, 180 people playing Bounty Hunt (Christmas holidays for school)

Yeah, this game is about to die

17:26 GMT (Saturday) London, 180 people playing Bounty Hunt (Christmas holidays for school)

Yeah, this game is about to die

I'm going to grab a PS4 copy and a Brook adapter around christmas for this exact reason. Too small a playerbase on Xbox in Asia, it is usually sub 100 during the day while on PS4 it's usually 1000+.

Alx

So, Threat Scope on anything is kind of worthless, right? Even more lol that Northstar got this as an option. Everyone already glows, what's the point in this?

I find it very useful for Northstar, it can reveal hidden pilots far away hidden on rooftops or in buildings, and makes them easier to snipe out. You can also see through smoke with it.
For regular weapons it's not really worth using a slot Imo, I only equip it on hemlok because why not, it's not like it needs many enhancements. :p

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
That is a great execution. Ronin's is the best for Titans. Showed my brother in law the game last night and he freaked out when he saw that.

My man. Can't wait for Respawn to release Ronin Prime cos I'm buying it day 1. Best voice too, reminds me of Jeremy Irons.

I have this perspective

--

I slide before I melee so I'm never stuck in the animation. That means I haven't unlocked it yet.

No.

Found a video of it, pretty cool animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHf4yMDIzVQ

SwolBro

Banned

Depends on platform and no.
Many issues people have are PvP exclusive it seems.

The game isnt brokn but there's some serious issues that need fixing immediately .

And if any of them pretend hemlok isn't a fucking joke they're in la la land. It's a ridiculous gun that takes zero skill to learn to shoot and can kill you in 1 burst 50% of the time. The gun is bullshit for a game that's supposed to be about mobility

Izuna

Banned
Hmm, 1100 isn't the Bounty Hunt limit.

I'm gunna try found out what it is.

I've still NEVER seen Drydock on Bounty Hunt after like 250 of them.

Izuna

Banned
Bounty Hunt Mythbusting:

• There is no $Bonus limit (or at least, there's no way to check if it can go higher than $5000)
  • The earliest wave the game can end (baring time limit) is Wave 4 (for a total of $6000 in Cash+Bonus)
  • Enemy Pilots are always worth at least $10 Bonus, unless they've banked their money. Titans are $50 Bonus
  • While you get half the number above the enemy Pilot's name, you will get the full $10 if that's all they have
  • One Bounty Titan, or one spawn of Minions is worth $500 Cash + $500 Bounty (unless some minions despawn)
  • The final hit on a Bounty Titan is worth $100 Cash + $100 Bonus
  • Nuclear Ejection only killed a Styder class Titan (Ronin) in one hit
  • There is no Northstar Bounty Titan
  • Bounty Titans are random classes
  • Some maps, like Exoplanet, have different possible spawns for Minions or Bounty Titans
  • Eden Waves 5 and 6 only have one Minion Spawn and one Bounty Titan respectively
  • Wave 6 is the limit for all maps (for a total of possible $10,000 unless it's Eden)
  • You only lose 25% of the total $ earned if you die one time before Uploading your Bonus

Bonus Mention
  • RT and Melee while in Sword Core with Ronin do the same thing

I don't think Drydock and Crash Site are even in the rotation.

I think I've played Crash Site. Maybe it's not in rotation anymore, but I've taken a video pre-Legion nerf on that map in Bounty Hunt. Though, I haven't seen it since so they might have removed it.

Izuna

Banned
No Upload Challenge -- for the solo pubstompers out there

• You are no allowed to Upload ANY $Bonus (even if it will win you the game)
  • Unless it is Wave 6 or the enemy team has enough $Bonus to win the game

This usually causes you to be the enemy team's primary target. If you make it to Wave 6, it can be very exciting to try and get to the bank without dying. There is no cap on how much Bonus you can hold. If you are carrying $2500, you might want to hide until either it's Wave 6 or the enemy team has enough to win.

End-game footage: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Cobalt Izuna/video/24713322

--

If you want to try this challenge in a party, designate a single player to be $Bonus carrier and try to protect him.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I keep waiting for myself to "get tired" of this game and need a break so I can play my other games, but it isn't happening. Send halp

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
BH players sometimes baffle me, I mean after a few matches you should know how it works. It's so easy to troll and distract enemy titans away from the objective when you're a pilot in this game. At one point I think I had 3 of them after me and of course I eventually got dropped but meanwhile my team were raking in the dough. If I have already deposited my cash and the other team has mostly titans, then I start trolling. It's pretty funny even if you die alot

Also nuclear ejection tends to withdraw a lot of salt in BH

Izuna

Banned
Peak time UK (7:30PM, Saturday) 129 playing Bounty Hunt

Respawn PLEASE make it the first option again ;(

You've inadvertently killed the ONE mode I loved in this game.

Calderc

BH players sometimes baffle me, I mean after a few matches you should know how it works. It's so easy to troll and distract enemy titans away from the objective when you're a pilot in this game. At one point I think I had 3 of them after me and of course I eventually got dropped but meanwhile my team were raking in the dough. If I have already deposited my cash and the other team has mostly titans, then I start trolling. It's pretty funny even if you die alot

Also nuclear ejection tends to withdraw a lot of salt in BH

People really are dumb in BH.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/calderc/video/24713718

Calderc

Peak time UK (7:30PM, Saturday) 129 playing Bounty Hunt

Respawn PLEASE make it the first option again ;(

You've inadvertently killed the ONE mode I loved in this game.

I was playing when I got in last night between 2 and 4am on the New York data server. 800 odd people and it was smooth as butter. Give that a try.

Izuna

Banned
Lol this is SO FUN with the No Upload Challenge... I lost like $1500 Bounty, but was able to bring it back. It's funny that the other team starts hunting you the fuck down. Phase Shift and Ronin make it really fun to do it with.

Haven't lost game like this so far.

I was playing when I got in last night between 2 and 4am on the New York data server. 800 odd people and it was smooth as butter. Give that a try.

I mean, I used to play East US a bunch but it's guaranteed 120+ ping for me. Not ideal.

Top Bottom