• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

any pics of new eichenwalde route?

i understand that it will make that map a little less defense favoured but i really liked that choke point, it felt amazing to break it.

Almost feels like too many things are being changed at once (Lucio, Ana, Sombra, Orisa additions, etc). I suppose these changes will be staggered from the rest though so probably not.

what happens during a dva bomb?

D.Va bomb was pretty non-impact unless it was part of a combo anyways. But I suppose running along with your team is an option as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpl-ikKXvz4
Here's a video on PTR Lucio I found. AoE is so small. Think it's around 90% smaller now.

It's 1/3rd of what it use to be.

Anne

In all seriousness his fighting and movement abilities look a lot better but the main reason he's at a 90% pickrate just doesn't exist with how he is on the PTR. The big deal was you could basically speedboost everybody on the map and then your Genji could be diving the enemy team while still getting hit by aura. None of that works with those changes, and that's a big enough deal to make him "unplayable".

New boop is hella dope though.

It's 1/3rd of what it use to be.

Less than that. 88% smaller. Circles, Radius, pi, etc.

kirblar

In all seriousness his fighting and movement abilities look a lot better but the main reason he's at a 90% pickrate just doesn't exist with how he is on the PTR. The big deal was you could basically speedboost everybody on the map and then your Genji could be diving the enemy team while still getting hit by aura. None of that works with those changes, and that's a big enough deal to make him "unplayable".

Genji-Dragonblade-nerf-by-proxy? Praise baby winston.

RemiLP

umm wont this lucio change invite the tripple tank meta back in with open arms? Tanks close together will be much harder for a dive comp to kill. If you go with a dive comp, you will be out of reach from your lucio heal, and if you go with tanks close to gether, you will revice even more healing.

Less than that. 88% smaller. Circles, Radius, pi, etc.

The area is, yeah, but the circumference is really what matters in this context. Unless I'm missing something. It's a circle so they are going to be the same no matter what so it doesn't really matter.

umm wont this lucio change invite the tripple tank meta back in with open arms? Tanks close together will be much harder for a dive comp to kill. If you go with a dive comp, you will be out of reach from your lucio heal, and if you go with tanks close to gether, you will revice even more healing.
I don't think triple tank will ever go away for good, it's still a solid baseline

kirblar

If you're doing 3 stacked tanks and a stacked Lucio, Lucio's going to be pretty vulnerable to a Pharah because his face is going to be right behind Reinhardt's butt.
I don't think triple tank will ever go away for good, it's still a solid baseline
Agreed, Defense is always going to prefer beefier heroes.

finalflame

Gold Member
The area is, yeah, but the circumference is really what matters in this context. Unless I'm missing something.

Not really, I think this actually matters in all 3 dimensions. Am I wrong in assuming this also affects the verticality of his AOE? As in, the area of influence is actually a cylinder?

Anne

Not really, I think this actually matters in all 3 dimensions. Am I wrong in assuming this also affects the verticality of his AOE? As in, the area of influence is actually a cylinder?

It's a sphere, yeah. You're not going to be able to sit on top of a map and hit your entire team anymore.

Then that would be volume anyways. Which means he received a 97.2% nerf (going from 113,000 to 4188.8 cubic units).

Anyways, that's all silly because what really matters is the distance from him which is only the radius so we are all doing unnecessary math. :p

kirblar

Symmetra's Shield Generator is a winner here, it's no longer just a bad Lucio.
Huge Lucio nerf wtf

KOTH just got much less interesting...
He's got a near-100% pickrate in pro/non-pro competitive games. Something had to change about his design, you couldn't fix this w/ numbers without dumpstering him.

finalflame

Gold Member
Is it bad if I'm just playing somra not stop in comb? Not terrible and doing pretty good :)

If you mean non-stop in competitive, then I see no issue as long as you're winning while contributing and not just getting carried.

Just be open to change if it's not working :)

Anne

Maybe it's a cylinder? Man Idk, I just know this will affect the height (or should since you can get out of range via height already) lol. The actual numbers don't matter too much in the end, it's just a lot smaller.

finalflame

Gold Member
The changes to 2CP win conditions for comp is also fucking fantastic. It makes so much sense and is something I've thought about in the past. I love Blizzard making changes to actually make the game more competitive instead of throwing away a team's progress to make it more casual-friendly.

RemiLP

"Alternate fire now considers vertical orientation when knocking targets back"

So what does this mean? Anyone feel like translating?

kirblar

Is it bad if I'm just playing somra not stop in comb? Not terrible and doing pretty good :)
I think she's real dependent on both the map (how much utlity does pack-hacking get you?) and your enemys comp (she's a fantastic Rein counter)

Sometimes she's amazing, sometimes you really should be on Soldier or Tracer instead.
"Alternate fire now considers vertical orientation when knocking targets back"
I think this means a Boop is now going to adjust its curve depending on if you're above or below Lucio when you get hit?

Jellie

He'd still be useful in non dive comps and for getting past certain chokes.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I had an asshole Hanzo during Mystery Heroes who spammed I need Healing and came in my scope/view blocking me from healing D.Va and Reinhardt who were off in the distance, Point B on Temple of Anubis

I got rolled Ana doing my best keep my tanks alive
Thank Fuck for Enemy Widowmaker to snipe the ever living shit out of his head just for our herp derp Mercy to revive him
Fuck >_<
Luckily 10 seconds later he got hooked and his death scream happened, felt vindicated, like Overwatch bids toying with me but felt like the souche needed to be put in place

Won the match saving my tanks, got to pull off 3 Nano-Boost in the process. 2 on D.Va and 1 on Rein
Just saw elimination assists galore on my screen

Thewonandonly

If you mean non-stop in competitive, then I see no issue as long as you're winning while contributing and not just getting carried.

Just be open to change if it's not working :)
Ehhhh it's so early I guess I'm kind of being a piece of shit :O there is still a lot of time to climb tho so I want to get some real practice :)

Anne

31d6da6ee2.png

New Eichenwalde change. The small rooms to the right side of the choke while attacking are now connected. Room is bigger too. No more stuffing Mei in there for autowins :T

kirblar

New Eichenwalde change. The small rooms to the right side of the choke while attacking are now connected.
I like this, it was way too easy to shut low level players down at the choke w/ a good Pharah.
Feels like they might have been talking w/ the HOTS team about how they implemented him when they made these adjustments.

They also seem to have taken after them (in a good way) regarding the speed of their PTR changes and willingness to rework heroes/maps.

Veelk

Banned

I await the "gotta go fast" gifs.

I'm interested in seeing how this works out. They just made Lucio both very difficult to kill and both able to be much more aggressive. I could see him as an extremely good staller on maps like Anubis, wallriding back and forth with it being hard to kill him. I feel like any speedboost target has to be relatively stationary now though, since it'll be really easy to get out of range.

Interesting Lucio changes - I feel like his gun might need a damage boost to offset this, though. The projectile speed increase is nice, but it's still a gun that mostly tickles.

Would it be OP if Symmetra's turrets could zap friendlies to heal them? It really bothers me that she's the only support that can't heal, and I don't understand why she isn't Defense.

kirblar

Interesting Lucio changes - I feel like his gun might need a damage boost to offset this, though. The projectile speed increase is nice, but it's still a gun that mostly tickles.

Would it be OP if Symmetra's turrets could zap friendlies to heal them? It really bothers me that she's the only support that can't heal, and I don't understand why she isn't Defense.
Being able to set mini-shield generator turrets would be kinda neat, actually.

KiraFA37

Really liking these Lucio changes. The buff to projectile speed is my favourite as you usually just spam it into the enemy team hoping to hit something, might do some targeted damage for once now. Also holy batman on that Lucio range nerf, I knew his range was large but 30m, thats a huge surface area! No wonder they reduced that. I think 10 might be a good spot, maybe 11-12m but not bigger since he provides al of utility in that surface area. I hope they keep the radius visualisation around in live for a while too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Have you actually played quake?

You need perfect timing on jumping, directional keys, and 100% smooth mouse movement. Completely different league.

yeah i have. why else would i have said it?

the geometry in ows maps are completely fucked and inconsistent

Top Bottom