• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista Koo

Yeah they always have a problem with learning controls for any game they aren't familiar with. Heck even when one of them knows the controls he generally doesn't bother informing everyone else.

Kyle asking about swimming in Mountain Dew on the podcast, Live with YouTube Gaming season 2 confirmed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)?
Also he makes fun of people with no sense of direction but oh no they are so positive and blah blah blah.

emb

That Automata review made me wanna get the game. Got a lot of other stuff I need to get and catch up on, but I'm kinda feeling Nier.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
aww yeah finally ben will dive deeper on automata. hope he can convince other allies to play it.

Brad seems to have committed himself to get to it and is doing Nier in preparation. Right now Ben and Brad indepth automata talk later this year is the best I can hope for but man if more Allies jump on that train all the better. Nier:A is also a game where it's easy to have interesting perspectives on. Going through the official spoiler thread I missed quite a bit of stuff on my playthroughs and I def thought I payed attention.

farisr

That Automata review made me wanna get the game. Got a lot of other stuff I need to get and catch up on, but I'm kinda feeling Nier.
Working on the videos with this special anniversary month schedule means the game has just been sitting there on my shelf, unopened. But at the end of this week, things will finally die down and I'll finally have some real free time to play games and catch up on all my shows and what not.

Still have 3 games I want to play and beat before Nier. I know the combat in the game + the story is likely going to ruin the impact of the other games if I end up playing it before them.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Working on the videos with this special anniversary month schedule means the game has just been sitting there on my shelf, unopened. But at the end of this week, things will finally die down and I'll finally have some real free time to play games and catch up on all my shows and what not.

Still have 3 games I want to play and beat before Nier. I know the combat in the game + the story is likely going to ruin the impact of the other games if I end up playing it before them.

Smart, I feel like an aspect that gets often ignored that the games that you play before/around each other can majorly influence your perception of them.
I still remember vividly having tons of trouble adjusting from Bloodborne to Witcher 3 but pushed through anyway given I how much I loved the story. Sometimes it's only certain games having that effect for each other and in often isn't a big deal then. For me it's a problem when it's several games like with FFXV where I'm so influenced by so many games that only have a fraction of that budget and yet succeed in certain aspects so much more even in retrospect.

I also know that being aware of that can help one to enjoy games that they might not have. I'm a super harsh critic on FFXIII like on a logical/critical level I don't like it one bit. But when I think about my actual experience with the game it was pretty ok because I played it at a time where I didn't want anything too demanding. I pretty much wanted a low effort and excuse me for it somewhat braindead experience so in that vein also getting the game for 10 bucks I was pretty happy with it.

Also still trying to find the timing to get to GTA5. But given the prevalent trends of gaming I just have not found the right mood for it :/

Servbot24

Banned
Yeah I wish I had played W3 before Bloodborne. Compared to BB, Witcher 3 is completely bland and feels so gross to play. Objectively I know the game has tons of merit, I just couldn't get past certain things.

wmlk

That was funny, but no, it was Kyle's dumb "yeeess" bit that led him to losing his mind for a couple of minutes. First time I saw it, I was laughing harder than Kyle was. I am a sucker for stupid shit like that, but really did not expect to burst into laughter while editing it. (and I rarely ever laugh out loud while I'm alone, even when I see something really funny)

Also, as a side note, I am always amazed at just how Kyle manages to play Tetris while doing bits and reading comments at the same time and what not, but this was just ridiculous. If I burst out into laughter like that, everything basically stops, but he kept on playing, and his run didn't end. He was playing better Tetris in that state, than I do without any distractions.

That was so good. He could not stop laughing for two minutes straight.

Hello, I tried out this podcast(and frame trap) on a whim and quite enjoyed them. As someone who was not a regular viewer of GameTrailers, Kyle Bosman is the only person on the team that I am at all familiar with. Can anyone give me a quick sentence about each member to help me figure out their voices and personalities?

UrbanRats

Then when I found our Breath of the Wild doesn't have Porches, a track editor, or really much sim racing at all... what a broken mess of a game, Forza would never get away with that.

Give Zelda indestructible shields, and a track editor, and it could be a decent SSX.

MrMette

Hello, I tried out this podcast(and frame trap) on a whim and quite enjoyed them. As someone who was not a regular viewer of GameTrailers, Kyle Bosman is the only person on the team that I am at all familiar with. Can anyone give me a quick sentence about each member to help me figure out their voices and personalities?

On their about page is a some info on all of them (although for some of them, the "info" is not really useful): https://easyallies.com/#!/about
That said, for a lot of them there is some info on what types of games they like the most.

I am not good at this kind of stuff myself (I am also somewhat afraid of giving wrong info), but I am sure there are people here who can give some more info.

Btw, welcome!

On their about page is a some info on all of them (although for some of them, the "info" is not really useful): https://easyallies.com/#!/about
That said, for a lot of them there is some info on what types of games they like the most.

I am not good at this kind of stuff myself (I am also somewhat afraid of giving wrong info), but I am sure there are people here who can give some more info.

Thanks, I looked for that page and couldn't find it!

Also, one of the members on the most recent EA podcast was characterized as not liking many of the popular games in general, can anyone tell me who that was? I'm trying to fix a sense of these guys personal tastes in my head.

MrMette

Also, one of the members on the most recent EA podcast was characterized as not liking many of the popular games in general, can anyone tell me who that was? I'm trying to fix a sense of these guys personal tastes in my head.
I had trouble finding it myself.
It is hidden at the bottom of the homepage (in the footer).
I thought it was in the menu before, but maybe I am mistaken.

That's probably Ian you are talking about. He loves the bloodbourne/souls games, but is usually not too fond of big AAA titles. I know he did/does play Destiny, Overwatch and Diablo III.

Btw some of them come by/post in this tread regularly:
Ben: Grayfox431
Blooodworth: Bloodworth
Damiani: HylianScribe

I have seen Brad (bradbot) and Kyle (Bosman) as well, so maybe more of them pass by without posting.
All of their usernames are in the OP.

Maligna

Banned

These are my takes:

Brandon Jones - The "boss" of the group, if only unofficially. Voices all of their videos. Enjoys open world games. Loves the "art" of game/movie trailers, hence why he made Game trailers.com back in the day. Is also crazy about all things Disney.

Daniel Bloodworth - Enigmatic personality. All I know about him is he's generally more even tempered and he takes his job seriously. He's also the lone "religious" ally AFAIK.

Michael Damiani - Loves Zelda and all things Nintendo too much for my taste. He can get excitable when he speaks. Generally the one I have the least in common with when it comes to his gaming opinions. Has a reputation for trolling sometimes.

Ben Moore - Loves Japan and Japanese games. Is the dungeon master in the Easy Allies D&D game and crafts a great story there. Is really enthusiastic about things he likes and could talk forever about them if you let him. (Not a bad thing) Also buys way too many games.

Michael Huber - Loves horror games, films, Japanese games and anything related to being a manly warrior. His hype levels sometimes exceed what some people can take, and they end up accusing him of not being able to be critical, despite him proving in the past that he can be.

Bradley Ellis - Huber's childhood friend. Also loves Japanese games. Kingdom Hearts and Dark Souls in particular. Probably the one I have least in common with after Damiani. He's hilarious in Tabletop Adventures though.

Ian Hinck - A lot of people think he's the negative one or the "Edge Lord" of the group. But I just find that he's pragmatic/realistic. He doesn't have much of a broad gaming taste, only loving a handful of games (Souls series/Metroidvanias) but he's the one I empathize with the most. He's also a great musical talent.

Kyle Bosman - Known as the comedian of the group, but I feel he's more than that. Tries really hard to have unique ideas for his segments. Sometimes this results in strange rules or games that befuddle the others. Seems to sometimes have low self esteem about his work, even though we all love it.

Don Casanova - Makes rare appearances but is always uniquely Don. He's hard to describe, but he reminds me of a David Lynch-like creative genius.

These are all just my takes and I love all the Allies, despite not having much in common with a couple of them.

Nice "Senor Droolcup" avatar by the way.

That was Ian. I love Ian.

These are my takes:
Ben Moore - Also buys way too many games.

Obligatory:

VOOaXHF.gif

Makes you wonder how his bank account is holding up after Q1.

MrMette

You mean bugs, right?

No, he means Kyle eats his slices of pizza from the crustside instead of the tip. And while I don't care at all if he does or not (who am I to judge how somebody eats his/her pizza), I had to laugh hard that somebody brought this up again.

The most important thing for you to know is that Kyle Bosman eats his pizza backwards.

No, he means Kyle eats his pieces of pizza from the crustside instead of the tip. And while I don't care at all if he does or not (who am I to judge how somebody eats his/her pizza), I had to laugh hard that somebody brought this up again.

Guys he's from New York okay? That's how true New Yorkers eat pizza.

Axass

Went a little overboard, but at least I'll have something to quote for future reference if anybody asks about the Allies. Also, doing this made me realize the enormous amount of stuff they put out and how much each of them does.

Damiani: Resident Zelda guru, knows lots about Nintendo games and is a master troll. He's second only to Ian in cynism, however he does great investigative videos about famous glitches, secrets and easter eggs in games. Does Game Sleuth, Zelda Talk, Eorzean Allies, Retro Game Sessions, streams, reviews, manages the Twitch channel and takes care of the stream during Tuesday Group Streams.

Brad: Loves Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, huge Star Wars fan. He's Huber childhood's friend and he's just too cool and chill of a guy, you can't shame him because he does what he likes to do. Does EZAnime, streams and reviews, is part of Amateur Gundam Construction and Tabletop Escapades.

Ian: Hates anything that isn't a souls-like, a puzzle or an adventure game; just kidding, but he's the most cynical of the group, and a great editor/producer. He also sings, and is in general the more artsy of the Allies, he brings preciously different opinions on the table. Does Easy Update, hosts Fiasconauts, is part of Tabletop Escapades and edits a lot of stuff.

Brandon: Former boss at GT, he's the voice of EZA, adores everything Disney, big fan of open world games. Most of the shows and streams are done in his garage, he does professional VO and is a very down to Earth and likeable guy. Does stream, reviews, Community Comments, Cup of Jones, all the voice-over, is in charge of the Retrospectives and edits most of the videos.

Huber: The offspring of jolliness and hype, he loves co-op games, especially with his best buddy Brad. Nobody gets as hyped about games as him, however he has a degree in journalism and his criticism is always on point; he's the biggest Resident Evil fan, loves horror and movies in general, also wrestling. Does Huber Syndrome, Talking Syndrome, streams, reviews and is part of Tabletop Escapades.

Ben: Everything japanese is Ben-kun's turf, especially JRPGs, but he literally plays everything. One of the best reviewers in the biz, he has a way with words and that also shows in his role as a Dungeon & Dragons DM. Does streams, reviews, EZAnime and Tales from Japan, is part of Amateur Gundam Construction, hosts the monthly Q&A, Frame Trap and Tabletop Escapades.

Bloodworth: He's basically the senior review editor of EZA, he keeps contact with publishers and usually gets hands on time with unreleased games at events. He's the biggest fan of racing games at EZA but his heart has been taken by The Witcher. Does Blood Pact, streams, reviews and manages the Youtube channel.

Don: Gambler master, lover of retro games, especially if at low prices, amazing editor and part time pet-detective. His stories are infamous, he keeps a low profile on camera but he has a very subtle humour and produces high quality videos. Does Don's Discount Gaming, edits Huber Syndrome and other videos.

Kyle: He's the weirdest of the bunch, by far. His comedic vein oft comes out, both in the Betting Specials and in the numerous bits of his Tetris stream. Likes weird games, does weird things, but is weird in a very positive way: he always questions himself and what others think, and meanwhile he keeps bringing new stuff to the table. Does Bosman vs. Wozniak, Dumb/Fun Game Monday, hosts the EZA Podcast, is part of Tabletop Escapades, Amateur Gundam Construction and is usually in charge of the Betting Specials and Group Streams' preparation.

I have seen Brad (bradbot) and Kyle (Bosman) as well, so maybe more of them pass by without posting.
All of their usernames are in the OP.

I'm pretty sure that Kyle reads everything we post, but that sneaky lurker makes an appearence only like thrice a year. He should engage with us more, we love him. <3

... even though he eats bugs.

MrMette

Guys he's from New York okay? That's how true New Yorkers eat pizza.

Again, I'm not judging, I just wanted to explain what he meant. I am sure a lot of you won't agree with how we eat our (home made) pizza at home ;-).
It is more or less impossible to eat in hand as it is a big oventray full for 2 people, so it sags to much to eat it like that

btw I didn't know this is the way they eat their pizza in New York. You learn something every day.

I also don't mind eating bugs, we have a pot with some (bought) dried mealworms in it as well. I did sprinkle some of them in an omelette some weeks ago and while I don't think they are the best tasting things I have eaten, they don't taste bad either. I woudln't eat those weekly, but once in a while is fine with me (I didn't try any other bugs tbh, but if they are dried or fried I don't think I would mind trying some other types of bugs either). The way we can buy them in grocery stores, it really isn't all that different from buying some peanuts in a pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom