• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Boxart Revealed

watership

NmkWg.png

oh oh. dem evils.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if it's Microsoft UK that's screwed up here or if the artwork is supposed to look so low-res, but it doesn't look nice anyway:

http://microsoft.gamespress.com/xbox360/pics.asp?exc=0&i=2065

Another thing I noticed when browsing one of the PSDs (halo4_2d_pegi_boxshot.psd), the layers include a lot of Kinect branding. At first I got a bit curious as to why but then I understood the reason. Microsoft UK has for some reason packed the PSD file with covers for both Dance Central 2 and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary. The question here though is why there are layers for both "Kinect Required" and "Better with Kinect". Dance Central 2 obviously requires Kinect but Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary doesn't nor is better with Kinect as far as I know. Does this mean Halo 4 will feature Kinect connectivity? I don't know, but seems to be unnecessary work to supply branding (in many languages) for Kinect if the game won't support it.

Here's what the cover looks like with Kinect branding (Swedish version), I have not changed position of the artwork:

4981.png

Simo

I've just been sent a load of Halo 4 wallpapers and such. Anyone want me to send them on?

I have Twitter backgrounds, Facebook cover photo (like I'm using on my FB page here) and wallpapers covering:

1024x768
1280x1024
1600x1050
1920x1080
1920x1200

If anyone can show me where to host them then I'll stick them up for anyone to download. They're all of the box art, just in varying sizes.

Mediafire? I'd take the 1280x1024 for work and the 1920x1200 if you please!

EvB

Rösti;37928164 said:
Dance Central 2 obviously requires Kinect but Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary doesn't nor is better with Kinect as far as I know. Does this mean Halo 4 will feature Kinect connectivity?

Halo Combat evolved had Kinect Support, so it would usually have that banner on it, but I don't think it does. It's more than likely that is just a generic PSD file they use for all boxes and it has the various layers for ease of creation.

Conor 419

Banned
I meant as in, have the ERSB and the MS/343i logos on the back so the Halo 4 logo can be on the bottom.

I'm guessing that's illegal.

For the last time people, Frank O'Connor(the franchise development director) at 343i said there is no Kinect support for this game.

Top Bottom