• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Wow, finally managed to do Baelsars Wall with sound last night. I wasn't ready. I saw it mentioned constantly but I wasn't prepared for him to say it in the same way Jim says "tender" in Earthworm Jim 2.

I tried farming Zurvan for an hour or two just now. Guess what happened? Oh... Soar and people threw themselves in the fire. Regroup.... Soar again.... why is this mechanic so hard for everyone? Skipping is nice but jesus... not everyone can. If it is a farm I'm gonna expect you to know it o.o

I'm seriously sick of this fight already, lol.

Rizzi

Whew. Finally managed to make a character on Ultros.
I sure hope Bard is fun 'cause that's what I intend on playing!

Demoskinos

8v8 feast is cancer but still not as cancerous as frontlines

these 10 wins are going to take forever

I actually really like feast but yeah 8v8 can get chaotic in a way that is real insane.

Also yeah Frontlines is....not my jam. But might try to get the 10 wins anyways.

IvorB

I actually prefer Sohm Am HM to Belesar's Wall. Dun Scaith is great too and the fights feel really desperate in DF which is good. I'm glad they walked back on making the 32-man brain-dead easy like Void Ark.

8v8 feast is cancer but still not as cancerous as frontlines

these 10 wins are going to take forever

I actually kind of like Frontlines after having never really touched PvP before the Garo stuff. 8v8 feast seems really chaotic, though I've only gone in a few times now.

Lanrutcon

I actually prefer Sohm Am HM to Belesar's Wall. Dun Scaith is great too and the fights feel really desperate in DF which is good. I'm glad they walked back on making the 32-man brain-dead easy like Void Ark.

As a healer, Sohm is definitely easier.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yay I unlocked Ninja last night and now have full-weeb run whenever running with my daggers unsheathed!

the real news will be the announcement of the 3rd new job
just got a feeling in my gut, they kept mentioning they wouldn't do 3 new jobs again but i think they'll do it

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/wiki/pax_2015_interview

Maybe you are thinking of this?

RPGamer said:
Will any future jobs be added via patch like Ninja was?

Yoship said:
You may have heard it in the panel but the development team is kind of hesitant on adding jobs like this so I'm kind of torn. Adding a job in a patch update is actually quite an extensive task and a pretty big endeavor but at the same time we also understand that the players were really excited and happy about a job being introduced in a patch so we would love to consider it positively but at this point we're not able to say.

He was talking about adding a job in a patch like Ninja, not jobs planned to release together in an expansion.

And since Astrologian came out of nowhere with no warning IIRC I think there's a possibility of 2 jobs being revealed.

IIRC Machinist and Astrologian were revealed together at the Las Vegas fanfest, and Yoship had only worn a shirt hinting at Machinist with no shirt hints for Astrologian.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alright, another "returning player" question. How should I go about making some gil? I've got like 200,000 and seeing how prices have jumped on the market a good bit since 2014, I realize that's not gonna do. :lol

Alright, another "returning player" question. How should I go about making some gil? I've got like 200,000 and seeing how prices have jumped on the market a good bit since 2014, I realize that's not gonna do. :lol

I would like to know this as well since I've been buying glamour stuff off of the marketboard and I only have 400,000 left.

The simplest answer, if you don't have crafting/gathering classes leveled, is to do as many of your challenge log entries as you can. You can earn a fair bit of gil just with that.

Zuly

I tried farming Zurvan for an hour or two just now. Guess what happened? Oh... Soar and people threw themselves in the fire. Regroup.... Soar again.... why is this mechanic so hard for everyone? Skipping is nice but jesus... not everyone can. If it is a farm I'm gonna expect you to know it o.o

I'm seriously sick of this fight already, lol.

I gave up pugging that. I always get to the last phase but people who insist on skipping Soar can't into the last Soar. My super duper casual group figured out Soar in two pulls so I don't know why these "let's skip Soar" groups can't learn it. I just want to clear the fight for the sake of it, my anima is still my weapon of choice (lolhealer accuracy)

Arkeband

Banned
The only argument for us getting three jobs in the expansion is that it's super awkward for there to be an unequal number of tank and healer jobs, as SAM would likely be a tank because why would we need two DPS classes???

But the argument against it is that they've already used language implying that the next job will be the last one to be revealed.

So either way, I think they've already fucked this up. It isn't like the classes in this game have talent trees or specs to balance around, just crank them out.

The only argument for us getting three jobs in the expansion is that it's super awkward for there to be an unequal number of tank and healer jobs, as SAM would likely be a tank because why would we need two DPS classes???

But the argument against it is that they've already used language implying that the next job will be the last one to be revealed.

So either way, I think they've already fucked this up. It isn't like the classes in this game have talent trees or specs to balance around, just crank them out.

Are there any sources for Yoship stating or alluding to there only being two jobs?

The only thing I've found is the comment about Ninja which I've seen somehow get reinterpreted into "too difficult to do 3 jobs in an expansion" when that's not what was said.

Allard

Are there any sources for Yoship stating or alluding to there only being two jobs?

The only thing I've found is the comment about Ninja which I've seen somehow get reinterpreted into "too difficult to do 3 jobs in an expansion" when that's not what was said.

Don't know if there is, people keep mentioning it but I also don't remember him specifically stating 3 jobs were too much, just the Ninja in a patch was too much alongside making 3 new jobs for an expansion. The real reason people feel its only 2 jobs is thanks to that misspoken twitter message stating RDM was one of the two new jobs in Stormblood. Its since been taken down but now we are left wondering if they know something we don't and it wasn't intended to be released or if they simply didn't know anything and misunderstood what was coming. Guess we will know in less than a month.

iammeiam

Soar is not hard to learn (and if you're a healer you don't even have to do the mechanic since you don't get a circle), but given that the first is so skippable and the second can be completely trivialized via tank LB, the fight is basically designed to encourage people to not learn it.

They should have rotated priority on his post-drop rotation, so that you could push and skip the ice puddle phase and were forced to do Soar. They didn't, so now it's just sort of a thing that exists.

I don't really think SAM tank creates anything awkward, and I think in practice SAM tank fixes the awkwardness in terms of how you actually build a group.

Currently group builds are:

MT (PLD/DRK)
WAR (WAR/WAR)
Shield Healer (Scholar/Noct AST)
Regen Healer (WHM/Diurnal AST)

You have two different options for three of the four spots; SAM as a WAR equivalent creates actual competition for the OT spot, which is what's missing from the current setup. Out of all the things SB needs to do, creating some competition for WAR has to be pretty high up the list.

aceface

Hey GAF, if anyone needs a raid group, I'm getting my group back together after a couple of month hiatus and we're looking for 2 dps- some combination of MCH/BRD and Melee dps. We did A10S back in October before our break and we will be starting A11S soon. So if you can do any of those jobs listed above, can make raid 3 days a week from 9:00-11:30pm eastern and want a group, let me know. We are on Ultros but we can take anyone from Primal. If you are interested either PM me on here or send me a tell in game, I'm Tomo Takino.

Jayhawk

I think I'll try to clear A9S to A12S after EU fan fest and the three week trip involved with that. I can start preparing for the Ariana Grande job they'll announce at fan fest. /o\

Team 2exdrdungeons2newjobs

Don't forget 1trial1raid. You're letting team snowman down by forgetting these things!

ebil

With the trouble they've had (and still arguably have) balancing the 3 healers I don't think introducing a 4th one would be very high on their priority list either.

Arkeband

Banned
I don't really think SAM tank creates anything awkward, and I think in practice SAM tank fixes the awkwardness in terms of how you actually build a group.

Currently group builds are:

MT (PLD/DRK)
WAR (WAR/WAR)
Shield Healer (Scholar/Noct AST)
Regen Healer (WHM/Diurnal AST)

You have two different options for three of the four spots; SAM as a WAR equivalent creates actual competition for the OT spot, which is what's missing from the current setup. Out of all the things SB needs to do, creating some competition for WAR has to be pretty high up the list.

While this makes sense, they could solve the WAR problem by just... properly balancing tanks.
With the trouble they've had (and still arguably have) balancing the 3 healers I don't think introducing a 4th one would be very high on their priority list either.

lol, well unfortunately this is the burden of cookie cutter trinity MMO development, so they'd better figure their shit out soon.

Lanrutcon

FF14 jobs have always been weird in terms of identity.

But WoW also had/has issues adding new classes. First they add a melee plate tank/dps! then they add a melee leather tank/dps/healer! then they add a melee leather tank/dps! (See the pattern?)

Arkeband

Banned
FF14 jobs have always been weird in terms of identity.

But WoW also had/has issues adding new classes. First they add a melee plate tank/dps! then they add a melee leather tank/dps/healer! then they add a melee leather tank/dps! (See the pattern?)

No, I don't see a pattern.

Don't know if there is, people keep mentioning it but I also don't remember him specifically stating 3 jobs were too much, just the Ninja in a patch was too much alongside making 3 new jobs for an expansion. The real reason people feel its only 2 jobs is thanks to that misspoken twitter message stating RDM was one of the two new jobs in Stormblood. Its since been taken down but now we are left wondering if they know something we don't and it wasn't intended to be released or if they simply didn't know anything and misunderstood what was coming. Guess we will know in less than a month.

Man, I just want the fanfest to be here already.

Tired of speculating.

IvorB

I would like to know this as well since I've been buying glamour stuff off of the marketboard and I only have 400,000 left.

If you're diligent with retainer quick ventures you can make a bit of cash that way. Every once in a while they will bring you a big ticket item.

studyguy

Why is Soar so difficult for people?
There's literally two different standard positions and that's it.

I've skipped a ton but even when soar didn't skip it's... not hard.
I don't get it.

Also why is the bow the only drop from him? I've seen nothing but the fucking bow drop.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Why is Soar so difficult for people?
There's literally two different standard positions and that's it.

I've skipped a ton but even when soar didn't skip it's... not hard.
I don't get it.

Also why is the bow the only drop from him? I've seen nothing but the fucking bow drop.

I don't know why people are so hellbent on skipping it and LBing it in final phase. You have to learn how to do it anyway, and it's pretty much any "pick your positions and go there" mechanic, with a bit of leeway in going to either side if you're in a spot that will get charged.

Ken

Hey GAF, if anyone needs a raid group, I'm getting my group back together after a couple of month hiatus and we're looking for 2 dps- some combination of MCH/BRD and Melee dps. We did A10S back in October before our break and we will be starting A11S soon. So if you can do any of those jobs listed above, can make raid 3 days a week from 9:00-11:30pm eastern and want a group, let me know. We are on Ultros but we can take anyone from Primal. If you are interested either PM me on here or send me a tell in game, I'm Tomo Takino.

Wow where's my SAM/RDM slot.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I can't decide if I'm looking forward to 52+ on my summoner making it more interesting to play, or dreading needing more keybinds and thus being bad.

Anoregon

All melee

It's less "all melee" and more "all tanks". Tank is always the most in-demand/needed role, so they never want to add a new class that isn't a tank and make the situation worse.

SkyOdin

It would be pretty simple for them to just alternate between a tank and a healer each expansion. So a new tank and DPS in 4.0 and a new healer and DPS in 5.0. It evens out over time, depending on how many expansions the game will ultimately get.

Redx508

Picture time post your character! use /gpose and open the settings with R or * than rotate to 150 take the pic and rotate in windows. https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/5pjqwa/a_trick_for_better_fullbody_screenshots/

TODDL3J.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom