• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT5| Zenophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are only 28 planets in universe 7 with life on them? That struck me as odd, the galaxy always seemed far more populated. Otherwise Freizas "galactic empire" was just more than two dozen planets.

Beerus also not picking the warriors after having shat his pants multiple times at the universe wipeout also seemed out of character.

We don't know what happened after Freeza's death. Maybe a bunch of populations tried to take his place and ended up killing each other.

ElFly

Well think about it.

Frieza didn't care about earth. So it's entirely possible there are bigger planets with far more inhabitants on them than earth.

He's selling the planets to Donald Trump like aliens. They want their villas/planets.

oh I like this

maybe they don't even register as planets with intelligent life because there's only a mansion with a few attendants waiting for their masters

then again namek had a few hundred people and still counted so dunno

I've always wanted the show to present the aliens that bought those planets anyway. such an awkward moment for everyone involved....maybe even a planet that Vegeta cleaned up and the corrupt aliens are all obsequious to him

He could have been selling planets with no sentient life, for resources.

oh good good

jstripes

Banned
We don't know what happened after Freeza's death. Maybe a bunch of populations tried to take his place and ended up killing each other.

But they only mentioned losing four planets in recent history.

The writers dug themselves into a hole on this. It's just one more thing I'm going to ignore, like timelines.

ElFly

there's a unseen space faring civilization in dragon ball cause

-Freeza had to be selling those planets -inhabited or not- to someone

-Jaco and the Galactic King have to rule over someone...and Earth is considered a backwater area for Jaco. on the other hand maybe the whole point is that the galactic king is a joke, but...Jaco still has access to a p advanced space ship

-Monaka is a delivery man in space who can even reach Beerus' planet. who the fuck does he work for. he also delivered to the planet of the sacred water but dunno if that counted, particularly now

wonder if Goku even met this unseen civilization, given he visited Yardrat. a civ able to teleport ... dunno if that sounds space faring. being able to teleport could easily hinder development of transportation tech, but then again, maybe not all the yardrats know how to do it and Goku lucked out

Erigu

But they only mentioned losing four planets in recent history.
And they actually mention Sadala, which should really be old history at this point. What about aaaall those other planets Freeza's guys ruined in the meantime, Whis?

It's just weird, and kinda unnecessary.

(That being said, Host Samurai is correct: it does indeed say that there aren't that many planets harboring intelligent life, in Jaco the Galactic Patrolman.)

ElFly

U7:

137ca9e2a4de70b11d0ae475997e8004.gif

Lol at Vegeta needing his wife's permission to fight. Bulma just had the quickest easiest child birth, they should really rent out Whis' child birth skills. Don't worry Yamcha nobody wants you...fucking half ass Leorio.

NeonZ

Well how many of those planets can be considered sentient? Can you call that planet with all the giant bugs intelligent beings? No. I think 28 would still cover GT.

And now what's the point of the Galatic Patrol when there are only 28 intelligent planets? WTF are they patrolling now? Their job and King Kais seem pointless. They should have said there are a few hundred planets at the very least.

There are only 38 Galactic Patrolers, and that's exactly due to the low number of planets with intelligent life according to what Jaco says in the 2nd chapter of his manga.

Best part was Beerus trying to pretend he didn't hear about the androids being manipulated on a cellular level.

And half saiyans and born with tails anymore?

botty

Banned
I almost turned the episode off because they kept shitting on Trunks and Goten.

-> Let us train!
-> No!

-> How about Trunks and Goten?
-> Nah, they don't have enough training.

Man watching Super and Kai back to back is super weird sometimes.

Like I'm watching Shin dealing with Elder Kai and his perverted antics, and then I'm watching Shin being presented as this potentially deadly threat, with Piccolo literally giving up before even fighting him.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

-> Let us train!
-> No!

Vegeta said that because his mind was on the baby, he was getting his priorities straight, notice how vegeta was paying extra attention to trunks when he expressed disappointment that he couldn't train and was reluctant to hold his sister, almost like a reflection of how vegeta essentially acted when trunks was born, ignoring him to go train

Ogodei

28 planets makes no sense because the Frieza Empire featured more than 28 species, i'm sure, if you counted up all the different background characters.

28 planets makes no sense because the Frieza Empire featured more than 28 species, i'm sure, if you counted up all the different background characters.
Assuming that's even true he could've just blown up or wiped out most of their planets and those aliens have no home worlds anymore, like Vegeta/Nappa/Raditz.

Shouta

-> Let us train!
-> No!

He didn't say they didn't have enough training at all. They fight too straight on. This tournament isn't about just beating your opponents, you need to throw people out so technique and trickiness are more important than pure strength, that's why they picked Roshi for it.

Dazza

The name Vegeta was thinking of for Bra, Echalotte, was a pun on shallot right? Going with the vegetable puns for the Saiyans.

If Frieza was really destroying that many planets, why they hell did Supreme Kai not do anything about it.

Was pretty much a greenhorn and also Beerus was asleep so his part of the deal wasn't upheld either.

Where was Vegeta's name revealed? I finished the episode disappointed that I never knew.

He said it to himself a few times.

Go to the part where Whis scolds Beerus about the use of Senzu Beans should be the scene right after.

angelic

Banned
Or Boo... who could have turned his opponent into a cookie, a few weeks ago, right? But I guess that wouldn't have been very satisfying...
Again, I think Dragon Ball has unfortunately written itself into a corner, when it comes to fights...

No killing.

Skii

Good episode imo

I think people need to accept they've effectively retconned the difference in strength Goku and Vegeta have when not using SSB so the rest of the cast are somewhat relevant in these types of arcs.

And the same is going to happen with the likes of Krillin being able to spar with Goku and Gohan. After what happened in the Future Trunks saga, I've kinda given up on any logical consistency in "power levels" between the cast.

Magwik

Banned
Looking back at the NEP Goku going SSB against Krillin looks like it's just that image battle thing Gohan and Goku did.
Remember:
XCpzPb.gif

Rutger

Banned
Looking back at the NEP Goku going SSB against Krillin looks like it's just that image battle thing Gohan and Goku did.
Remember:

He's been training since then, probably even more than four months worth, so he's good!

Step aside SSB, Krillin is gonna save the multiverse!

Aaron

-> Let us train!
-> No!

They would forget about the rules, fly, and be disqualified in the first minute. In a contest that isn't about pure strength, they're nothing but liabilities.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Good episode imo

I think people need to accept they've effectively retconned the difference in strength Goku and Vegeta have when not using SSB so the rest of the cast are somewhat relevant in these types of arcs.

And the same is going to happen with the likes of Krillin being able to spar with Goku and Gohan. After what happened in the Future Trunks saga, I've kinda given up on any logical consistency in "power levels" between the cast.
At this point if it means we get more than just the 'Goku and Vegeta' show I'm okay with it.

NeonZ

Earth by itself has humans, humanoid animals and monster-like people like Pillaf. Also, if you go just with the manga there aren't that many background characters.

Sec0nd

Feels like they are painting themselves into a corner with everything Super is doing.

- They have defeated an immortal being.
- They will soon have fought the strongest characters from all the Universes there are.
- There are only 28 planets left in our Universe.

Where can do go after this Arc? They will have fought every strong being in existence. Maybe Zeno will go mad and they will have to face him? Maybe the afterlife breaks and the strongest characters that will have ever lived will come back to life?

I dunno. They will think of something crazy story that will allow them to fight an even stronger character yet again. Which doesn't really excite me to be honest. The stories in Z never were that grounded in reality. But they never had that total bullshit crazyness that Super has.

I hope they will do something interesting like a Civil War-esk arc in the future. But we all know that won't happen.

Anth0ny

Feels like they are painting themselves into a corner with everything Super is doing.

- They will soon have fought the strongest characters from all the Universes there are.

Where can do go after this Arc? They will have fought every strong being in existence. Maybe Zeno will go mad and they will have to face him? Maybe the afterlife breaks and the strongest characters that will have ever lived will come back to life?

I dunno. They will think of something crazy story that will allow them to fight an even stronger character yet again. Which doesn't really excite me to be honest. The stories in Z never were that grounded in reality. But they never had that total bullshit crazyness that Super has.

I hope they will do something interesting like a Civil War-esk arc in the future. But we all know that won't happen.

there are 4 Zenos that watch over 4 different realms, each with their own sets of universes.

it's how dragon ball has always been. just when you think they've reached the top of the god hierarchy, they go even further beyond.

there are 4 universes that aren't participating in the tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom