• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Haven't used Firefox since like 3.5 or something. Chrome for me, as well as IE 10 build on Windows 8 (hate if you haven't used it and want to hate without being informed, but it's fucking blazing fast).
IE10 for Windows 8 is the worst UI design for a desktop computer application I've ever seen, including The Gimp

edit: and Chrome was still faster

Karl2177

Could someone link me to the video where Steitzer says assassination, please. I've missed this, and Dani/Ryaaan/Shadow/Tashi's description of it sounds hilarious.

Karl2177

Heckfu on the podcast:
"I think we should make it clear that Hypertrooper is German, and not retarded."

First time I have spit out my drink in a long time.

<3 thanks bro. And thanks Karl for being honest
No problem. Anyway, you deserve it for putting together the podcast. ;)

They all suck in their own way.

End user perspective for IE 10 (Desktop version):
-It's fast (the autocorrect works really well as someone that makes absurdly frequent typing mistakes)
-The UI is nice and simple

Nothing else matters.

Just to the podcast part where Tashi shits on Shadow. Lolz

m23

@Computron+Munish: I have no idea why I get disconnected during BTB. It's the ONLY time I ever get disconnected. Never happens in any other playlist or with any other game. SO. WEIRD. GG's though.

That's alright, shit happens. Atleast you didn't have to get driven off a cliff by Computron multiple times trying to capture a flag.

senador

Banned
End user perspective for IE 10 (Desktop version):
-It's fast (the autocorrect works really well as someone that makes absurdly frequent typing mistakes)
-The UI is nice and simple

Nothing else matters.

Just to the podcast part where Tashi shits on Shadow. Lolz

Heh. I'll just always hate IE and MS because of it. It's fine for you to like it though, obviously.

I hear 10 is better, but it doesn't matter much since so few people will have it until many years down the line. So it doesn't mean anything for devs at this point.

My brow will now be curiously lifted at you Steelyuhas. Haha!

Gonna get some podcast playing while I clean before bed. Excited for Ryaaaaaaan part, dude is hilarious.

Ryaaan14

Banned
ibz7jo89igWAlJ.gif

I was, and it's so bad. Also, I hate IE because you have to develop different versions for each of its versions

How so? (legit curious what is "so bad")

Heh. I'll just always hate IE and MS because of it. It's fine for you to like it though, obviously.

I hear 10 is better, but it doesn't matter much since so few people will have it until many years down the line. So it doesn't mean anything for devs at this point.

My brow will now be curiously lifted at you Steelyuhas. Haha!

You hate MS because you don't like IE? Come on, that is ridiculous, and we both know it.

All I know is that I have been a primary Chrome user for a while now, but when I installed the RP of Win 8, I fired up IE because I didn't have any other browser yet, and it works very well for an end user.

I say we stop derailing the thread though. :p

So is it safe to say you go third person when thrusting?

It's safe to say that you do not. That's just the third person for the assassination.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
lol funny story about the podcast.

Toward the end when Ryan is making his last point about armor unlocks, I type in the skype chat, "last point ryan, we gotta wrap this segment up"

Dani and Ryan both acknowledge. So Ryan is finishing his point and I'm about to get into the ending and Shadow says, "You wanna talk about Spartan Ops?" lolol I wanted to burst into laughter so bad.

Ryaaan14

Banned

Toward the end when Ryan is making his last point about armor unlocks, I type in the skype chat, "last point ryan, we gotta wrap this segment up"

Dani and Ryan both acknowledge. So Ryan is finishing his point and I'm about to get into the ending and Shadow says, "You wanna talk about Spartan Ops?" lolol I wanted to burst into laughter so bad.

I was wondering about that hahahahahahha

senador

Banned

You hate MS because you don't like IE? Come on, that is ridiculous, and we both know it.

All I know is that I have been a primary Chrome user for a while now, but when I installed the RP of Win 8, I fired up IE because I didn't have any other browser yet, and it works very well for an end user.

I say we stop derailing the thread though. :p

Edit: Bah, my big block of text just doesn't belong here, so I removed it.

Here's a link to it if you want to see it anyway.

Halo 4!

I just got to this point. Amazing.

This is the metro one, just to be clear. I've only really used IE9 recently, and even that had a bit of lag. I can't speak to the speed of non-metro 10 yet.

As for metro, it fills the entire screen, so you can't see the address bar, or any of the other tabs you have open. The only want to bring those up is to right click. So to switch to another tab, you right click, click on the tab, then click again to get the tab bar and address bar to go away. Stuff like that.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just realized I can use the d-pad for movement in Halo Anniversary. Feels weeeeird.

Also, what graphics mode do you guys normally play with in Anni? I used the fancy graphics on my first play through, but have stuck to classic mode ever since.

Top Bottom