• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitch9

Banned
Argh, I really want a Vita, but the battery life is :( and I usually wait for handheld revisions anyway. :/ I hope everyone enjoys their systems when they arrive.

Just so you know you might be waiting a while, seeing as no new advancements of battery tech are on the horizon.

Anyways 4-6 hours seems damn good?

Provider

I am only interested in Uncharted and Escape Plan... but I'm hyped!
I don't know what to do :'(

I guess I'm going for the Wi-Fi Version, a 16GB Memory Card, Uncharted (I can get it for US$30 using a BestBuy Gift Card), Escape Plan from PSN (SEN?) and Maaaaaybe Modnation Racers.

Importing all that from the US is cheaper than buying the barebones Wi-Fi Version here in Mexico.

This thing sooo needs a Granturismo game at launch...Sony'kicking themselves.

It has one:

Gran-Turismo-PSP-P5.jpg

That game probably has the most shocking disparity between quality of stills and quality of video. It's pretty stunning in motion to this day.

Going to have to disagree there. Got it free with the GT edition PSP3000 and the graphics were so much worse than I was expecting - doesn't help the game is a complete joke as well. Single race only? Pathetic.

Going to have to disagree there. Got it free with the GT edition PSP3000 and the graphics were so much worse than I was expecting - doesn't help the game is a complete joke as well. Single race only? Pathetic.
I was impressed by the fluid 60fps and the high-res car reflections, though the game itself was disappointing considering how long it'd been kept in the oven. But every other racing sim on PSP was basically a jittery, blurry, dithered mess.

nofi

I dont see how that can be fun. If I'm the type of dude that never, ever played arcade mode in the console versions should I steer clear?

Yep, it's basically Arcade mode with some time trials. The game is about collecting cars rather than a career, which put a lot of people off.

I loved it though.

Getting ready to preorder the following:

Vita WiFi
Wipeout 2048
Uncharted
Sony Official Pouch
Sony Official Screen protector
8gb Card

Should I do it GAF?

Kyoufu

I've said it before in the import thread but make sure you get a screen protector! You can put it on without any visible air bubbles. Definitely a must!

vmatix

Neo Member
Getting ready to preorder the following:

Vita WiFi
Wipeout 2048
Uncharted
Sony Official Pouch
Sony Official Screen protector

Should I do it GAF?

That's pretty much my setup too, except I already got a hori screen protector and a few other accessories. I'd suggest, do it !

Couldn't be more excited for the eu launch, just a couple of weeks to go.

YES!!!
What about a memory card, though?
And why not the Hori screen protector?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jEmsPSgaAY

Oh yeah, updated my post with an 8gb card
Only because i'm going off of experience and the Sony one they shipped with the PSPGo was fucking excellent. I mean, if you apply it right, you can't even tell the thing is on (O__O)

1234525508_ben_stiller_-_do_it.gif

If you're getting both a pouch and a screen protector you might want to consider the starter kit instead. It might be about the same price.

Sony Travel Pouch is a bit more substantial than the glove that comes with the starter kit (couldn't care less about them headphones), even though it looks like a shaving kit case lol
I mean, I would go with staple Hori stuff but i'm tired of waiting for shit to come from Play-Asia. Takes forever out here in Germany =/

ShdwDrake

Banned
PSVita Wifi
32GB Memstick
Hori Screen Protector
Case (Not decided yet)

At launch I'll get Uncharted and Rayman Origins. Also getting DH Alliance when the price goes down.

spectyre

Oh yeah, updated my post with an 8gb card
Only because i'm going off of experience and the Sony one they shipped with the PSPGo was fucking excellent. I mean, if you apply it right, you can't even tell the thing is on (O__O)

I second this. The Sony protector for my Go is fantastic. That is why I ordered the Sony protectors for my Vita.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I second this. The Sony protector for my Go is fantastic. That is why I ordered the Sony protectors for my Vita.
The overall impressions from using Sony protector were positive, so I don't really understand why people press for the Hori one so much.

Mognet

Got my Vita preorder since December along with Blazblue CS Extend. Can't wait! :D

The only game I'm interested in other than Blazblue is Gravity Daze but I'm confused when we'll be getting it. I'll probably import it aswell since over in PAL regions we will only be getting a digital version. ):

SmokyDave

I was impressed by the fluid 60fps and the high-res car reflections, though the game itself was disappointing considering how long it'd been kept in the oven. But every other racing sim on PSP was basically a jittery, blurry, dithered mess.
GT: PSP is easily the greatest handheld driving simulator ever to be released.

OK, it's in a class of one, but that's beside the point ;)

It's the first thing that I'll be installing and playing on my Vita.

Do all PSP games work on vita or is there a list of compatible titles?

GT: PSP is easily the greatest handheld driving simulator ever to be released.

OK, it's in a class of one, but that's beside the point ;)

It's the first thing that I'll be installing and playing on my Vita.

True
A shame it didnt have a career mode though.

Is it bad to say that the only launch game I have interest in is ridge racer and Phantasy star portable? oddball in the house

Never played gt psp too so i'd go for that if it's cheap enough on SEN

How big have Vita games been? How many am I going to get on a 16GB card?
Most launch titles are quiet small. Below is a list of the Japanese sizes. European games tend to be larger due to multilingual support. I'm also getting a 16 GB memory card and I think it'll be fine for my needs.

• AR Combat DigiQ - 220 MB
  • Army Corps of Hell - 598 MB
  • Asphalt Injection - 724 MB
  • BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend - 3180 MB
  • Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention - 1699 MB
  • Dream Club Zero - 2835 MB
  • Dungeon Hunter - 1057 MB
  • Dynasty Warriors - 1485 MB
  • Everybody's Golf 6 - 1100 MB
  • F1 - 1435 MB
  • Gyokugen Dasshutsu ADV: Zennin Shiboudes (demo) - 121 MB
  • Kyoukugen Dasshutsu: Zennin Shiboudesu - 693 MB
  • Little Deviants - 869 MB
  • Lord of Apocalypse - 1427 MB
  • Michael Jackson Experience - 1225 MB
  • Minna to Issho - 168 MB
  • Mojohng Fight Club - 793 MB
  • Monster Radar - 1640 MB
  • Ridge Racer - 561 MB
  • Shinobido 2 - 1057 MB
  • Touch my Katamari - 744 MB
  • Twitter App - 5760 KB
  • Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 1350 MB
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss - 2777 MB
  • Virtua Tennis 4 - 1241 MB

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Little over two weeks from the Euro launch and still nothing Vodafone in the UK about data packages or deals.

I saw on the EU playstation site that when you connect with Vodafone you'll get Wipeout 'free'. I think that might be a Europe-wide offer. It will apparently be sold in Vodafone stores too.

I would guess in terms of data plans it'll be the same as iPad - here in Ireland that means €20 prepaid for a 30-day 5GB plan.

But ala Italy, some countries might get other deals too...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is it bad to say that the only launch game I have interest in is ridge racer and Phantasy star portable? oddball in the house

Never played gt psp too so i'd go for that if it's cheap enough on SEN
You know you can't play Phantasy Star Portable on Vita yet, right?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
psp emulation, right?
That's not what I mean. All PSPs have been pulled from the store and the ETA of their comeback is TBA. I mailed Sega JP and got an answer saying that the problem is on Sony's side and they're working on the solution.

That's not what I mean. All PSPs have been pulled from the store and the ETA of their comeback is TBA. I mailed Sega JP and got an answer saying that the problem is on Sony's side and they're working on the solution.

oh right, well still a few weeks yet so fingers crossed.

Liamario

Banned
So far-
Vita Wi Fi
Starter Pack (PAL version)
Rayman Origins
Everybody's Golf
UMVC 3/Blazblue

Later-
Unit 13
Gravity Rush

Would love a shooter, but Uncharted GA is not going to be worth the money for me.

Should I get 16gb card for €50 with the voucher I have or import a 32gb for €70?

Phantasy Star Portable 2 was still available on the European PSN store this weekend. I considered picking it up, but it was a tad too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom