• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (2014, PC/NextGen): Game Informer March 2013 [Updated OP]

Who is that with Geralt? They have blonde/white hair so it can't be Triss and Yennefer has black hair

Another Witcher?

Aww shit

edit: they have a silver sword too

Nairume

Banned
Is that the Ciri or w/e chick? Isn't she some Mary Sue(lax use of the term)? She gets mentioned in a poem in The Witcher 1.
It's definitely Ciri, since that person is too small to be either Triss or Yenifer.

She's not really that much of a Mary Sue

But she did inherit a massive amount of magical power from her late mother

This is supposed to be an open world game so that would seem almost guaranteed. I would think at least.

What is this? Awesome.

Am I just rusty, or am I not supposed to know who Geralt is riding with?

It's definitely Ciri, since that person is too small to be either Triss or Yenifer.

She's not really that much of a Mary Sue

But she did inherit a massive amount of magical power from her late mother

I like.

Also, one of the other books is finally being translated/published, so something else to look forward to.

zkylon

zkylewd
So who's the blonde girl?

Or guy perhaps?

(Judging by the flowing hair on the hooded rider.)
A witcher I take it from the sword on the horse, certainly not raven haired Yennefer or Triss, but it does have sort of a female shape, sorta.

Are there even female witchers in the books?

mileS

as many have said... geralt with beard? GOTY inc :p

Female Witcher? interesting. I wonder if she will be playable. My guess is probably not, but that would be interesting.

Exuro

Oh man I cannot wait. Are we getting information soon or just the cover art?

EDIT: didn't realize the magazine was out now. Give me all the info.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Old Geralt.

Legendary Witcher.

One final mission.

JDSN

Banned
Ways to improve an already great character design= Give him a badass druid beard. At first glance it seems that the other character is a witcher since it has a silver blade but it seems he/she is carring Geralt's. Screw Ciri, I want Shani back. :/

Also, positive beard reception is important, guys, so keep it up. If it gets negative feedback they will change it, like bronze Geralt from early W2 media.

Hypron

A witcher I take it from the sword on the horse, certainly not raven haired Yennefer or Triss, but it does have sort of a female shape, sorta.

Are there even female witchers in the books?

I've only read the first 2 books but Ciri was trained like a witcher.

Nairume

Banned

Female Witcher? interesting. I wonder if she will be playable. My guess is probably not, but that would be interesting.

If it's Ciri, it's actually quite possible that she could be playable.

When Geralt "died", Ciri became one of the central characters of the Witcher stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
zireael_by_justanor-d58atyp.jpg

Wouldn't say no to this. (Ciri fan art)

That's definitely a silver sword, but it looks like Geralt is only wearing a steel sword. Maybe the horse is just carrying his sword? Also, someone remind me who Ciri is. Was she just mentioned in the books? I vaguely remember hearing the name Ciri, but I don't have a clue who she is.

Nairume

Banned

The books might have mentioned it, but the TV series had some. One of Geralt's mentors in the series was actually a female witcher.

He boned her

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That's definitely a silver sword, but it looks like Geralt is only wearing a steel sword. Maybe the horse is just carrying his sword?

Ciri had a sword:

"A gwyhyr is a splendid gnomish sword, regarded as the best in the world. The gnomes had ceased production of these weapons more than two hundred years before the events of the saga. Gwyhyrs were forged with "dark iron" which made the blades light and sharp as a razor. They were also characterized by their undulating edge and hide covered hilts.

Leo Bonhart wanted a sword for Ciri, and he had chosen a gwyhyr from the collection of a particularly dedicated swordsmith, Esterhazy. She named it "Jaskółka" (English: Swallow; Old Tongue: Zirael)."

Though it was steel.

Ok wow, the text is small. I don't want to miss anything good. Here's a small few things I got that I loved.

World supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim's
30-40 minutes to cross world on Horseback
New streaming technology (CDRED Engine 3)
Geralt's Memory is restored
No chapters/acts
Dude is fucking DONE fighting for everyone else
Everything from solving MYSTERIES to slaying monsters
Coming out on "all top-of-the-line" consoles - I'd say that confirms next-gen is in.

I'll be back with more.

Is it ok to post the screens from the mag, mods?

Hypron

Ok wow, the text is small. I don't want to miss anything good. Here's a small few things I got that I loved.

No chapters/acts
Coming out on "all top-of-the-line" consoles - I'd say that confirms next-gen is in.

I'll be back with more.

Wat

No chapters/acts

I'll be back with more.

Ahhhh yea, this shall fill the PC RDR void.

Top Bottom