• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

No, it's been said thousands of times. One witness who was possibly tampered with vs a mountain of facts. Read the thread, your position that you're posturing for has been done over and over again. Had you spent more than 2 minutes actually reading the details of this case you'd know that.

Everyone knows what your stance in when it comes to anything black. You indulge in self hate, and your posts consistently reflect it.

iammeiam

No, it's been said thousands of times. One witness who was possibly tampered with vs a mountain of facts. Read the thread, your position that you're posturing for has been done over and over again. Had you spent more than 2 minutes actually reading the details of this case you'd know that.

Everyone knows what your stance in when it comes to anything black. You indulge in self hate, and your posts consistently reflect it.

I also can't stand your fucking avatar, I just thought you should know.

Read the second half of his quote, though. This part:

What it also includes, though, according to this report, is an initial assessment of the situation as “manslaughter and unnecessarily killing to prevent an unlawful act,” according to the first police officer on the scene.

I don't remember discussion of an earlier police report calling the thing manslaughter in this thread (although I could have missed it), and I'm hoping that's the part he was talking about.

Onemic

The initial assessment by the first police officer on the scene perceiving the situation as being manslaughter and not self defense is new information isn't it? I assume he's talking about that.

It is filled with bullshit, where do you hear this?

Looks to come from here, originally. Written by Kyle Richards who is "a Conservative activist in South Carolina. He co-organized the 2006 Greenville, SC rally against the Lindsey Graham/Ted Kennedy sponsored amnesty bill. More than 1,000 people attended. The event helped launch the SC Tea Party movement. He has organized numerous other conservative protests."

It's worth noting that Martin's father has denied that he told police it was not his son's voice; he said he told them he did not know because the audio was not clear enough to tell when it was played to him by police. I can't find that article now, but it's been linked to in this thread way back.

Dabanton

I have to ask again. Has this 'John' guy been spoken to again he account seems to be very different from other witnesses who have come forward over the last couple of weeks.

Also although the report seems to be pushed as an all new revelation this report is from the day after the shooting when it was reported that police were allegedly trying to tell witnesses what they thought they saw..

I don't remember discussion of an earlier police report calling the thing manslaughter in this thread (although I could have missed it), and I'm hoping that's the part he was talking about.

The initial assessment by the first police officer on the scene perceiving the situation as being manslaughter and not self defense is new information isn't it? I assume he's talking about that.

ripclawe said:
So should I point out in the case of the kid the reason given by the guy which you can read in the pdf file in the same article was the child was on a busy street and he was concerned for his well being? Not about being suspicion

Or would that ruin the narrative that is built up here?

If you're familiar with Ripclawe, you know where he's going here. The article was linked because it provided contrast to the "narrative" according to him. The extra info just happened to be there. The manslaughter info is definitely new though.

I have to ask again. Has this 'John' guy been spoken to again he account seems to be very different from other witnesses who have come forward over the last couple of weeks.

Also although the report seems to be pushed as an all new revelation this report is from the day after the shooting when it was reported that police were allegedly trying to tell witnesses what they thought they saw..

According to a few articles posted here, the independent AG has his statements and I'm sure he'll be subpoenaed by the grand jury.

Dead Man

Looks to come from here, originally. Written by Kyle Richards who is "a Conservative activist in South Carolina. He co-organized the 2006 Greenville, SC rally against the Lindsey Graham/Ted Kennedy sponsored amnesty bill. More than 1,000 people attended. The event helped launch the SC Tea Party movement. He has organized numerous other conservative protests."

It's worth noting that Martin's father has denied that he told police it was not his son's voice; he said he told them he did not know because the audio was not clear enough to tell when it was played to him by police. I can't find that article now, but it's been linked to in this thread way back.

Thanks for the source. It has been reposted all over the place.

Onemic

If you're familiar with Ripclawe, you know where he's going here. The article was linked because it provided contrast to the "narrative" according to him. The extra info just happened to be there. The manslaughter info is definitely new though.

If it was indeed the former part of the statement he quoted then Ripclawe has to read the thread more, as that info was one of the earliest pieces of evidence posted.

IceCold

Can someone assemble a list of sources that clears up all the bullshit? I want to prove some people on another forum wrong and they are starting to piss me off with their racism.

bengraven

I'm only just now hearing about this despite living in Florida and having family down there.

I actually learned about it from a fairly racist picture on Facebook.

So I'm sorry if I haven't read all 40 pages, but let me see if I have this straight:

Zimmerman was following Martin, believing he was suspicious. Martin only had some iced tea and Skittles, but Zimmerman said he was acting like he was on drugs.

Zimmerman started running after Martin and at some point Martin started kicking his ass? So in self-defense Zimmerman shot Martin in the chest?

So Zimmerman is basically innocent because Martin at some point kicked his ass, despite:

1) Zimmerman harassing him
2) Zimmerman being the only one armed
3) both of them not being on Zimmerman's property (so no castle defense)
4) no one knowing who threw the first punch?

verbum

Is this getting to be as big as the OJ case?
Hopefully, the AG will issue a statement this next week.
Hopefully Zimmerman will at least be charged.
And I was earlier giving the benefit of the doubt to the police department. It looks like they blew this investigation big time. I hope they do get a new chief who can straighten them out.

I'm only just now hearing about this despite living in Florida and having family down there.

I actually learned about it from a fairly racist picture on Facebook.

So I'm sorry if I haven't read all 40 pages, but let me see if I have this straight:

Zimmerman was following Martin, believing he was suspicious. Martin only had some iced tea and Skittles, but Zimmerman said he was acting like he was on drugs.

Zimmerman started running after Martin and at some point Martin started kicking his ass? So in self-defense Zimmerman shot Martin in the chest?

So Zimmerman is basically innocent because Martin at some point kicked his ass, despite:

All that we actually know for now is that an unarmed kid was shot in the chest by an armed man. Conflicting stories so far as to exactly what happened, but we also know that the shooter has a history of weirdly overzealous police calling and self appointed vigilantism.

We also know the cops initially "no charged" the shooter, but have enough of a suspect history as a police department as to call into question their impartiality and professionalism.

Lots of media and internet attention means a thorough investigation, which is the best possible outcome regardless of what we all personally believe may have actually happened between the two.

All that we actually know for now is that an unarmed kid was shot in the chest by an armed man. Conflicting stories so far as to exactly what happened, but we also know that the shooter has a history of weirdly overzealous police calling and self appointed vigilantism.

We also know the cops initially "no charged" the shooter, but have enough of a suspect history as a police department as to call into question their impartiality and professionalism.

Lots of media and internet attention means a thorough investigation, which is the best possible outcome regardless of what we all personally believe may have actually happened between the two.

We know he exited his vehicle after stalking the kid despite dispatch telling him not to.

iammeiam

Zimmerman's official statement has mutated to become he was on his way back to his truck when Martin jumped him from behind. The police report was edited to include mention of a bloody nose and... something on his back (grass stains, although on report said a head-wound.) This does not match up with what we eventually learned from the girl Martin was on the phone with immediately before the shooting, but it is why things were initially framed as self-defense.

Very few people actually believe Zimmerman's story at this point, and there's the one wildcard witness who claims Martin was winning the fight before he got shot vs everyone else saying he was losing and screaming for help, which causes lots of argument, but... yeah.

This is a pretty good summary page.

Ripclawe

Banned

Yes since it wouldn't make sense to post a part already known. The narrative is there is police coverup which would work except for the part it seems now the report called it an unlawful killing. Combine that with earlier hysteria about stand your ground law that even the lawyer knows would be an awful defense the narrative holes are starting to appear.

As for the personal attack, as I have said before in other threads don't confuse being black with a subculture that some think defines being black that I personally find it to be demeaning, culturally harmful and a cancer to the black community overall.

bengraven

I think unless state or federal get more involved in this it will be buried. I don't want to be that guy, but I think it's pretty obvious the police are trying to cover up some of this, if not all of it.

What's worse is that the witnesses all seem to be conflicted. I don't think it's possible to hear the truth without someone showing bias one way or the other.

Also, this nonsense about hoodies. I admit, the only times I've ever got stopped by police while walking was when I had a hoodie up...the officers would then basically leave me be within a couple of seconds...probably because I'm white.

I think unless state or federal get more involved in this it will be buried. I don't want to be that guy, but I think it's pretty obvious the police are trying to cover up some of this, if not all of it.

What's worse is that the witnesses all seem to be conflicted. I don't think it's possible to hear the truth without someone showing bias one way or the other.

Also, this nonsense about hoodies. I admit, the only times I've ever got stopped by police while walking was when I had a hoodie up...the officers would then basically leave me be within a couple of seconds...probably because I'm white.

You probably ought to read the thread a bit more. The locals are not in control anymore.

FBI, DOJ and Jackson/Sharpton are now involved, nothing is getting buried.

Onemic

Yes since it wouldn't make sense to post a part already known. The narrative is there is police coverup which would work except for the part it seems now the report called it an unlawful killing. Combine that with earlier hysteria about stand your ground law that even the lawyer knows would be an awful defense the narrative holes are starting to appear.

As for the personal attack, as I have said before in other threads don't confuse being black with a subculture that some think defines being black that I personally find it to be demeaning, culturally harmful and a cancer to the black community overall.

I don't believe anyone was going down that road.

asdad123

I hope everyone on that police force gets fucking fired for covering all this shit up. This is some straight up bullshit that's happening.

Dram

I'm notsomuch thinking it was a coverup as it was laziness, callousness, and taking Zimmerman at his word.

What bothers me the most is that it seems like the police didn't even try to id Trayvon after the shooting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trayvon_Martin#Missing_persons_report

The morning after the incident, Tracy Martin called missing persons and the police to report his son as missing. Officers were dispatched to the home, where they showed the father a crime scene photograph of Martin for identification purposes. Martin's body had been taken to the medical examiner's office as a John Doe.

Zoe

Who gives a shit they could still inform people that they tried.

But what could they have done? You can't just go knocking on every door in the neighborhood, "sir, is this your dead son?"

As in you need a password to unlock it. Plenty of people don't have their phones password protected, so I don't know why zoe is acting like this is a given. And what devo said.

Sorry, every single person I know with a smart phone locks their phone. And I don't know any teenagers these days that don't have smart phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom