• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New Wii U controller (analog sticks)?

AzaK

I said it in the speculation thread and I will say it here, too...
I'm probably the only man here mourning the loss of slide pads.
But if it appeases those of you allergic to change, so be it, I suppose.
Can't say I dislike the rest of the changes made to it, though.

My only experience with slide pads is the 3DS and I find them "not too bad". For gaming I think I'd prefer sticks, but I do think it looks worse now. I sort of liked the low profile pads.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
lSkC2.jpg

^^^

I was looking at the detailed design patents for the faceplate of the wuc designs and it confirmed my guesstimate that the face buttons have gotten significantly larger:

sK3bQ.jpg

Also, the d-pad is bit bigger too...

DH6ip.jpg

Another observation is that there really isn't any room for Nintendo to move the controls cloer into the screen. Looking at the diagram, they are already right up to the edge where the screen cutout begins. Seems like the touchscreen takes up a ~1/2 an inch on either side.

* Note - this all assumes the dimensions of the screen size, sensor bar and over height of the unit are the same. That's how I aligned the sizes of the two images.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Top Bottom