• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

Afrikan

is there a realistic mod like this for Just Cause 2? or are the city portions not as detailed enough compared to GTA4 to even try?

Retro

People attempting to pass this off as GTA5 on the WiiU in 3...2...1...

Seriously though, very impressive work, right up until nighttime... then it became amazing.

Enkidu

Ceebs said:
So is it possible to run this at a steady 30 FPS on current high end hardware? Or will it still stutter on sandy bridge+580?
The modder who made the video uses a 5750, so I imagine it is more than possible to get a decent framerate with a 580.

Van Buren

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Anyone with a GTX 580 tried this? What does it run like?
Disabled my other card and ran around the block near Niko's apartment. Ranged from 32 to 55 fps depending on the complexity of the scene. This is with the settings maxed, all sliders around 75 @ 1050p and highly detailed car mods installed. The 580 is overclocked to 932/1864/2100.

DR2K

Banned
While it looks nice, especially the night time sequence, a lot of you are over exaggerating a bit. I have much higher expectations of what a generational leap should look like, I guess.

plc268

DR2K said:
While it looks nice, especially the night time sequence, a lot of you are over exaggerating a bit. I have much higher expectations of what a generational leap should look like, I guess.

Perhaps...

The best stuff of a new generation doesn't come at the beginning of that gen anyway. What has been presented here is leaps and bounds better than 95% of stuff out now.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Oh my god. That blue car scene made me want a driver 1/2 remake so hard

Looks amazing

Dibbz

wow looks like transformers the game. Amazing. The GTA modding community has made some unbelievable stuff.

Gram Negative Cocci said:
Hard to say what would be more demanding. Besides if we want GTA to be "realistic": how would one bring down a whole skyscraper. It doesn't really happen in real-life...

ahem...

towers.jpg

Red

Jtwo said:
Sweet mother of god! That looks AMAZING.
If I ever replay GTA4, I want to do it this way.

And this is all settings based? Where did he get the audi?
I'm assuming that's why I've had so much trouble getting mods to work.

Luckily for me I also own the game on D2D. Time to download.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Darklord said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEHtzSz8FT0
http://i.imgur.com/EZJHI.jpg

That looks incredible. The lighting is amazing especially when it gets to night. The car models look fantastic too. I actually want to buy GTA4 on PC now and try it out...maybe I should wait until I get my new card though.[/QUOTE]

so on a scale from 3 to 15 what are the chances that next gen of consoles can do something like this?

Haunted

Looks crazy good.

The modding community delivers again. Really impressive.

Crossing my fingers that the next generation of consoles can achieve graphics close to this level.

I feel like people who went "PS360 is good enough for me" just got slapped in the face. :lol

Totobeni said:
so on a scale from 3 to 15 what are the chances that next gen of consoles can do something like this?

now if only they could tesselate everything (or parallax map stuff), and get some crysis trees in the mix it'd be set.

Eit: He should really remake the koyaanisqatsi trailer using his mod, then compare it to the original.

Mr_Brit

Banned
To people sceptical about this running on next gen consoles:

The guy who made the video ran this on a Mac with a 5750. To put that in perspective, even the Wii U should be able to easily do what was in the video, never mind the next Sony and MS consoles.

Suairyu

Banned
Goddamn this looks amazing. So much better than ENB. ENB made all the whites overblown and jacked the colour saturation up way too high. It looked far worse than vanilla. Just look at this shit:
DennisK4 said:

AA aside, it looks terrible.

But this looks incredible. Incredibly true-to-life in a way those Gran Turismo 5 super-renders on certain tracks are. Love it. When I upgrade past a dual core, I'll check this out.

scitek

nextgeneration said:
I just have to lol at the people who think we are at a point where we are at a diminishing return in graphics. Simply amazing.

I had thought that myself until I played the ENB mod for GTA4, The Witcher 2, and most recently with the DX11 patch for Crysis 2. Just some fucking crazy shit going on with graphics these days. I mean, CG cutscenes 6 years ago didn't look as good as some of this in-game stuff.

Saren is Bad said:
Mates, i7 @ 4.5, SLI 580, any issues before I buy the fuck out of this?

Looks amazing. I want 60 fps.

You're just being a smartass, right?

Oh nm, you want 60fps. I wouldn't expect it, even with that rig.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Suairyu said:
Goddamn this looks amazing. So much better than ENB. ENB made all the whites overblown and jacked the colour saturation up way too high. It looked far worse than vanilla. Just look at this shit:

AA aside, it looks terrible.
Yeah I gotta agree, ENB before this point usually turned out ugly as shit results. Kinda blows my mind that some real good came of it.

scitek said:
I had thought that myself until I played the ENB mod for GTA4, The Witcher 2, and most recently with the DX11 patch for Crysis 2. Just some fucking crazy shit going on with graphics these days. I mean, CG cutscenes 6 years ago didn't look as good as some of this in-game stuff.

Yup, and graphics will only continue to get better. Diminishing return in graphics = LOL. We have a long way to go before that happens.

Wazzim

Banned
Draft said:
So just like the console versions.
I think he was joking with that sub 30 FPS part, the mod is just some Day of Time settings and a couple of extra effects added. That's not going to bring a 570 to it's knees.

Sethos

Banned
Wazzim said:
I think he was joking with that sub 30 FPS part, the mod is just some Day of Time settings and a couple of extra effects added. That's not going to bring a 570 to it's knees.

Funny, it's bringing my 5970 to its knees because there's new shaders! It's not just a few colours and some bloom people. The reflection also takes a massive toll on the system, most of those 'photorealistic' screenshots you see, the reflection count has been ramped up big-time, beyond playable levels. Don't get fooled people, just because it's running on lower end machines, doesn't mean it's playable or enjoyable.

Top Bottom