• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think Anthem will get a downgrade graphically?

Kssio_Aug

It was supposedly shown on Xbox X, so I don't know cause I find it hard to say how powerful XBX really is without being on the market. If DF was right comparing it to a PC with GTX 1070 than I'm pretty sure that quality is achievable (frostbite is pretty impressive).

I totally doubt PS4 / XB1 can do it though, they will much certainly suffer a good downgrade compared to this.

??? I can't prove anything, and we know E3 trailers are sometimes false representations. We should be skeptical until we see gameplay running on hardware outside of the E3 trailer.

I didn't ask that I asked WHAT DO YOU THINK? Do you think they're lying or not?

Ehker

I didn't ask that I asked WHAT DO YOU THINK? Do you think they're lying or not?

I said "You should still question it, even if you love the brand" and never made a claim about if it's real. I can't say if they're lying or not, but there's reason to question E3 trailers. Why are we going in circles on this?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Well yea. Like.... yes. Of course.

Won't matter if they actually built what they say they did with this open world and stuff...but yes of course. The question is how much...

borges

Banned
All the people saying YES are deciding to omit the fact that the game was shown running on an Xbox One X for some reason?

120v

All the people saying YES are deciding to omit the fact that the game was shown running on an Xbox One X for some reason?

yeah but the game still has to scale down to a bare minimum.

i dunno, really depends on how big each area is. could be uncharted territory for frostbite or not too off the mark from what's been done before. but you have to remember this will be made for hardware from 2013

i dunno, really depends on how big each area is. could be uncharted territory for frostbite or not too off the mark from what's been done before. but you have to remember this will be made for hardware from 2013

So did battlefront though and it's the best looking game on any platform.

anothertech

Frostbite. So no. Not on PC.

Tbh, could be a graphical upgrade by end of next year (on pc). Ps5 version should look fairly amazing ;)

KillLaCam

Banned
Oh man, I haven't seen the comparisons yet.

I am itching for the game to launch almost solely because I want to see what the peeps in the PC screenshot thread do with it this time...

There was a short alpha in the beginning of the month but they wouldn't let people share anything . I only have a 1060 but the environments are a HUGE step up imo. I cant wait to see what it would look like on a high end rig.

Btkls3XCQAAIyxq.jpg

120v

So did battlefront though and it's the best looking game on any platform.

like i said it depends on scale... most are under the assumption this is about Destiny sized open areas going through the hub fairly seamlessly. if that's the case i don't see battlefront being comparative

Dante83

Banned
Maybe the base consoles will get a downgrade in some areas. PS4 pro might be a lower res checkerboarding, and XBX is also checkerboard, but at a higher res. It could be that way.

bede-x

Of course. Looked like a typical blown up vertical slice demo that's far ahead of where the game actually is right now and where it'll ever be in the future.

borges

Banned

Well, yes, I expect PSP4PRO, Xbox One and PS4 to scale down, but thats OK. The presentation clearly stated that was the 1X version.

lmao I'm done...

To be fair, he did say that he wanted to believe earlier just that he is going to remain skeptical for now.

like i said it depends on scale... most are under the assumption this is about Destiny sized open areas going through the hub fairly seamlessly. if that's the case i don't see battlefront being comparative

I was referring to how games scale between systems and how this impacts how good a game can look on better hardware.

The lower end has been holding everything back, but this doesn't stop some multiplatform games from looking mindblowing.

I gave battlefront as an example because like anthem it uses frostbite and IMO it's the best looking released game atm and it is also a multiplatform game that scales across many variations of hardware including the base consoles you where talking about.

Everyone has a right to be skeptical though, I am as well since what we've seen is supposed to be open world at this fidelity.

Though new progressions in gaming tech happen all the time and this is a huge AAA company we are talking about who are more likely than others to have the $ to develop some sort of breakthrough.

If this was coming from a smaller dev under a smaller company I would be infinitely more skeptical than I already am.

IMO, we are going to see a lot more of this kind of stuff. Larger upfront $ investments in these games. Because a good GAAS game is something that these companies are salivating for since they have seen how it brings in the $ in the long run. It makes sense for them to invest more initially since they are intended to be supported for many years. Building a good base that can be updated easily will pay off in the end. Making sure the game looks good so that it holds up years from now is also important.

Yeah unless magic it's probably pc footage no way that can run on consoles unless they hired Naughty Dog or something lol.

Dude it's already confided using checkerboard 2160P on Xbox one x. I can see it's going to be hard for people to accept certain things, but this console has more than enough power to pull what was shown in that footage.

Probably the game won't look exactly the same. It's still 1.5 years off after all.

My question is, will it be more of a downgrade, or a side grade? Surely not an upgrade right?

Also, I'd be interested to know what people would consider a downgrade. Literally any deviance from what we have seen? What would you consider an upgrade and not a side grade?

Head.spawn

If you are using a PS4 or an XBO, I wouldn't expect it to look like that.

With a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X? Yeah, give or take creative changes.

anothertech

Is there a single Frostbite game that has had downgrades this gen? I can't find any with a quick search.

I know battlefront was called out before release, but it ended up being upgraded lol.

ZeoVGM

Banned

You and I both know how this industry works. Doesn't matter what they say.

And it will likely look very similar, if not the same, on the Pro. Count on it.

Peterthumpa

No, at least on Xbox One X and PS4 Pro.
Horizon is out and shows that this level of graphical detail in retail games is already very real and possible.

Top Bottom