• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 - Necromancer Pack - June 27th - $14.99

Draft

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20845159/rise-of-the-necromancer-pack-arrives-june-27-6-20-2017

Necro beta is fun, but this seems expensive. The value proposition of games is completely screwed up in my head. I can't shake the feeling that an expansion pack is basically a pseudo sequel that costs $30, even though that hasn't been true for a decade. $15, quarter the price of a whole new game, for a character class and some QOL features.

Q. What is the Rise of the Necromancer pack?
A. The Rise of the Necromancer pack is a purchasable content pack coming to Diablo III: Reaper of Souls and Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition.

Q. What is included in the Rise of the Necromancer pack?
A. In addition to full access to the Necromancer class in both Campaign and Adventure modes, the Rise of the Necromancer pack includes additional exclusive digital items:

Non-combat pet
A pair of cosmetic wings
New Necromancer-themed Banner Shape, Sigil, and Accent
Necromancer Portrait Frame
Pennant
Two additional character slots
Two additional stash tabs*
*This item not available on console (Ed. - Perhaps Scorpio will have the power to handle these new stash tabs.)

Q. What about all the other features coming in Patch 2.6.0?
A. Challenge Rifts, The Shrouded Moors zone, Temple of the Firstborn zone, and the Realms of Fate are all free content—if you own the Reaper of Souls expansion pack, they are available for play without any additional purchases.

Q. When will the pack be available for purchase?
A. The pack will be available for purchase on June 27, 2017, after maintenance has completed in your region.

Note: For PlayStation 4 in Japan, while the patch will be available on the morning of June 27, the Rise of the Necromancer pack and Eternal Collection will not be available until later that evening. Until the product is available, you may encounter an error reading ”Product Not Available" during the first 12-hour window of the patch.

Q. How much will the pack cost?
A. The Rise of the Necromancer pack will cost $14.99 USD in North America. For regional pricing, please see your regional Diablo website.

Q: How do I purchase the Rise of the Necromancer pack?
A: For PC, you will be able to purchase both directly through a new in-game store front or via the Blizzard Shop. For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, you'll want to purchase through the PlayStation™ Store or the Xbox One Store respectively.

Q: Will there be a box release for the Rise of the Necromancer?
A: As this is digital content and not an expansion, the Rise of the Necromancer pack will not be available as a physical product.

Q: What is the Diablo III: Eternal Collection?
A: Players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will have the opportunity to purchase an all-in-one package in the Eternal Collection. This bundle includes both the Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition and the Rise of the Necromancer pack, and will be available at a special introductory price of $39.99 USD (reg. $59.99 SRP).

Q. Will the Rise of the Necromancer pack be available for play at midnight?
A. No. The Rise of the Necromancer pack requires Patch 2.6.0 to be installed; after maintenance has completed in your region, you'll be able to purchase and access the Rise of the Necromancer pack.

Q: When will maintenance begin?
A:
PC
NA/SA/ANZ: 10:00 a.m. PDT
EU: 11:00 p.m. CEST
KR/TW: (June 29) 2:00 a.m. KST
CN: (June 29) 5:00 a.m. CST

Console
All except JPN: 8:00 a.m. PDT
JPN: (June 28) 12:00 p.m. JST

Q: How long will maintenance last?
A: Maintenance typically lasts between one to two hours; however, this is a variable that can change on short notice. Keep up to date by following @BlizzardCS for any emergency maintenance messaging.

Q. Where can I learn more about the Necromancer class?
A. We've released several informational blogs, which are linked below! In addition, keep your eyes on our front page for more news, media, and content as our release date draws nearer.

Necromancer Q&A Livestreams (Jan. 26 | May 2)
Necromancer Skill Overview
The Journey Begins—Necromancer Cinematic Reveal
Unearth New Rewards with the Rise of the Necromancer Pack!
First Look: Necromancer Set & Legendary Items

The patch is free, all that QOL stuff everyone gets, the new class is what you are paying for. It's not trivial to add a new class to the game, I don't think £12.99 is an extortionate amount of money to ask for it either.

Seiru

Banned
If people buy it, then it's not too much money to charge. I know I'll probably be getting it day one, it'll breath some new life into the game, at least for a while.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
15$ for one character and no extra Act(not asking for anything big like Act V, could have been a short one) or Mode or anything feels like a slap in the face.

A shame, I would have loved to try the Necromancer.

Compare it to Diablo II: the expansion was $30 (for a $50 game), with two classes and a 25% longer game. Nowadays that expansion would be $40.

This gets you a third of the content of that expansion, for about the same price. Doesn't seem too badly out of whack to me.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Surprised it's not $20 tbh. $15 for 1 class certainly isn't a bargain, but It's not so high that I'm like offended by it.

Played it during beta; it's very fun. I loved 2 of the 4 sets. (Pets and bones tornado)

But the Beta made it super easy to gear up.

No sure I'll have the time / strength to farm Diablo 3 the regular ways all over again.

15 quid to play the same content for the 20th time...no thanks Blizz.

That's why it's optional, if you don't want to play this character class you just ignore the purchase and play Diablo as normal. Unless you aren't playing it anymore and were never going to purchase this anyway you can just let it go and it can never affect your life.

Manu

Q: What is the Diablo III: Eternal Collection?
A: Players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will have the opportunity to purchase an all-in-one package in the Eternal Collection. This bundle includes both the Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition and the Rise of the Necromancer pack, and will be available at a special introductory price of $39.99 USD (reg. $59.99 SRP).

Looks like I'm buying Diablo 3 again.

cakely

I know this has been coming down the pipe for a while, but the 27th is soon.

I'm in. I'm sure it will be great.

Dreavus

should have included an exclusive Overwatch skin to make real money off this

Honestly? It probably would. People get crazy about OW skins. Necromancer themed OW Reaper skin with purchase. Boom!

I don't think they've delved into straight cross over rewards other than icons/sprays though (not counting nexus challenge stuff) although I could see them doing something for destiny 2.

Forward

The game is how old now? Six years? The Necromancer class is how old now? Twenty years? Necro indeed. $15 for a two decades old retooled class running the same old content? WoW.

Ooccoo

I'm waiting for Diablo 4. Gave up on 3, the numbers become meaningless, same with 500+ paragon levels and grinding.

RPGCrazied

Nope. Should have just gave us an expansion pack. This reeks of something from an expansion pack that was canceled and this is the leftovers.

I just reinstalled this on my ps4.

giphy.gif

Won

I really wish Blizzard would have just done a full expansion. At this point in the game though it might be too late.

Reading what else comes with the update, yeah, that's where I'm standing. Would have rather had a full expansion than the random scattershots of content we got over time. I already dread Diablo 4's take on "games as a service".

John_B

It's a bit hard to get excited for the remaining scraps of a cancelled expansion. The price is okay though.

They should release a Diablo 4 teaser alongside the pack just to get everyone fired up.

Matty77

I'm actually looking forward to this. Sure it's a little pricey but considering I have only spent 45 dollars total between my PS3 copy then PS4 upgrade 15 only brings my paid total up to the 60 dollars original retail vanilla cost so I can eat the cost.

Looking forward to both Necro and character slots.

Also whether paid for the class or not looking forward to the patch, challenge rifts could be great if they curate it well.

I would pay $15 if this included a new area. Something as small as a little story area that adds some necromancer lore to the mix.

Value proposition isn't there. A character class seems like it should be no more than $0.99 compared to the base content value.

13ruce

Banned
Day one.
I love Diablo 3 and haven't played it for 2-3 years will play again after this is out.

The gameplay looks cool of the Necromancer.
Game must have been improved heavily with the patches i missed.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Value proposition isn't there. A character class seems like it should be no more than $0.99 compared to the base content value.
Thats funny since char building is the best thing you can do in diablo.

That 15 bucks is an easy 500+ hour content

I played the Necro in the beta a few weeks ago, it was fun. I liked the Skeleton build, but I don't feel like buying this just to play the same content over and over (yeah yeah new tilesets, but still).

I'll be very honest. I redownloaded Diablo III yesterday, but I'm at a point where the grind makes me feel like an old man sitting in front of slots.

My character is overpowered and so is my brother's. Not that I'm complaining, but I see no reason to start a new character and I like my current character with 100+ hours of leveling up and grinding. I see no reason to switch to Necromancer nor do the new additions excite me. It's to the point where micromanaging is more complicated and time consuming than playing.

Maybe when it's $5 on sale at the end of the year...

Top Bottom