• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

antitrop

Probably. On the flip side RE4 is one of the few games that's truly 15-20 hours the first time, and we do know the game has been in development for four years, so guess we'll see.

It doesn't matter much for me as I know me and I always take longer than the expected time as I explore things and take my time through things.

I just played through RE4 for the first time since it came out on the GameCube, and it took me 18 hours. 18 fucking amazing, perfectly paced hours. I was also impressed by the length of The Last of Us, which also clocks in nicely right under 20 hours.

LeleSocho

Banned
a_word_from_the_director.jpg

Mikami is so boss.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Hope it's good. I really want to race my new computer with it once it drops!

I hope the Launch Trailer for The Evil Within does the same thing that all horror games seem to do at some point by having a dissonant peaceful or wistful or melancholy slow song playing over scenes of intensity and misery.

Begaria

Man. It's going to be hard waiting for this game. I'm thinking of picking it up on PS4, when I buy a PS4 in February, instead of PC. Why not PC? It's a five year old PC using a AMD card - Evil Within probably isn't going to run as well as I want it to.

Edit: Ehhhhh, I might be alright. Maybe I'll wait for some benchmarks.

antitrop

I hope the Launch Trailer for The Evil Within does the same thing that all horror games seem to do at some point by having a dissonant peaceful or wistful or melancholy slow song playing over scenes of intensity and misery.
If anything, it would be Clair de Lune. They've used it in trailers before and it's the song that plays when you're in a save room.

I fucking love Clair de Lune.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I just played through RE4 for the first time since it came out on the GameCube, and it took me 18 hours. 18 fucking amazing, perfectly paced hours. I was also impressed by the length of The Last of Us, which also clocks in nicely right under 20 hours.
Really? I beat TLoU is 13 hours I think.

If anything, it would be Clair de Lune. They've used it in trailers before and it's the song that plays when you're in a save room.

I fucking love Clair de Lune.

Funny story abou the song... we have a baby swing for our daughter and it has music that plays, and well... guess what song is included....YEAH! Everytime it pops on I think of THE EVIL WITHIN lol.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
preordered, should receive it next week. can't wait, and I was also able to go into media blackout!

sphinx

the piano man
I am SOOOO close to jumping in and buying a PS4 for this...

if reviews and GAF impressions declare this game is the true heir to freaking resident evil 4, I am going to RUN to the fucking store, so hyped.

Scoot2005

Banned
Fuck. Alien: Isolation tomorrow and The Evil Within next week! I think my damn heart is going to explode.

Edit - Can someone please TEW my avi please? Thanks in advance followed by more thanks afterwards.

Edit 2 - The thanks do not involve sex, money or drugs. Sorry. LOL.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
do games like this typically preload on PS4? If so, when?

Luminaire

why do I have the feeling like this game will raise the bar & change gaming forever the same way resident evil 4 and vanquish did.

Thanks nightwing.

While Vanquish was great, how did it change gaming forever? (Only asking in comparison to what RE4 did for/to the industry.) I'd love to see more games that took a page from Vanquish's book.

Also I might want my avatar TEW-ed up. Maybe.

Jinjo

Pretty much going in blind on this one, have kept myself almost in the dark. Buying this because it's Mikami and survival horror. So excited.

Luminaire

do games like this typically preload on PS4? If so, when?

I don't believe it'll be preload for PS4. Possibly a marketing thing with Xbox since it's up for preload on XB1.

This is from June but it's the only thing I found about PS4 preloads.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/18/pre-order-pre-load-upcoming-ps4-games/

Battlefield Hardline
Battlefield Hardline Deluxe Edition
Bloodborne
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Destiny
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe Edition
Far Cry 4
inFAMOUS First Light
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
LittleBigPlanet 3
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
The Order: 1886
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

Scoot2005

Banned
Pretty much going in blind on this one, have kept myself almost in the dark. Buying this because it's Mikami and survival horror. So excited.

I've watched most of the trailers. Be excited. Really fucking excited. True survival horror is back. From what I've seen.... This is RE4 mixed with Silent Hill in all their respective glory.

Luminaire

Interesting. Alien isn't on that list, but it preloaded. I guess we'll wait and see.

Yeah, it's a fairly outdated list. It's all I could find in the quick moment I took to search for TEW Preload. If I see anything I'll post it here for you.

Jinjo

I've watched most of the trailers. Be excited. Really fucking excited. True survival horror is back. From what I've seen.... This is RE4 mixed with Silent Hill in all their respective glory.

Oh man... That sounds amazing. I'm gonna try and stay in the dark as much as possible to make the impact that much higher, expecting to be blown away.

I played this at London EGX and the frame rate was effing horrible. Anyone who has the game already, 1) How? 2) What's the frame rate like?

Also, anyone know any good deals on where I can pick this up? (UK)

Lucent

I don't believe it'll be preload for PS4. Possibly a marketing thing with Xbox since it's up for preload on XB1.

This is from June but it's the only thing I found about PS4 preloads.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/18/pre-order-pre-load-upcoming-ps4-games/

It will. If you go on the PS4 store it shows preload on 10/12.

PS4 games usually don't allow preload until 2 days before the game is out.

Also it says on the PS4 store that it'll unlock at midnight EST. =D

Nice OT! I'll be looking forward to reading everyone's impressions while I wallow for a 1-2 months before I'll actually be able to play it :'(

Scoot2005

Banned
Oh man... That sounds amazing. I'm gonna try and stay in the dark as much as possible to make the impact that much higher, expecting to be blown away.

I'm kinda freaked out because I'll be playing Alien: Isolation this week and TEW next week. Don't know if I can take it and I love horror.

Luminaire

It will. If you go on the PS4 store it shows preload on 10/12.

PS4 games usually don't allow preload until 2 days before the game is out.

Also it says on the PS4 store that it'll unlock at midnight EST. =D

Thank you for proving me wrong =D

I'm going retail personally.

Top Bottom