• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the consensus on a guy wrapping long shirt or jacket around waist?

No one should have called you a homo, because that's a shit thing to say.

The coat is going to look silly though. Sorry dude.

It's not a very popular aesthetic decision anymore because of the increased availability of breathable fabrics. If the weather is too hot for a jacket, don't wear one. If you can't decide between a short sleeved shirt or a long sleeved shirt, wear linen, seersucker, or breathable cotton instead of heavy cotton or flannel. You can also try wearing lighter colours in general if you want to absorb less heat.

(And bro, stop hanging out with whatever dumbass frat boys thought calling you a "homo" was appropriate, or that being a "homo" was a bad thing. Seriously, it's not 2003 and you're not in middle school.)

So you're telling me the fucking millennials also killed tying a coat around your waist. When will this sesnseless death end?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Waist, OK. Around your shoulders, not OK.

KejT7Bb.jpg

It fits the preppy/jock bully so well though!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So you're telling me the fucking millennials also killed tying a coat around your waist. When will this sesnseless death end?

Just a recap, Gen Xers:
- Thought Joy Division was actually good
- Thought David Foster Wallace was actually readable
- Thought the mid 90s were actually a period of existential angst
- Thought "the Rachel" was actually a groundbreaking haircut
- Are extremely mad that Kids These Days wear no-show socks

What a brain trust that generation is.

Alucrid

Banned
Just a recap, Gen Xers:

how do they determine no show socks versus not wearing any socks

as for the shirt wrap, you do you

mnnLYM0l.jpg

Just a recap, Gen Xers:

Wait, like ankle socks? What's wrong with ankle socks?

Bronx-Man

Banned
I don't what the old folks in here are talking about in here, OP but I see dudes on campus rocking flannel long-sleeves around the waist all the time.

Then again, overalls and blocky triple XL vintage tees are back in again so I guess us millennials just really love 90s fashion.

Crayon

Anyone who wraps it around their waist like that is trying to hide that they shit their pants. Everyone knows that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Let's ask Raven

9a9d32cf8517dbf5202e0beee036fa92.jpg

He says its fine

rec0ded1

Then again, overalls and blocky triple XL vintage tees are back in again so I guess us millennials just really love 90s fashion.

Oh HELL nah! I didn't spend all this time getting in shape so people would stop dissing me in my big ass shirts just for them to come back into style. Fuck that noise.

Rival

Gold Member
Of course it's trendy, but only if you rock these with it

tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg

Bonus points for a popped collar

Jesus Christ I had the memory of these types of jeans suppressed.
OP only tie around the waste if you've pooped yourself.

Belker

Is it trendy? Is it weird for a guy to do That?

Reason I'm asking is cause I had my jacket and it was hot and didn't wanna hold it so I tied it around my waist. And I got called a homo because of it....so I'm like a lil mindfuck by thst remark so yeah..

Sounds like you would have been hot if you put it around your shoulders, so for the purpose of being comfortable you made the right decision.

Was the person who called you a homo offering to carry the jacket? No. If they aren't wearing it, why should they care how it's worn?

Life gets tiring if you live it for other people.

KillLaCam

Banned
I don't think I've met anyone who is under like 50 who does this and isn't an all around weird person.

But I don't think anything is wrong with it. You might get hot and not want to carry it around

Top Bottom