• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things |OT| Hey, you guys...it's our time. It's our time in here July 15th

hydruxo

Are they even shooting yet? I think Fall or near the end of Summer might be more likely.

They started shooting in late Oct/early Nov. Exact same as last year when they filmed S1. There's one more ep in S2 than there was in S1, but they should be done filming in March or so according to what some of the cast has said in interviews. So then a few months of post production and it should hopefully be coming out in July again.

mantidor

This needs to be shared here

MxH0NLg.gif

Aw yiss.

C3xS4YLWIAY_7-7.jpg

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/03/stranger-things-season-2-first-look-super-bowl/

EW can exclusively reveal that Netflix's pop culture phenom Stranger Things will air a new teaser during the massive sports event.

EW is also debuting an image from the commercial, featuring Dustin (Gaten Matarazzo), Mike (Finn Wolfhard), and Lucas (Caleb McLaughlin) dressed as Ghostbusters.

The second season of Things takes place in 1984 — one year after the events of the first season — and has been shrouded in secrecy aside from a few details. But executive producer Shawn Levy (Arrival) did offer EW this tease: ”The Demogorgon was destroyed but evil wasn't."

They started shooting in late Oct/early Nov. Exact same as last year when they filmed S1. There's one more ep in S2 than there was in S1, but they should be done filming in March or so according to what some of the cast has said in interviews. So then a few months of post production and it should hopefully be coming out in July again.

Heh, so much for that. =P

Fuckin' Halloween. -.-

I just finished watching. It does really take you back to being a kid and watching these kind of movies/shows.

I think Winona did a great job of playing a mother on the edge. I think all the actors did really great. I hated Lucus' whiny little ass.

hydruxo

I just finished watching. It does really take you back to being a kid and watching these kind of movies/shows.

I think Winona did a great job of playing a mother on the edge. I think all the actors did really great. I hated Lucus' whiny little ass.

Lucas is great. He's the only one who had a realistic reaction to Eleven. Plus he had fantastic character development. By the end he changed his tune.

Figgles

Finally got around to watching. I feel sorry for the rest of you. I only have to wait 4 months for another fix.

That first episode grabbed me and didn't let go. Everything about this show is on point. The cast and score really shine.

I think I have a new favorite show.

I've been thinking about this show a bunch the past few weeks, probably because I expected season 2 to come out this summer so now I'm starting to feel withdrawals again.

I might have to do a rewatch before Halloween.

TFW you watch the final episode of Stranger Things and Netflix tries autoplaying some other random bullshit cause you are all out of episodes.

😞😞😞

What a great show that was.

Solo

Pretty crazy (in a good way) how tightly wrapped they've kept S2. The superbowl spot was 5 months ago, now probably the full trailer in 2 weeks, then S2 airs 3 months after that.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'll actually be having a Stranger Things 2 watch party on Halloween as basically everyone I know that lives me near me loves the show and can't wait for Season 2. I'm trying to think up some clever treats for the party. I've already got star face cookies and of course eggos.

For the 4K w/HDR set owners out there, it's been confirmed that Stranger Things 2 will stream in HDR10/Dolby Vision!
3AQmK.gif

Dolby vision! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

>=D .. in season 1 with the scenes where EL went over to the upsidedown in the black area, those scenes were incredible, while in SDR. So i can't wait to see what they do with DV. My vizio is ready.

18 Emmy Nominations!

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/13/stranger-things-barb-eleven-emmys/

Outstanding Production Design For A Narrative Period Program (One Hour Or More)

Outstanding Casting For A Drama Series

Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-Camera Series (One Hour)

Outstanding Directing For A Drama Series

Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Drama Series

Outstanding Hairstyling For A Single-Camera Series

Outstanding Creative Achievement In Interactive Media Within A Scripted Program

Outstanding Main Title Design

Outstanding Makeup For A Single-Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic)

Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music

Outstanding Music Supervision

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series (David Harbour)

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama Series (Millie Bobby Brown)

Outstanding Guest Actress In A Drama Series (Shannon Purser)

Outstanding Drama Series

Outstanding Sound Editing For A Series

Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (One Hour)

Outstanding Writing For A Drama Series

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
In a perfect world it would win Main Title sequence+theme, Music supervision, supporting actress, and drama.

Trunx28

Watched the show this weekend for the first time - man, what a ride! First time in ages that something on television gave me goosebumps. Winona threw it out of the park, stellar performance! As a child of the 80s, growing up with Goonies, IT and Stand By Me, I was thrilled to have that good old feeling back. Episode 6 was really the only one who seemed weird, can't put my finger on it.

Happy to see the trailer for S02 after I finished the last episode.

Freaky note aside: After watching the first two episodes, my wife and I went to bed when suddenly the TV in the living room started to get back to life. Got a real scare and rushed into the room, only to see my dog sitting on the couch, stretching on the remote like "oh hey, buddy".

I finally got some free time, did the first free month of Netflix and binged through Stranger Things.
And I must say: Spielberg-style, horror-fantasy-myth with 80s pop, Joy Division and New Order is completely down up my alley.

A colleague watched this and said that he thought it was good but that it wasn't all that great. He's in his 20s. On the other hand two other colleagues and I who are in our 30s loved the hell out of it.

Rootbeer

Banned
A colleague watched this and said that he thought it was good but that it wasn't all that great. He's in his 20s. On the other hand two other colleagues and I who are in our 30s loved the hell out of it.
While I've encountered plenty of late teens and 20-somethings who like the show, this doesn't surprise me. You don't have to appreciate the nostalgia for the 80's to enjoy the show, but it can enhance the experience for those who do. You don't have to have lived through the period to understand that. For example, I wasn't around in the 50s, 60s or 70s, but I really enjoy media set in those eras when it is done well. It can transport me there, in a sense. Some people like that sort of thing, some don't care at all. I think younger people tend to fall more in the later group.

hydruxo

FWIW, I'm almost 26 and season 1 of ST is in my top 5 favorite television seasons of all time. Then again I grew up watching a lot of 80s films as a kid even in the 90s so that probably helped a lot.

Where the hell have I been with this one? I've just discovered it. Binge watched the whole series in two nights, four each night. Absolutely fantastic. I love it. Scary at times, too. Really god damn interesting.

And I have less than a month to wait!

Top Bottom