• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu thread of Niinouness, Level 5 Vision-ness, and Wesker in RE5

TunaLover

speedpop said:
Nothing but yourselves to blame. Before that thread even hit the 2nd page, duckroll stated that nothing awesomely huge would be announced.

nah, i just was playing with the omg annuncements from level 5.

duckroll

Kizuna (Wii/Jaleco/Winter)

- Battles are extremely simple, hit the A button on the wiimote to attack the enemy in front of you
- There are huge boss monsters 10 times the size of a normal human (duh)
- Find the weakspot of the bosses by moving the cursor around the screen, when the cursor is over a weakspot it turns from blue to red (SotC much?)

Next issue:

- Pre-TGS 2008 scoop special
- New info for CT DS
- Sega new game DVD (new announcement??!?!?!)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
schuelma said:
What is Inazuma Eleven Break?
From what I can remember, Level 5 announced a whole heap of other shit at some press conference about Inazuma Eleven. Namely a manga, anime production, and a card game. Hino also announced Inazuma Eleven Break but nothing else was stated other than it was being created for a console that wasn't named.

Acosta

Thanks duckroll.

Could we have some kind of description of 7th Dragon's pics (if there are any) and Cardboard Senki?

duckroll said:
- Battles are extremely simple, hit the A button on the wiimote to attack the enemy in front of you
- Find the weakspot of the bosses by moving the cursor around the screen, when the cursor is over a weakspot it turns from blue to red (SotC much?)

That sounds quite boring, I hope they are not trying to pull an ultra simple RPG just because it's on Wii.

duckroll said:

Wonder if it looks similar to the magical weak point crests in SotC too. :lol

Need to see vids though.

duckroll

Acosta said:
Thanks duckroll.

Could we have some kind of description of 7th Dragon's pics (if there are any) and Cardboard Senki?

I don't actually have the mag, I'm just translating what the guy on 2ch that has it is posting. Today the old regular guy that used to post Famitsu news early started posting news again after stopping for a while, so we get reliable news early. When pics and stuff start showing up, you probably don't need me to tell you what they look like because everyone else on the thread will be talking about them. :lol

What the heck is Unknown Soldier? Can someone fill me in on that one?

duckroll said:

fuel to the fire for people who doubt

duckroll

Ushiro (PSP/Level5/2009)

- Horror RPG where a shinigami clings on behind people that have exhausted their lives to experience their lives
- As a shinigami you observe, possess, and fulfil the wishes of the person you're attached to
- There's a scene where you fight a monster that is an embodiment of a person's malice

The M.O.B

dark steve said:
What the heck is Unknown Soldier? Can someone fill me in on that one?

Third-Person shooter, like Brothers in Arms DS

This is how it looks
us16.jpg

us09.jpg

Acosta

duckroll said:
I don't actually have the mag, I'm just translating what the guy on 2ch that has it is posting. Today the old regular guy that used to post Famitsu news early started posting news again after stopping for a while, so we get reliable news early. When pics and stuff start showing up, you probably don't need me to tell you what they look like because everyone else on the thread will be talking about them. :lol

:lol Thanks again. I always suck at finding the famitsu scans but I will try, really interested about this game.

Edit: oh, appreciate it Creamsugar, tiny but seems he is following the same style than Etrian, which is a good signal. I am intrigued about the party based decisions.

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
duckroll said:
Ushiro (PSP/Level5/2009)

- Horror RPG where a shinigami clings on behind people that have exhausted their lives to experience their lives
- As a shinigami you observe, possess, and fulfil the wishes of the person you're attached to
- There's a scene where you fight a monster that is an embodiment of a person's malice
Sounds awesome

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
duckroll said:
Ushiro (PSP/Level5/2009)

Pretty sweet, and it is for a console I own.

:D

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Ok, 7th Dragon is on my list, I like what we know so far. I want screeeeens.

Kizuna... I still don't know. And Ushiro sounds interesting!

Trevelyan

Banned
duckroll said:
Ushiro (PSP/Level5/2009)

holy shit that sounds pretty awesome.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Layton 3 comes out November 27th
Another Mystery Level 5 game slated for 2009 called Ninokuni?

Also Gardening Mama announced for winter, lol.

Hcoregamer00

The PSP and the DS will never die.

Aren't both of them getting close to the 5 year mark? :lol

Edit - Not just yet
DS: November 21, 2004 (NA)
PSP: December 12, 2004 (JP)

duckroll

sp0rsk said:
Layton 3 comes out November 27th
Another Mystery Level 5 game slated for 2009 called Ninokuni?

Also Gardening Mama announced for winter, lol.

Ninokuni is a DS game too. I wonder why it would be in the schedule listing without having a preview, unless IMAS missed it...

Hcoregamer00

GoldandBlue said:
:D Being a person who only owns a PSP and DS, I'm loving it.

Trust me, I think both consoles are the best thing ever.

With the success they are having, neither Sony or Nintendo has any incentive to make PSP2 and DS2.

GoldandBlue said:
:D Being a person who only owns a PSP and DS, I'm loving it.
you could probably just own either one and be set for a couple years

Kizuna sounds kind of interesting, even if it is being simplified

Roland

duckroll said:
Ushiro (PSP/Level5/2009)

Sounds good... kinda reminds me of that old PS2 RPG, Tsugunai: Atonement.

duckroll

jj984jj said:
What kind of game is Dandam?

Sounds like a puzzle/RPG? Hard to tell. It's by Acquire, and your objective is to defend the town built around a dam from monsters at night. The layout/design of the dam and the flow of water is apparently as important to your survival as the growth of the characters and the construction of the party.

xfactor

Banned
Apparently there's another character announced for RE5 in Famitsu
a gun battle will take place during a car chase in RE5 (with chris' in a jeep)
an enormous enemy in RE5

Zill O'll Infinite Plus - dec 25
PS2 port with extras

Ike

MiamiWesker said:
Uh... wesker wesker wesker.

Lets go, more info.
Resident Evil 5 (various / Capcom / March 1909 12)
EKUSERA GIONE new characters.
Try a pharmaceutical company from the founding family of cells to the African Branch of the Branch
Albert Wesker new characters, two ...
Chris was a member of the main character and special forces, STARS former captain
Cooperation (coop) can be played. 片方のリタイアはもう一方のゲームe over the other are directly linked to
Shaba Chris got on the jeep and get chased by a relentless car chase and gun battle with the enemy
A huge onslaught of the enemy

That's all the info for now.

Ike

duckroll said:
Haha it sounds like REmake is being ported to Wii on 25th Dec. :lol
They're just setting the stage up for when they release the RE2 Remake on Wii.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
Sounds like a puzzle/RPG? Hard to tell. It's by Acquire, and your objective is to defend the town built around a dam from monsters at night. The layout/design of the dam and the flow of water is apparently as important to your survival as the growth of the characters and the construction of the party.
Neat concept, I wonder if it'll be any good...

Top Bottom