• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GREETINGS EARTH: Ex Machina is Now on Netflix

After what seemed like forever, Ex Machina is now up on Netflix.

If you've yet to see what I consider the best movie of 2015, you know what to do.

Edit: I appreciate the stealth mod edit of the title. You make Ava proud.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
For a nanosecond my brain was hoping the Ex Machina comic got adapted without me knowing about it.

But yeah, dope movie. Best usage of a small budget I've seen recently.

Poppy

thought this movie was just okay, i dont feel like it thoroughly explored its themes much and just kinda ended up being more of a “huh” than a really impactful cinema experience

i dont think its bad though

5taquitos

Wtf am I reading about the ending not being good?

The ending is amazing. It makes the whole movie.

What, you want them to
fall in love and live happily ever after
? Naw.

Wtf am I reading about the ending not being good?

The ending is amazing. It makes the whole movie.

What, you want them to
fall in love and live happily ever after
? Naw.
I wasn't really a fan of its execution, but I get what it was trying to do. IIRC the reviews were split on the ending. Amazing movie overall, though.

Not in the UK either.

Maybe mention the region you mean, OP.
I move around often but my current region is the Mideast and I can see it among the options. Surprised it's not in the UK.

Froxenblade

Neo Member
It's been on Canadian Netflix for a while. It's a very good movie. Alex Garland is a talented dude. Brings up many ethical questions in a science fiction setting that may well not remain science fiction at some point in our lives.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
thought this movie was just okay, i dont feel like it thoroughly explored its themes much and just kinda ended up being more of a “huh” than a really impactful cinema experience

My thoughts exactly. Fell very short of expectations, but still a fine watch, just one that didn’t resonate as expected.

nomis

i find people who dislike the ending on account of
believing her actions to be irrational, problematic

she was a lifelong captive given no implicit reason to trust domnhall gleeson

If I had to name my top 3 favorite movies in the last 5 years this movie would easily be the first movie to pop in my head as the number 1 contender. I love just about everything about it.

Kind of agree. There were weird plotholes, lots of dumb decisions for a lone creator holed up in a secret base on his own, and they advertised it as some super deep questioning of humanity and blurring the lines, where it mostly just skimmed the surface and had a protag that, again, made some questionable decisions.

Also the ending
twist of her leaving him behind was obvious. His "hacked around your system" nonsense... He wasn't supposed to be some kind of super-hacker, IIRC. If he was, one would think they'd have accounted for that when they invited him. And then, after all that, the chopper pilot just picks up a woman that randomly shows up?

I did like the knife sinking scene, at least.

Top Bottom