• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EARWOLF |OT| Podcasts for Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vert boil

Holy shit.

Never Not Funny will be on Earwolf.

http://www.earwolf.com/show/never-not-funny/

Haven't listen to the episode with the Choctaw yet (just started it) but they have a few of the older episodes up. Can't find a presser outlining what will be involved.

BdhfsnmCQAAKlUo.jpg:large

edit,

Starting January 30th, Season 14 (audio only) will be free on Earwolf/the existing free segment feed.

There will still be a sub (30$ per season or 50$ per year (two seasons)) for the existing stuff with an additional weekly episodes with just the four guys, no guest.

big ander

^hey cool, that's pretty big news for the podcast world.

Finally listened to the end of the best of today. Weren't my exact picks but the show really was gold in '13 so the top list was still hilarious. Hadn't remembered time bobby 2 being that incredible actually.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Ah, sorry. I guess my terminology is off. I mean the bit at the end of the shows where they talk about Earwolf and then some dude with a fake(?) accent howls in your ear.

I *HAAAAATE* random noises.

Yeah I don't like that either, pretty annoying.

In other news, improv4humans got the angry trumpet guy on again. It's amazing how much that guy can ramble on about things. :p

^hey cool, that's pretty big news for the podcast world.

Finally listened to the end of the best of today. Weren't my exact picks but the show really was gold in '13 so the top list was still hilarious. Hadn't remembered time bobby 2 being that incredible actually.

IT'S BEEN a great year for sure.

Bread

Banned
Ah, sorry. I guess my terminology is off. I mean the bit at the end of the shows where they talk about Earwolf and then some dude with a fake(?) accent howls in your ear.

I *HAAAAATE* random noises.
That dude is Nick Kroll, and he did that bit all off the top of his head in an episode of CBB. It was pretty epic, so it can stay.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That dude is Nick Kroll, and he did that bit all off the top of his head in an episode of CBB. It was pretty epic, so it can stay.

Yeah, I was going to say this. It was on one of Chupacabre's first few appearances I think, he just riffed that he was there to record a station ident thing (this was back when they were on indie 103) and did it apropos of nothing, they cut it out and used it at the end of all the Earwolf podcasts after that.

Pand

Holy shit.

Never Not Funny will be on Earwolf.

http://www.earwolf.com/show/never-not-funny/

Haven't listen to the episode with the Choctaw yet (just started it) but they have a few of the older episodes up. Can't find a presser outlining what will be involved.

edit,

Starting January 30th, Season 14 (audio only) will be free on Earwolf/the existing free segment feed.

There will still be a sub (30$ per season or 50$ per year (two seasons)) for the existing stuff with an additional weekly episodes with just the four guys, no guest.

Wow, that's pretty big news. Never Not Funny is more than worth the money, for anyone on the fence. Jimmy Pardo is one of the funniest people around.

She was on before. #130. I remember she was on with a guest who had just gotten their own podcast on Earwolf.

D'oh. You're right.

Anyways, I'm guessing Time Bobby #3 is coming either Thursday or Monday. Chozen started last night, so it would make sense for Moynihan to be on soon to plug it.

big ander

A week behind: just hearing about this part killed me and the drawing lives up to my mental image
D'oh. You're right.

Anyways, I'm guessing Time Bobby #3 is coming either Thursday or Monday. Chozen started last night, so it would make sense for Moynihan to be on soon to plug it.
I feel like Time Bobby 3 will have to be a Monday ep. But I'm also not going to hold out too much for him doing it with Chozen on. It looks like he has a couple things going on this year that he could eventually promote.

Also keeping my hopes down for time bobby 3. I loved 2, but actually felt like it was a step down from 1.

Psyched about the Never Not Funny announcement. I subscribed to the podcast for a few years then stopped because there were too many podcasts I enjoyed to justify paying for one... but I listened to the recent Aukerman episode after hearing the news and man, did I miss this podcast. Looking forward to getting my weekly dose again.

BearPawB

Banned
I am sure it isn't for everyone, but i LOVE Hollywood Handbook. Not quite as much as their old show. But I just love their style

SmithnCo

I am sure it isn't for everyone, but i LOVE Hollywood Handbook. Not quite as much as their old show. But I just love their style

Yeah, they're pretty funny. I kinda miss them making fun of reality shows, though the HH guests have been better.

Bread

Banned
I really like their schtick, but I only check out the episodes with comedians that I already like. It's definitely not a weekly listen for me.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I miss The Apple Sisters. Buzz Buzz Buzz!!!

Wish they would bring back Mike Detective.

There anywhere to get a full run of Mike Detective? I'd like to check it out, but they're like 5 minutes long and have ads at the start, and don't even exist in playlist form.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I've tried to get into How Did This Get Made but I need to see the movies they are talking about before I listen and the vast majority of the movies aren't on Netflix.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah, the latest CBB is amazing. Laughing out loud at it on the train back from work today. Love how the number of horses they've checked out keeps going up and up.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I had to bail after the first break. I don't watch SNL so I wasn't familiar with either of these guys. They were pretty good in the first segment, but I thought their characters in the second were wayy too grating.

Bread

Banned
i did not like the characs from the earlier episode, but the new one was one of my favorite cbb eps ever. they are just so game to make the story ridiculous, it was a lot of fun.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
i did not like the characs from the earlier episode, but the new one was one of my favorite cbb eps ever. they are just so game to make the story ridiculous, it was a lot of fun.

Kinda my problem with improv (short for improvisation) in general. My favorite moments of the CBB podcast are when guests get grilled for doing bad improv (again, short for improvisation).

Bread

Banned
Kinda my problem with improv (short for improvisation) in general. My favorite moments of the CBB podcast are when guests get grilled for doing bad improv (again, short for improvisation).
some people deserve the grilling, like horatio sanz, but there are a bunch of comedians who do best when they are free to go wild, adomian for example.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Adomian is hot when he's hot, but some of his chars (short for characters) are alt+f4 material. He's gotta have more bits than Tompkins, right?

Acid08

Banned
Horse fighting was amazing, great ep.

I've been slowly going through Who Charted and it has really made me appreciate how funny Howard Kremer can be, wasn't much of a fan of him from the old CDRR eps. The way that guy talks is just incredible. Still not a huge DBS fan though.

Had my friends reeling over the recent CBB episode with Michael Jackson while on the way to Disneyland. Had them saying "HEE HEE" the entire trip.

Also the Smaug episode was pretty funny if only for how little Matt Besser cared.

Will listen to Andy Daly's new podcast because he's hilarious.

big ander

I thought Horse Fighting was fun. Not the all-timer that others seem to think it is, but still good and hey-- you gotta laugh. Jerrod Neil and MJ were decent, Jimmy Pardo is I think always pleasant and never outstanding and Voda the gypsy was just alright. Best of the last four weeks was Doug, Paul Hornschmeimer and Smaug. Smaug's songs and constant amusement at Doug's wordplay killed me.

SmithnCo

Loved the Andy Daly ep, can't say no to two hours of Dalton.

Had my friends reeling over the recent CBB episode with Michael Jackson while on the way to Disneyland. Had them saying "HEE HEE" the entire trip.

Also the Smaug episode was pretty funny if only for how little Matt Besser cared.

Will listen to Andy Daly's new podcast because he's hilarious.

lol, I think Besser dropped what little effort he put into the Smaug voice after about two minutes. Which is funny in itself.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That first episode of the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project was amazing. Really funny. I knew PFT was there as soon as I heard him laughing in the background, haha. Can't wait for the next episode, although Dalton Wilcox is always going to be a highlight.

Bread

Banned
That first episode of the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project was amazing. Really funny. I knew PFT was there as soon as I heard him laughing in the background, haha. Can't wait for the next episode, although Dalton Wilcox is always going to be a highlight.
seriously, that was the best podcast I've heard in months.

seriously, that was the best podcast I've heard in months.

It really was amazing, and now I can't wait for the next episode. I haven't laughed that much at a podcast in a long time. I feel like they said it would be weekly, but that means it'll be over in 2 months which is a pretty short 'run' for a podcast.

Oh also here's a link to the full version of Jon Daly's "Alacadabralifornia" they mentioned in the newest CBB - it's pretty goddam outstanding

http://www.rhcp2014.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom