• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can get unlimited Shadow of War loot boxes on PC with cheats

Remember it's not Piracy, because the the contents in a lootbox aren't worth anything and can't be resold, which is why lootboxes arent't gambling apparently.

;)

That's not why they're not gambling.

On topic, this doesnt seem like a big deal. I would be surprised if WB actually took any action.

shimon

No. These trainers are not for online use. If you try to modify the Gold amount, which can be bought with real money, it will reset to the actual amount upon connecting to their server infrastructure. This trainer can be used for Mirian silver currency only which is only earned by playing the game.

I'm not talking about trainers...Someone actually accessed Market which is online only and can buy loot boxes with Gold which you can only do online.

I think he might be talking about Steam006 (dude known for cracking Denuvo in Life is Strange Before the Storm). He's currently trying to break the protection on the gold. He's still testing it though, and even then he says he might not release it publicly.

Bingo.

Pejo

Remember it's not Piracy, because the the contents in a lootbox aren't worth anything and can't be resold, which is why lootboxes arent't gambling apparently.

;)

I don't often quote things that have already been quoted a thousand times in a thread, but in the recent news about ESRB and PEGI siding with publishers, this just feels so right.

So if you want to protest the loot crates, but still support the game itself, you buy the game and pirate it to cheat? I guess. lol

You don't need to pirate the game to cheat.

There was a 44mb patch just released... god dammit if this post caused a patch for this...

I think it was just a hotfix.

The only way for the publisher to overcome this is by making the game full online, which won't happen at least until the next game.

Durante

That's definitely piracy.
What is piracy? Usually, when people say it, they don't actually mean piracy, they mean copyright infringement. Whose copyright is being infringed upon in this case, and how?

The only thing I can see is a shrinkwrap EULA being violated, but I'm not even sure if that can actually be enforced in many countries.

jwhit28

What is piracy? Usually, when people say it, they don't actually mean piracy, they mean copyright infringement. Whose copyright is being infringed upon in this case, and how?

The only thing I can see is a shrinkwrap EULA being violated, but I'm not even sure if that can actually be enforced in many countries.

Well Epic is trying. It seems they are going with the Copyright Infringement angle. Maybe being a multiplayer product makes it different?

https://torrentfreak.com/epic-sues-fortnite-cheaters-for-copyright-infringement-171012/

Audioboxer

Well Epic is trying. It seems they are going with the Copyright Infringement angle. Maybe being a multiplayer product makes it different?

https://torrentfreak.com/epic-sues-fortnite-cheaters-for-copyright-infringement-171012/

Well, shit. Let's hope those cases get thrown out

The two alleged cheaters are identified as Mr. Broom and Mr. Vraspir. Both are accused of violating Fortnite’s terms of service and EULA by cheating. This involves modifying and changing the game’s code, committing copyright infringement in the process.

“The software that Defendant uses to cheat infringes Epic’s copyrights in the game and breaches the terms of the agreements to which Defendant agreed in order to have access to the game,” the company notes.

Permanently banning accounts from MP for cheating? Fine. Getting a court to agree its copyright infringement? Not so fine.

WB looking on and praying.

RPGam3r

Some true colors shining through on this thread. The big bad loot boxes are ok to take without payment bc "I don't like them." Thats some convenient convictions.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Some true colors shining through on this thread. The big bad loot boxes are ok to take without payment bc "I don't like them." Thats some convenient convictions.
😂😂😂

I honestly don’t see this as piracy but each to their own

I don't see how this is fun. Most of the fun I'm having with the game is while hunting down orcs. Get unlimited free legendary orcs? Might as well not play the game.

senahorse

I don't see how this is fun. Most of the fun I'm having with the game is while hunting down orcs. Get unlimited free legendary orcs? Might as well not play the game.

The issue appears to come towards the end of the game, where in order to get the 'true' ending, you need to grind for a long time in order to get it, or buy loot boxes. At least that's how I understand it.

MUnited83

For you.
You literally can't pay for the lootboxes mentioned in this thread.
They're worth nothing. If WB really cared they would have made the game online only.

They indeed literally worth nothing. Like, literally. These boxes cannot be aqquired with real money.

People keep posting in this thread not realizing this is about the free crates.
The issue appears to come towards the end of the game, where in order to get the 'true' ending, you need to grind for a long time in order to get it, or buy loot boxes. At least that's how I understand it.
The "true ending" rumour is false.

This same thing is on Mass Andromeda multiplayer loot boxes. If you know where to look on the net, cheat engine will hook you up for the low low.

Rellik

I use Cheat Engine in pretty much every single player PC game I play in some capacity. It only affects me. Not sure why that's a big deal.

You dirty pirate. I don't know how you can live with yourself.

Cheat Engine and PS4 Save Wizard are great

Floody

If they do anything it'll probably just be resetting people who cheated. Banning people for cheating in a single player game would just be terrible PR.

If I was them I'd just add a really strong Orc killer to the game that hunts your cheated Orcs. But I like when companies have fun with cheating, instead of just banning/resetting people.

Parfait

;)

i9B9hot.gif

If they do anything it'll probably just be resetting people who cheated. Banning people for cheating in a single player game would just be terrible PR.

If I was them I'd just add a really strong Orc killer to the game that hunts your cheated Orcs. But I like when companies have fun with cheating, instead of just banning/resetting people.

Sounds like too much work. My bet is that they won't do anything.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Is there a chance of getting legendary items/followers from silver chests? I haven't touched the market yet in this game other than to open up the ones I've gotten from the online vendettas.

If there is, I wonder if the loot pool is different.

I don't have a problem with it. If anything people can spruce up their fortress defense a bit quicker than me.

Falcs

Banned
Whelp... guess the next shitty thing publishers are going to force on us is always online in order to combat this.
It's just a matter of time.

Um hey everyone I'm really worried the games police are going to come and take me away if I use something to add fake money to a videogame I bought.

Will everything be okay?

Sohaim

i get the feeling that this is actually bad and that WB will force Monolith to ban people or come up with something else to punish players, as for some of the Gaffers on this thread, i simply cannot believe their posts, how can cheating in SP be considered piracy? its a Single Player game on PC, cheating has been a thing since FOREVER on SP games, so if i managed to edit my Orcs or Inventory that is a crime???? smh.

Came here to post this.

If this is classified as piracy, by definition lootboxes have to be classified as gambling.

There is literally no correlation between this being piracy and loot boxes being gambling..

Character skin packs in street fighter 5 also have no monetary value and cannot be resold. Are they also gambling?

I'm ok with this anyway. If the game can be cheated into giving you the good items have at it. If the publisher really wants to try to sell items they should also have to secure it in game.

Top Bottom