• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
I'm telling you guys, Toy Jack is the future. So much more appealing. I'll be switching to that costume as soon as possible.

Numb

I'm telling you guys, Toy Jack is the future. So much more appealing. I'll be switching to that costume as soon as possible.

I hate him
The only time i played TvC dude picked the guy that looks like him and i couldn't do shit

e782d7bab11c64db77e70dd9814ec28f.jpg

Give me an Optimus or maybe Devastator Jack costume and I'm switching mains.

Edit -- and it has to change his rage art into some kind of transformation attack.

(they did it with Combot's costume in TTT2, the tag-in motorbike attack)

Can we get a Motoko Kusanagi alt for Alisa too? One that also removes all her jokey stuff. =D

I'll settle for a Nobel Gundam or Valsione colour scheme.

PhineBuyM3

Can we get a Motoko Kusanagi alt for Alisa too? One that also removes all her jokey stuff. =D

I'll settle for a Nobel Gundam or Valsione colour scheme.

Hell naw, my most hated character getting a costume for one of my favorite anime characters, the meltdown I would have
mjcry1.png

cordy

Banned

Hmmm. Hopefully that shuts up the "I wanna play more than the Mishimas in Story Mode" thing people were going on about even though they cleared it up in interviews.

- Info on modes.
- Gallery's got every opening/ending in the Tekken series
- Detailed info on Jukebox, you can set particular songs to play on certain stages if you want

Basically the Famitsu stuff in full.

After seeing this...

This is a full ass game. THIS is a beefy title. Can't wait.

Hmmm. Hopefully that shuts up the "I wanna play more than the Mishimas in Story Mode" thing people were going on about even though they cleared it up in interviews.

- Info on modes.
- Gallery's got every opening/ending in the Tekken series
- Detailed info on Jukebox, you can set particular songs to play on certain stages if you want

Basically the Famitsu stuff in full.

After seeing this...

This is a full ass game. THIS is a beefy title. Can't wait.

Its a Good Time to be a Tekken fan?

Rheon

That new trailer got me hyped as FUCK.

All the content and story information, it almost makes 'early 2017' worth it.

EDIT: Oh and NINA'S BLACK BODYSUIT FROM BLOOD VENGEANCE IS FINALLY IN THE GAME

EDIT 2: And we're gonna be able to actually play through past events like T5's intro? Ok, 'early 2017' is definitely worth it.

Nina's episode right next to Steve's episode in the character episode select screen can't possibly be a coincidence... ? Will they finally pick up where they left off in 2002?

Gallery mode seems very extensive. In addition to previous intros and endings there are also cinematics that were produced exclusively for the Tekken pachinko and pachislot machines.
Damn Namcops going all out with this.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Looks pretty good. I hope the side stories aren't super short. I guess I'm afraid it's just going to be one cinematic fight and that's it.

Pachimari

Oh yes, Josie got a story! But will these side stories just be one chapter each, or will they have multiple chapters like the Mishima saga?

That looks really good, seems like a lot of stuff to do. Turbo battle in that treasure mode, yus. Gallery mode looks nice.

Edit: Also, Nina in that story mode outfit. Phew.

PhineBuyM3

Jukebox is gonna be
banderas.png

Having Those who go to Heaven play in the first 2 rounds in the new Dragon's Nest, then switch Garden of the Tiger in the final round
full

"The way characters are designed changes depending on the times. For example, Tekken 3 was one of the big instalments that focused on real martial arts, and something new, in the form of Capoeira, for example. 4 and 5 were also heavily focused on a certain martial art, I guess you could say. And this was around the time before mixed martial arts really took off, but there was a lot of interest around matches between different martial arts. So it was a good environment to try out the different martial arts that we hadn’t included yet.

But then, after that, it was kind of hard to find a new martial art that people have heard of and have some kind of rough idea of what it is, so that there was enough interest and understanding there to include it in the game. So that’s why 6 and 7 and later on, it’s more focused on the character concept, and that kind of thing. There are still martial arts out there, it’s just that – y’know, many people mention Krav Maga or Silat or something like that - but it’s not major enough that people would have an idea what the movement looks like, so it is kind of tough to place that same emphasis on the martial arts and recreating them in the game."

Thought this excerpt was interesting.

That trailer was amazing (even though I don't understand Japanese lol). T7 truly looks packed with stuff, I love that we can now play the T5 opening, I always loved that sequence.

GrayFoxPL

jTJfDj9.gif

T5 intro Jack battle recap!

RrVO385.gif

Hope this isn't mash QTE. Looks great.

YeIuHI5.gif

Jack is King's rival?

CY3kWOy.gif

Hmm...

01XYjMk.gif

Paul&Law are fucking clowns again. Smh.

wYB4oly.gif

Easy Assist in Story.

OgLpX5n.gif

Special rule items in sp? Almost like a SF cancel I imagined?

13lD2iS.png

Almost T4 Paul! Love it!

Special rule items in sp? Almost like a SF cancel I imagined?

That's Turbo Battle in treasure mode, Grayfox. I makes all the moves around twice as fast with no increased gravity (though it does keep increasing pushback), so you can do some ridiculous combos. It's really fun to mess around with.

I hope they have some other special mechanic stuff too.

GrayFoxPL

Please anyone don't open spoil that gamespot story video.

I just watched a minute until Kazuya's letter to Hei. Got chills and turned it off. Gotta leave that to own playthrough. It seems story might be good shit after all.

PhineBuyM3

"The way characters are designed changes depending on the times. For example, Tekken 3 was one of the big instalments that focused on real martial arts, and something new, in the form of Capoeira, for example. 4 and 5 were also heavily focused on a certain martial art, I guess you could say. And this was around the time before mixed martial arts really took off, but there was a lot of interest around matches between different martial arts. So it was a good environment to try out the different martial arts that we hadn’t included yet.

But then, after that, it was kind of hard to find a new martial art that people have heard of and have some kind of rough idea of what it is, so that there was enough interest and understanding there to include it in the game. So that’s why 6 and 7 and later on, it’s more focused on the character concept, and that kind of thing. There are still martial arts out there, it’s just that – y’know, many people mention Krav Maga or Silat or something like that - but it’s not major enough that people would have an idea what the movement looks like, so it is kind of tough to place that same emphasis on the martial arts and recreating them in the game."

Thought this excerpt was interesting.

stopitslime.png
This is why I talk so much shit about Harada on other forums. People who aren't indoctrinated into anime tropes are not gonna "get" these retarded newcomers, so they're in the same boat as lesser known martial arts except the latter make more sense to put in a damn fighting game. I doubt players in the US, Asia,and Europe knew what Capoeira was before Tekken 3(and boy were they in for a rude awakening), but that didn't stop them from putting it in.

LowParry

Please anyone don't open spoil that gamespot story video.

I just watched a minute until Kazuya's letter to Hei. Got chills and turned it off. Gotta leave that to own playthrough. It seems story might be good shit after all.

I second this. I've seen small bits enough to want to see the whole thing through. The way the fights transition from CG to gameplay is pretty damn cool.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Some more stuff, shows off the VR mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDKMd220epo

Looks like VR could be great for making little fight movies or montages.

Also, have they seriously completely removed the part-by-part hairstyle customization they had in the past two games? It looks like they still have the pieces, but you can only equip them in preset configurations.

I spotted Miguel's Tekken Tag 2 shirt, so that's something.

The latter half has a lot of story mode stuff, so be wary.

AllenShrz

Some more stuff, shows off the VR mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDKMd220epo

Looks like VR could be great for making little fight movies or montages.

Also, have they seriously completely removed the part-by-part hairstyle customization they had in the past two games? It looks like they still have the pieces, but you can only equip them in preset configurations.

I spotted Miguel's Tekken Tag 2 shirt, so that's something

The latter half has a lot of story mode stuff, so be wary.

No vive support?

It's impossible to get the psvr over here and I don't intend to buy another vr headset.

Top Bottom