• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

So it's 2016 already... where is my VR and my Pascal GPUs damnit!!!

24101836215_d8e5cf9cf5_o.jpg

23806161560_02e51ed0a6_o.jpg

Nice start to the new thread. I personally wouldn't mind seeing a few more examples in the OP but that's just me. There was so many great shots in 2015.

I guess I'll start out with a few Witcher 3 shots. It's all I got right now....

24011978681_c97df6916b_o.jpg

23908647442_53c7267504_o.jpg

Can you share your reshade settings?

GavinUK86

Have a good year of screenshots everyone.

I was hoping that someone would christen the thread on the very first page with some CM shots. It isn't quite the same without it.

I've not seen any for ages. Think I last posted some early last year, maybe the one before.

What armor(-set) are you using? Been looking for something like that. Also, are you using any reshade/lighting mod? Great shots.

ReShade? Nothing special. SMAA + minor desaturation and contrast tweaks. It's mostly vanilla.

I use ULM and toggle between CSLM and the swamp lighting mod most of the time (#5). Oh, and Ultra Grass 3000. Definitely try that. I keep density at around 1100 with that mod.

That "armor" is all for looks (via the appearances mod). I'm actually wearing a full griffin set. But for appearances, I have Avallac'h full body armor + cape. Basic grey hood.

What kind of performance cost is there by using things like reshade?

Only drops my FPS by 1-2 at 4865x2036. But I'm doing very minor things with it (SMAA included). If you pile on all kinds of shaders though, the performance cost will be higher.

What kind of performance cost is there by using things like reshade?

Depends on your hardware and the effects you are going to use, I have no numbers.

Simple 2d effects and anti aliasing is mostly very light on performance, more complex stuff like depth based effects (dof, SSAO etc) can destroy performance even on absolute high end PC's. Also, lot's of effects seem to be designed for a specific range of resolution, the higher you go the more you have to tweak and/or run into problems. What runs smooth in 1080p might get very choppy in higher resolutions or straight up doesn't work at all and you only get an error.

OtisInf

23740996179_7fbc3dd886_o.png

23482011983_8597743e68_o.png

Glad the swapping to the sniper rifle is so slow you can use it to take a shot at the mountains without a DoF filter (the camera always adds that, how nice! :-/ )

dogstar

Banned
Testing uploading a non compressed screen for the first time... I thought it was quite pretty, if not as good as most (or all) of those here, but, it is my first, so please go easy and scroll by quickly :) ... ENB plus mods btw.
tesv2016-01-0114-35-5ytobx.png

Smokey

Do you guys usually complete a game, and then go back and play at settings that may not be conducive to a play through but are great for screen shots, or do you do a mix from the beginning?

Do you guys usually complete a game, and then go back and play at settings that may not be conducive to a play through but are great for screen shots, or do you do a mix from the beginning?

I usually do a mix from the beginning. It's easier to take screenshots of games when they're impressing me for the first time. When going back and replaying, I can easily get burnt out on a game or its visuals, so finding good screenshots feels more like a chore.

But that's just me.

Nick Pal

Testing uploading a non compressed screen for the first time... I thought it was quite pretty, if not as good as most (or all) of those here, but, it is my first, so please go easy and scroll by quickly :) ... ENB plus mods btw.

Looks pretty to my untrained eye. Carry on pal and welcome aboard.

I never make screenshots at non playable/low framerate settings. When I push my pc to those levels I feel very uncompfortable leaving it in such a state for longer periods of time so I just don't do it at all.
I also try to avoid changing settings when I have started a game, I don't want to be distracted too much from the contend itself by adjusting things every other play session, so I usually decide on a setting for a game and stick with it for the entire playthrough.

I used to (and still try to) replay every game I like at least a second time later but not because of screenshotting reasons. So the first run has to suffice. A lot of more open games allow for visiting certain locations again and again in the same playthrough, that's ok for me.

Filben

Nope, got no time for that. Basically I play on settings that suits my desired gaming experience. That's where I take lots—most—of screenshots. Sometimes, for very special ones I crank the settings up, just for that moment.

It happens that I replay some games for one, two hours for the sake of it's beauty. That's also when visuals get maxed out.

OtisInf

Looks great! I was just downloading Skyrim again to do some screenshotting because Far Cry 4 feels really meh in that department, saw some screenshots on nexus from mods, thought 'meh, I've seen everything 10 times over in this game already', cancelled download, came here, saw your screenshot and thought: 'on second thought, it IS a nice screenshot toolbox' and restarted the download!

dogstar

Banned
Looks pretty to my untrained eye. Carry on pal and welcome aboard.

Thank you kind sir :)

Looks great! .......came here, saw your screenshot and thought: 'on second thought, it IS a nice screenshot toolbox' and restarted the download!

That is a very nice compliment, so thank you very much.

Both yourself and Nick's screens (amongst others of course) have inspired me to have-a-go.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Can 2016 be the year that people start using the Deband shader from Reshade?

Must view full size to see the difference.

Off

On

Banding is still the most consistent marring I see on fantastic screenshots.

That looks stellar, great job.

screenshot_2015-12-293kudh.jpg

screenshot_2015-12-31oauh8.jpg

Happy new screenshot year everyone!

Which scaling algo do you use?

viveks86

Mix. I rarely ever replay games. Which is why I take forever to beat them. Lol

Filben

Can 2016 be the year that people start using the Deband shader from Reshade?
And the only shader, please? This one looks fantastic. Most of the time, though, I find it 'too much' and overused, totally changing the mood and style but rarely for the better.

Yep, bokeh looks damn good at this one.

Arkham Knight's faces do really look superb. Smooth transitions and everything just 'blend' well. Looks stunning.

Copper

Nice! What profile do you use? I found the popular Praise The Sun 1.2. preset but that one is much too desaturated for me. Seems to be better in your screens. Hm...

I would also like to know this.

Those wicher shots are amazing as usual.

Top Bottom