• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Walmart was woefully without anything, but the 3-pack is a real find.

5o6M6JA.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Can someone recommend a good scout trooper/speeder bike model? I have a nice posable stormtrooper I picked up in Japan with a few different weapons and hands, but I can't remember the brand. Maybe about 6" tall? Something like that would be great

Your options are the Bandai poseable model kit, which is around $40, the SH Figuarts toy version, (also from Bandai) which is well over $200, and the Hasbro Black Series one for $40.

The model kit has the best sculpt and poseability but it's a model kit.
The Black Series one looks pretty good from far away but a lot of consessions were made to make the bike more durable and the joints on the figure are made out of really soft, rubbery plastic.
They're all the same size. Roughly six inches tall for the figure and the bike is around one foot long.

Model kit with no paint and half-assed sanding.

If you don't want to paint you could probably make it look twice as good just by spraying a matte clearcoat over it to knock off the plasticky quality.

Model kit painted.
There's a britmodeller thread describing step-by-step with pictures exactly how to get these results.

Big Wazu

Force Friday has been good to me. Picked up:

Stormtrooper Executioner
Snoke
Thrawn
Elite Praetorian Guard (with Heavy Blade)
Darth Vader Centerpiece

Went to a bunch of different stores, but Target had the biggest variety by far.

It's been a few weeks since I finished the last novel I was reading so I picked up Phasma. Seems like an interesting premise. Looking forward to learning more about her.

gsrjedi

I went by Target last night and picked up most of the new Hot Wheels stuff. When I was leaving I saw a big dog in the parking lot. I was keeping an eye on it as I got in my car in case it started coming at me. Then I noticed it didn't look like other dogs. It was a damn coyote roaming the parking lot at night. It ended up running off as I was getting in my car.

I went by Target last night and picked up most of the new Hot Wheels stuff. When I was leaving I saw a big dog in the parking lot. I was keeping an eye on it as I got in my car in case it started coming at me. Then I noticed it didn't look like other dogs. It was a damn coyote roaming the parking lot at night. It ended up running off as I was getting in my car.

Coyotes showing up for Force Friday? Star Wars somehow getting even more popular! Now trending in the canine community.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I've had a coyote sitting at the bottom of the stairs that go to my front door and sitting in my parking space.
A couple weeks ago I was walking down the sidewalk and one ran across the sidewalk in front of me from a gap in the fence at a construction site.
We still have rabbits out the ass. When I pull into the 7-11 near here after midnight there are 10-50 of them chilling together in the parking lot.

Yarbskoo

Can someone recommend a good scout trooper/speeder bike model? I have a nice posable stormtrooper I picked up in Japan with a few different weapons and hands, but I can't remember the brand. Maybe about 6" tall? Something like that would be great

Model kit with no paint and half-assed sanding.

If you don't want to paint you could probably make it look twice as good just by spraying a matte clearcoat over it to knock off the plasticky quality.

To clarify, he actually did paint the base a bit. Here's the comparison with the Black Series.

Anyone know if there's gonna be any streetwear collabs this year? I know X-Large did a Japan collab and to a lesser extent Vans as well last year.

TAJ

To clarify, he actually did paint the base a bit. Here's the comparison with the Black Series.

To me the base is actually better without elaborate paint. Allow me to explain.
What I did with it was paint the big base part flat black, throw the tree part that sticks up back in the box and run the clear part straight up through the base from underneath. It fits perfectly. Attach that to the port on the bottom of the bike and it looks like the bike is floating from any angle and it's at a good height. It also makes the bike sit parallel to the ground.

pitchfork

Picked up BS Commander Gree from TRU this afternoon (UK) - fairly small store and off the radar for collectors, so plenty in stock. Really nice figure!

Picked up BS Commander Gree from TRU this afternoon (UK) - fairly small store and off the radar for collectors, so plenty in stock. Really nice figure!

How much are TRU charging for their Black Series figures these days? There's one relatively close to me but I haven't had chance to get there yet.

pitchfork

How much are TRU charging for their Black Series figures these days? There's one relatively close to me but I haven't had chance to get there yet.

£27.99 for Gree (extra few quid for the additional paint apps according to Hasbro), rest are £24.99 for the current wave, unsure about previous waves but my nearest store had a couple of RO Hovertank drivers for £17.49

I'm in Essex btw

£27.99 for Gree (extra few quid for the additional paint apps according to Hasbro), rest are £24.99 for the current wave, unsure about previous waves but my nearest store had a couple of RO Hovertank drivers for £17.49

I'm in Essex btw

Thanks, my local store's in Bristol. They seem to be a bit more expensive everywhere compared to 2015's Force Friday.

pitchfork

Damn the new Vader is nice. Can't believe Hasbro made the definitive 6 inch scale Vader, but they really did.

I have the 40th anniversary Vader but cant bring myself to ruin that wonderful nostalgic carding so have pre-ordered the new wave 12 repack for display

Looks great!

TAJ

It's surprisingly nice, but the lightsaber hilt is like a wet noodle.

You know other than repeats of Poe I like the decent amount of diverse Resistance pilots we are getting in the ST stuff.
Really just need a Jessika Pava eventually.

Banana visors on the TFA stuff was a shame though.
Shitty 5POA doesn't even bother me with pilots.

With how often Hasbro does underscaled vehicles, im a bit sad they didn't do a Resistance bomber.
Thats like one ship it would be fine compared to the U-Wing for example.

Drayco21

Pretty underwhelmed by the HasCon stuff. The Rogue One tank continues to look rad, though I'm still worried all the new trilogy repacks are going to kill the line before it begins.

Hope Exile Luke gets a Black Series figure at some point.

Pretty underwhelmed by the HasCon stuff. The Rogue One tank continues to look rad, though I'm still worried all the new trilogy repacks are going to kill the line before it begins.

Hope Exile Luke gets a Black Series figure at some point.

Yup, just hoping the classic card will convince some to pick the repeats up.

Even though that Hoth Trooper is a repeat I will definitely get 2 at least.

I ended up in a Hallmark store today and bought the Death Star keepsake ornament. Now they make you buy these stupid Keepsake power cords for some of the electronic ornaments and hit you up for another $9.

Barnes and Noble has some Star Wars stuff on clearance including koto statues and force fx lightsabers. With membership and a friends and family coupon I got a Vader saber for $58 out the door.

border

Barnes and Noble has some Star Wars stuff on clearance including koto statues and force fx lightsabers. With membership and a friends and family coupon I got a Vader saber for $58 out the door.

Damn, that's a pretty sweet deal. Do you know if they happen to carry the Luke green saber?

Damn, that's a pretty sweet deal. Do you know if they happen to carry the Luke green saber?

They do, but there's an issue with multiple skus. They received new old stock with stickers over the bar code so they ring up higher. Search their website and you can see if they have the clearance ones at your store.

border

They do, but there's an issue with multiple skus. They received new old stock with stickers over the bar code so they ring up higher. Search their website and you can see if they have the clearance ones at your store.

I couldn’t get the green one to turn up at all on their site, sadly.

Top Bottom