• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearing Voices at the local arcade..

Mitsurux

"insert coin" in a creepy robotic sound voice...

What makes it even scarier is that i cannot remember what game used to say that.. it would just blurt out randomly...

d0c_zaius

anyone mention colossus from x-men arcade of course, doing his special WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

TIGER, TIGER, TIGER.

and of course HOLLYBABALEEEEEEIIIIIIIII (aka Raidens torpedo move from MK1).

WallJump

Banned
DANCE. DANCE. REVOLUTION.

/Tries Legend of Maxx on Expert for last song for the 20th time

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT.

I took down Max 300 once (crowning arcade achievement of my life of course) but later on I got a little out of shape and could never get through the back half of that song. Maybe someday lol...

izakq

"insert coin" in a creepy robotic sound voice...

What makes it even scarier is that i cannot remember what game used to say that.. it would just blurt out randomly...

I'm thinking Gorf and Wizard of Wor had that voice. Creeped me out too.

anyone mention colossus from x-men arcade of course, doing his special WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

TIGER, TIGER, TIGER.

and of course HOLLYBABALEEEEEEIIIIIIIII (aka Raidens torpedo move from MK1).

I love everyones translation of that .. sound he makes!

Chojin

Ladies and Gentleman .... Glass Joe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4_FIFHns68

That original Punch Out machine was magical.

punchout.jpg

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HaR83CNlGQk

BODY BLOW

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
SAIKO BOOOOOOOAR
SAIKO SOOOOOOODA
PENIS ARRROOOOWW
TEREPOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Oh god I hate 98 Athena

Bizazedo

"You can't beat me!"

Black Knight 2000 pinball machine <3.

You got the power
You got the might
Get ready for battle
Beat the Black Knight!

The voice of the Black Knight was the same guy who was the voice of Shao Kahn :).

Ronabo

That's what I heard when I was about 10 when the game first came out.

Hearing that at full volume at the front of an arcade as it opens in a mall, before the mall officially opens, over and over for weeks just imprints on your brain. I'd be there at open because I'd come in with my mom who worked across from the arcade at a restaurant. It got so bad it started to drive my mom crazy.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
In honor of this week's major film release, Captain America & The Avengers from Data East.

"The....AVENGERS!"
"Thank you, Wonder Man!"
"Oh, I can't move!"
"You can't escape!" "You will be the one escaping!"
"YOU CAME HERE TO DIE!"
"America still needs your help!"

YOUR FATHER WILL PAY THE PRICE FOR DESTROYING THE IMPERIAL RULE!

Man, Time Crisis 1 was so godlike back then.

My favourite line was "Sometime, somewhere, someone is plotting a government overthrow" because to this day I really like to think that it is true at all times, FOREVER.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
On a related note, not audio but video... I always recall seeing that don't do drugs screen a lot in arcades.

winners.gif

Zeal

Banned
Terminator theme playing for T2 arcade shooter, followed by the steel logo clashing sound.

Legendary.

Top Bottom