• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA's Ascend: New Gods - Beta Sign-Up LIVE

abadguy

Banned
Just got finished playing it for a few hours, it's actually pretty fun so fare. I like sending enemies into other players worlds.

This is pretty darn great so far. I've got some great loot and I haven't had or felt the need to buy any souls. If you rack up enough of a combo during combat, the game showers you with souls, not sure if that's just for the beta, but it's a fantastic that the game doesn't force you to buy souls, hope we see more of this in any F2P game in future.

Game world is pretty great too, love the invasion mechanic (shades of Dark Souls) and especially love fighting off other players who try to invade a conquered dominion.

Overall, pretty darn great. Big thanks again to OdysseusVA for the beta code. You're awesome.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I tried four or five times to get passed the first boss 'Beast' or whatever it's called.

Couldn't beat it.

So I shut the game off.

Update....

Caos,
The updated version of the closed beta is now here. Within the next 24 hours, more beta invites will be sent out. We will continue passing out beta invites this week until everybody that has signed up has received a code!

New Features:

• Added 3 new regions and 16 levels including Forest, Lakes, Graves, and the Titan battle!
• Transcending is in. Once a player has hit level 60 they will have the option to Transcend. Players who Transcend will retain their souls, ascension emblems and also receive a special badge. Game progress will reset and you will start the game over at Level One. All enemies in the game will level up.
• Invader load screen allows players to see the name, gear and stats of the invading champions.
• Players can now assign their Ascended Champions to invade specific dominion points on the map. Turn the tide of the battle.
• Boss fights are significantly more challenging.
• Added a post invasion stats screen.
• Added weekly challenges and awards for winning alignments.
• Added more dungeons.
• Invasion retreats. If the fight is too tough, you have an option to warp back to your previous progress.
• New items should unlock more consistently throughout the game.
• Added per alignment rune resists.
• Added 3 more Apex bosses and the Titan as well as 7 common enemies.
• Players can now purchase multiple runes and crusade spells from the UI menus.
• All stats are now displayed, allowing players to know what modifiers are impacting their character.

Fixes/Changes:

• Reduced repair costs.
• Alignment bonuses have been updated and your alignment choice has more statistical meaning. Dark is stronger, Light is faster, and Void magic is more powerful.
• Fixes for the 2nd Apex fight
• Spells are automatically Legacy’d when players Ascend, no more losing your spells!
• Tripled the amount of alignment specific armor.
• Reduced costs of spells dramatically.
• Large number of combat fixes. Damage and balance changes across all weapons and types.
• All Light and Dark emblems have been restructured.
• Fixed many bugs with player boss stats, runes, and abilities.
• Fixed many human issues.
• Capped amount and level of Cursed enemies.
• Better rewards for changing alignments upon Ascension.
• Updated the balance of the game to better account for late-game leveling.
• Adjusted item costs across the board.

We also fixed over 800 bugs since we last met and probably introduced a few hundred more :)! Let’s all hop on this beta and report any issues to the forums to help improve the public release!

JaggedSac

Game seemed nice when I played it, but I got a bad feeling about having to buy shit and how fast items deteriorated. I would rather items I buy be permanent. So I will not be playing it.

Mington

Congratulations! You're invited to participate in the Ascend: Hand of Kul closed beta!

Click this link to redeem the promotional code through Xbox.com, or enter the code below via your Xbox360 dashboard.*

6939V-C396W-M67D9-FD7J2-RTWPZ

Have at it

bidguy

Banned
Congratulations! You're invited to participate in the Ascend: Hand of Kul closed beta!

Click this link to redeem the promotional code through Xbox.com, or enter the code below via your Xbox360 dashboard.*

6939V-C396W-M67D9-FD7J2-RTWPZ

Have at it

its unique and cant be shared. i got a code this morning.

Nemesis_

Played about forty minutes or so. Are we allowed to talk about it? I don't remember accepting or signing an NDA =/

Game seemed nice when I played it, but I got a bad feeling about having to buy shit and how fast items deteriorated. I would rather items I buy be permanent. So I will not be playing it.

I've sunk about 20 hours into the beta (Ascended twice) and I haven't encountered any issues with having to buy stuff. Loot everything, make sure you recycle anything you don't need, ensure that you keep your armour, etc well maintained (as in check it regularly, so repairs cost less souls), explore each area thoroughly and pull off high combos will regularity.

Do all of the above and you won't ever need to buy souls.

I just got into the beta and decided to give it a try. By the time I quit, 5 hours had passed. (I did spend a little time with it paused, but not much)

The combat seemed a little rough at first, but once I got the hang of it and started getting new loot, it sort of grabbed me. The souls don't feel like a cash gate to me, but more of a progress gate. They drop from enemies and you use them to repair your equipment, and you get most of your loot from chests. You'll start to build up a stash of souls, and then you can buy yourself an upgrade for a slot where you might be lacking.

I'm only level 9, and have ascended once. I'm liking it so far though.

Vert boil

Played about forty minutes or so. Are we allowed to talk about it? I don't remember accepting or signing an NDA =/

You are free to post about the game.

http://ascendgame.com/game/faqs/ascend-faq
If I am playing the closed beta, am I free to talk about it publicly?

For sure! Just remember that the closed beta is not the finished product. So before you run off into the dark corners of the internet, understand that nothing is final. There will be various changes as you help us develop a great user experience for everyone.

They just ask that people don't review the beta and it appears that unofficial live stream/videos aren't allowed atm.

JaggedSac

I've sunk about 20 hours into the beta (Ascended twice) and I haven't encountered any issues with having to buy stuff. Loot everything, make sure you recycle anything you don't need, ensure that you keep your armour, etc well maintained (as in check it regularly, so repairs cost less souls), explore each area thoroughly and pull off high combos will regularity.

Do all of the above and you won't ever need to buy souls.

Maybe I should give it another go. It just left a bad taste in my mouth with the repairs and stuff.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Oooh found a beta code for this in my inbox, downloading now and shall try it later. The game's definitely up my street.

Maybe I should give it another go. It just left a bad taste in my mouth with the repairs and stuff.

It can do that as the game doesn't a very good job of explaining everything. Give it another chance, I think you might grow to like it once it all clicks into place and don't forget, you don't need to repair everything from the off as you'll end up looting significantly better stuff a few hours into the game anyway.

ironcreed

Banned
This is an addictive little game once it gets going. It had me up until about 3 in the morning. Nothing special on the gameplay front, but it manages to be quite fun with the loot, the Ascension and Crusade system and seeing others running around that you can curse and/or bless. I dig it for what it is.

Archpath1

Got my code, gonna try later when i get home

Edit - So i fired it up. 4-5 hours passed by out of no where. Haha
I was wrecking all the invaders trying to take over, getting loots, dungeons, pretty damn fun

Top Bottom