• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Alucrid

Banned
Infiltrators arent as great in multiplayer than in single player. They dont have the mod that slow down time as far as i know.

Wat? Cloak is godly. Reviving idiot teammates, doing objectives, etc. Salarian? Beastly with energy drain. Toss in a Javelin for good measure and you're gold, pony boy.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Wat? Cloak is godly. Reviving idiot teammates, doing objectives, etc. Salarian? Beastly with energy drain. Toss in a Javelin for good measure and you're gold, pony boy.

I mean, when it comes to actually hitting targets with your sniper, its not as easy...

And dont call me "pony boy", ponies are terrible. :lol

I mean, when it comes to actually hitting targets with your sniper, its not as easy...

It's my best and favourite class.

Whether you like the infiltrator probably comes down to how good you are at getting headshots though. The Widow also helps a ton.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just started playing, any tips on which packs to buy?
Common strategy is to buy lots of recruit packs to build up default weapons and upgrades to get some good footing, and when your ready or have desired default weapons maxed out, switch straight to Spectre packs to go for the rare weapons, and you'll pick up uncommons along the way. I would not advise Veteran packs at all, but others disagree.

Refer to the checklist I linked to on this page in a previous post for a reference guide.

When do we find out the N7 Weekend results?
Tuesday, the same day the commendation and victory packs go out.

Alucrid

Banned

Javelin = sniping people through cover. Energy drain makes them stop in their tracks for a 1 hit KO body shot. Mad skilllz = moving headshots.

So I have reached the point where certain class/race/loadout combinations just cause me to leave the lobby as soon as I enter. Does this make me a bad person?
More than one Vanguard and I'm out, pretty much ANY Krogan and I'm out.

There are essentially two groups of Vanguards: those carrying a single SMG/Heavy Pistol, and those carrying two heavy weapons like a Sniper Rifle and Shotty/AR. I don't mind the former on my team, but the latter are generally worthless piles of shit.

Common strategy is to buy lots of recruit packs to build up default weapons and upgrades to get some good footing, and when your ready or have desired default weapons maxed out, switch straight to Spectre packs to go for the rare weapons, and you'll pick up uncommons along the way. I would not advise Veteran packs at all, but others disagree.

Refer to the checklist I linked to on this page in a previous post for a reference guide.

Thanks. Why don't you like the veteran packs.

X-Frame

Yeah I'm one of those that recommend going for Veterans next to level up guns like Vindicator and Mattock which are amazing. Maybe a Spectre every once in awhile to unlock classes and some rare weapons.

Then again if you're good on Gold and can get 70K a game Spectres might be better.

Yeah I'm one of those that recommend going for Veterans next to level up guns like Vindicator and Mattock which are amazing. Maybe a Spectre every once in awhile to unlock classes and some rare weapons.

Then again if you're good on Gold and can get 70K a game Spectres might be better.

I don't buy veteran packs since they gave me Turian Sentinel 10 times in a row.

Gold match, farming geth on white to build up lots of money. Opening a specter pack after each match feels good.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sniping is pretty easy. Except when people get in the way of your shots
Or some fucker insists on spamming Shockwaves while standing right next to you.

Thanks. Why don't you like the veteran packs.
Cause you can still get a decent amount of uncommons along with a guaranteed rare every time. It's like two birds with one stone, except for the fact that there's still a chance associated with it.

Alternatively, X-Frame's post above does give you good reason to get Veteran packs, if your feeling certain guns. Mattock is a beast especially. Ultimately it can come down to you finding which guns you like, and buying the right pack that gives you the best chance at getting a levelled version of that gun.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't buy veteran packs since they gave me Turian Sentinel 10 times in a row.

Gold match, farming geth on white to build up lots of money. Opening a specter pack after each match feels good.
What are the best classes to counter Geth, especially on that difficulty?

All engineers I'm guessing? Probably an infiltrator race or two? At this point, fuck it, I want dem creds.

All engineers I'm guessing? Probably an infiltrator race or two? At this point, fuck it, I want dem creds.

Yeah, Salarian and Human Engineers for sure, for the Overload/Incinerate/Energy Drain/Decoy. Either a Quarian or Salarian Infiltrator as well. I don't know what the exact best combo would be, but I'd think maybe 2 Salarian Engineers, 1 Human Engineer, and 1 Quarian Infiltrator?

X-Frame

Anyone with ED and Overlord, plus an Asari Adept/Human Sentinel for biotic explosions. A Salarian Engie with a maxed Decoy makes things much, much easier. And maybe 1 Infiltrator for the reaper indoctrination device objectives. A Quarian Infiltrator with Sabotage set to explode hacked Geths also is very effective.

EekTheKat

My current favorite kit seems to be Asari Vanguard + Vindicator. Currently my Vindicator (VII or VIII) is lighter than my Mattock X, and definitely lighter than the Paladin I. I've had several 100k Silver matches with that combo (which is higher than my usual average).

Haven't had a chance to try this kit on Gold yet though, since every Gold match I've been in are mostly Engineer/Infiltrator runs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is the Falcon any good?

Also Bisnic, just quick scope and fire for easy sniper kills. Dat aim assist.
I tried the Falcon out for the first time last weekend and thought it was just firing blanks the entire time.

I don't get the hype. Or am I late to the pre-nerf party?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Just started playing some multi so I can improve my single player game, but failing to see what's so Rich/Deep about it? It's really just a 10-round Horde mode with microtransactions, unless I'm missing something.

The Premium Veteran packs were pretty awesome when they were out. Regular Veteran packs don't seem like quite the same value proposition.

I agree. Essentially it was 13k credits for a guaranteed 2nd uncommon or another chance at a rare. I hope they bring it back, but until then, I'll just be hitting Spectre packs hard.

rozay

Banned

A salarian engineer and a salarian or quarian infiltrator can hold things down there but I'm always grateful when we have a sentinel or adept because biotic combos rape geth primes. Human engineers also help too.

Salarian Infiltrator with a widow is god mode. The survivability is insane with cloak and energy drain.

I love salarian engineer and playing with my quarian infiltrator.

I wish I could mix both gameplay. I wish I had a Salarian Infiltrator.

A salarian engineer and a salarian or quarian infiltrator can hold things down there but I'm always grateful when we have a sentinel or adept because biotic combos rape geth primes. Human engineers also help too.

I played a geth gold with a Turian Sentinel level 15. I was really upset he was lobby leader. Turns out he was scoring more than me. He was unleashing chain overload as I was raining range energy drain. Poor human engineer's turret just had time to shoot at Geth Prime because the rest was just exploding too quickly

X-Frame

I think the most underrated class is the Quarian Engineer. Specc'ed around Cryo Explosions they can CC like crazy, melt away armor, and distract bosses.

Cryo Blast + gunfire to within an inch of life + Incinerate for killing blow = Cryo Explosion. With 150-200% cool down you can spam this, and the Flamethrower Sentry Turret can also cause Cryo Explosions.

She's amazing against the Reapers.

Alucrid

Banned
I love salarian engineer and playing with my quarian infiltrator.

I wish I could mix both gameplay. I wish I had a Salarian Infiltrator.

I played a geth gold with a Turian Sentinel level 15. I was really upset he was lobby leader. Turns out he was scoring more than me. He was unleashing chain overload as I was raining range energy drain. Poor human engineer's turret just had time to shoot at Geth Prime because the rest was just exploding too quickly

Turain Sentinel with maxed Warp and Overload is, imo, the best.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think the most underrated class is the Quarian Engineer. Specc'ed around Cryo Explosions they can CC like crazy, melt away armor, and distract bosses.

Cryo Blast + gunfire to within an inch of life + Incinerate for killing blow = Cryo Explosion. With 150-200% cool down you can spam this, and the Flamethrower Sentry Turret can also cause Cryo Explosions.

She's amazing against the Reapers.

Noted.

I'll give it a try

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Every time I complete particularly hard run on Silver with full extraction:

success_kid_by_capt_nemo-d3cjdwz.png

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Seems like quick matches searchs dont actually understand that when i ask for Geths Silver, that doesnt mean Random Bronze. -_-

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Seems like quick matches searchs dont actually understand that when i ask for Geths Silver, that doesnt mean Random Bronze. -_-

A lot of times people just change the mission settings on you. :/

the solution to matchmaking problems - be a host yourself.

Although I do host sometimes, I prefer to join lobbies, that way I can see who my teammates are and leave if they aren't up to snuff. I'm not taking on Silver with a Level 1 character on my team, and it's hard to boot players with the 3 vote requirement.

milkham

A lot of times people just change the mission settings on you. :/

i was playing with some randoms on silver, we rocked it, and then the host changed it to gold without saying anything and I didn't realize until after i'd gotten owned several times. they kicked me once we got back to lobby haha.

Serious

Decided to throw a GPS on my Salarian Infiltrator instead of the Widow for a few rounds, and my god Infiltrators are ridiculous with that gun. Between not having to reload after every shot, being able to charge up a shot before cloaking (the timing I still need to get used to though, I've been immediately uncloaked quite often), being able to do more damage against shielded opponents on Gold due the mechanics of shielg gating and shotguns, and the shorter ability cooldowns, I am just loving it. On the other hand, I need to hit the ammo crates more often, and the Widow is much better at longer ranges, when you can't actually target the opponent (and the GPS has a much bigger spread), or when the travel time of the GPS starts causing missed shots. But it's a very fun and viable playstyle, especially if you're not so great with headshots.

RS4-

Game is just trolling me. I still only have two pistols; all the spec packs I've bought today were Krogan soldier related. Weak.

I still want my black widow and carni.

Top Bottom