• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 |OT| Procedural Chaos

NBtoaster

I really hope this is good (and playable on my system). Its promising that AMD requirements are lower than the Intel/Nvidia requirements for once.

Hackbert

mhh the news about the console versions makes me sad. preordered for a nice price, but a real shame, i have to wait for patches until this game will be playable.... really starting to get absurd with these after release patching.

Codiox

Played it all weekend on ps4. Loving it, performance is ok. Only negative is this fucking always online bullshit.

Give it a chance people. It deserves it.

Bought this on PS4...read decent impressions a couple weeks ago from someone on here that was still enjoying it despite it's flaws on PS4. After reading other impressions I am slightly worried but will still try to stay positive lol.

Codiox

What? You can't play this game without being connected to the internet?

You can, but if you are online with your ps4 and the game disconnects to the square Enix severs you get a message and the game stops and trys to reconnect. If it fails, you can say "offline mode" but it you hitting the menu for map etc. It always trys to reconnect. And all the disconnect /connecting attempts takes time. Fucking annoying.

And you can't say "always offline mode"

Drazgul

Played it all weekend on ps4. Loving it, performance is ok. Only negative is this fucking always online bullshit.

Give it a chance people. It deserves it.

Any thoughts on the character progression system? All the sweet upgrades are locked at first, right? How quickly do you get the wingsuit etc., or are those tied to main quest progress?

danowat

Banned
Any thoughts on the character progression system? All the sweet upgrades are locked at first, right? How quickly do you get the wingsuit etc., or are those tied to main quest progress?

All the upgrades are locked behind mini-games apparently, so I guess it hinges a lot on whether you like the mini-games or not.

You can, but if you are online with your ps4 and the game disconnects to the square Enix severs you get a message and the game stops and trys to reconnect. If it fails, you can say "offline mode" but it you hitting the menu for map etc. It always trys to reconnect. And all the disconnect /connecting attempts takes time. Fucking annoying.

And you can't say "always offline mode"

Why in the world....

Ugh, I don't need shitty leader boards for people I don't even know. Hope they patch that out.

R3TRODYCE

I should have bought another ssd during Black Friday. I had to clear a few games off of my current one just for this to fit.

Drazgul

All the upgrades are locked behind mini-games apparently, so I guess it hinges a lot on whether you like the mini-games or not.

Depends on the minigame, I guess. Repetitive solo races where you just have to beat the timer is one of my pet peeves.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Reading about the PS4 problems makes me sad, but I won't be cancelling my pre-order since my current PC would probably have difficulties running the game in low settings (gotta upgrade it soon) and I also got a better price for the PS4 version thanks to Black Friday.

Reading about the PS4 problems makes me sad, but I won't be cancelling my pre-order since my current PC would probably have difficulties running the game in low settings (gotta upgrade it soon) and I also got a better price for the PS4 version thanks to Black Friday.

I'm sure they'll patch it up real good if Mad Max is any indication because while MM was an overall solid experience it still had annoying bugs and a few places in the game nose dive in the FPS department. Most if not all the issues are fixed now though.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I'm sure they'll patch it up real good if Mad Max is any indication because while MM was an overall solid experience it still had annoying bugs and a few places in the game nose dive in the FPS department. Most if not all the issues are fixed now though.

Yeah I know they'll fix most things. The question is how long it'll take them. Mad Max was unplayable for almost a month to those affected by the map bug...

dreamfall

Definitely going to wait a bit, but I'll end up playing it on PC. Can't wait to check out reviews and hear impressions!

Jerm411

Been going back and forth on pre-ordering this....I think I will once I get off from work today.

Expect the reviews to be pretty decent and I fully expect them to hammer out all the technical issues...just looks like the mindless sandbox I want to get lost in right now.

ironcreed

Banned
Can't wait. Despite all of the complaints, I have not seen a thing in the tons of footage I have watched that will stop me from having a great time with it.

Codiox

You will get the wingsuit right from the second tutorial mission. It's one of the best new things in the game. I'm loving games where you can freely move through air at high speed.

You have to do the challenges to unlock abilitys. But it doesn't take much time to do that.

Some said they hate the challenges where you have to fly through rings with the wingsuit, but I think they are great training.

SJRB

Gold Member
OP should do a special shout-out to David Tennant as the abducted celebrity radio announcer, easily the highlight of the game in terms of both voice acting and humor.

iNvid02

i think back to the amount of fun i had with jc2, and it getting a revival with that mp mod, i hope its the case with this one too

49pGAe2.jpg

Paskil

I want to buy this, but I'm pretty deep in Fallout 4. This is definitely next on my list. Very excited for it.

Already pre-loaded and ready. Sorry, but I have watched enough to know that I want to play it. It will not be the first game with technical issues that I have enjoyed and I'm sure it will not be the last.

Agreed, too late for me anyways (PS4 digital purchase)

I heard how unplayable Witcher 3 was on PS4 at launch and played through it just fine. Fallout 4 was going to be a unplayable mess according to many and still have had a blast with it. While some of the issues suck of course I will live and hopefully they will patch some out later.

I know this opinion is hated here sometimes but hey, my money.

Top Bottom