• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

shira

About the Air Max Vote winner...

Tbh, I kinda liked that Air Max 1.90 tropical design for the summer. The ones that won are okay.

The dragonfly wing one didn't win
charm_laugh.gif

Dude yes!!!
That shit had me furious. If I won them I wasn't going to resell them because they look so good.
Did they ever adress that?

No clue.

also, winning on the draw is damn near impossible, peeps be having 1000s of entries lol

if I can't scoop the Royals, I am going to buy a pair of the AM1 Safaris.

suplex

Goin all in on royals. Missed out in '13 and hoping to avoid another royal sadderday.

If I do whiff, I might have to sell a couple pairs and just pay resale.

In a perfect world I'd love to double up at retail though.

well unsurprisingly the places near my school didn't have anything of interest, RIP. well, thats money i save that i can use on other shit i guess

Sch1sm

well unsurprisingly the places near my school didn't have anything of interest, RIP. well, thats money i save that i can use on other shit i guess

There'll be other shoes for your wallet to cry over.

---

As for myself, my 247 Classics came in. Too tight a toe box and the true size, guess that's standard for the 247. My 574s fit perfectly, but those are more rounded rather than tapered. Returned them today, went to a New Balance store on my way home, tried a half size up on the 247 and it's too loose. RIP the dream on those. (Unless someone here would know if the men's would have a wider one than the women's? 'cause then I can just buy the men's equivalent size, I guess).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Took the L for the United Arrows & Sons CS1 but bought the burgundy tracksuit from the same collection anyway because it's fiyah.

i want the red inikis bad

definitely not worth it to go a half size up or down right? im a 12
I tried them on today. I'd say definitely don't go 1/2 size up. I went TTS and there was plenty of room, it's a much looser baggy fit compared to PK NMD's and I had plenty of room. It's good because you can lace them up like a traditional sneaker. You could go 1/2 down BUT what I really didn't like was that I felt the top of my toe rub a little against the stitching on the toe box where the suede begins... wasn't terrible but I'd say TTS is best. 1/2 down if desperate.

edit: just read Fjordson's reply as well...lol we're pretty opposite on their fit compared to the pk nmd's! Might be a sign to go TTS or just wait until you can try them yourself.

rac

Banned
yeah i figured thanks guys

at least i have the 9317s coming today to hold me off till a restock or the price goes a little down on stockx

VaporMax 'Dark Grey' (849558-002), 05/03/2017

VaporMax 'Wolf Grey(?) Beige(?)'

Bottom pair looks really nice but I can't tell exactly what colour they are, light grey or beige...I assume by the colour of the background of the image they're meant to be beige.

these two are sexy af, better than the releases on the 26th

I think the multicolor ids were the best ones out of them all

soultron

Banned

Fjordson

I tried them on today. I'd say definitely don't go 1/2 size up. I went TTS and there was plenty of room, it's a much looser baggy fit compared to PK NMD's and I had plenty of room. It's good because you can lace them up like a traditional sneaker. You could go 1/2 down BUT what I really didn't like was that I felt the top of my toe rub a little against the stitching on the toe box where the suede begins... wasn't terrible but I'd say TTS is best. 1/2 down if desperate.

edit: just read Fjordson's reply as well...lol we're pretty opposite on their fit compared to the pk nmd's! Might be a sign to go TTS or just wait until you can try them yourself.
I should probably mention that my feet are a little wide so I found them somewhat narrow.

Confusing aesthetic since the tongue and lace work is essentially floating on top of a full sock upper. It's essentially all artifice at this point.

I do like the lace pull at the back of the heel but I wonder how it'd feel to actually wear these things; wouldn't the heelstay (eventually) start to sag from the constant downward tension?

Not really. The laces look like they go through a loop near the bottom of the heel. The tongue might actually provide a more even pressure at the top compared to the caged UBs or NMDs which provide support from the side of the foot..

rac

Banned
I should probably mention that my feet are a little wide so I found them somewhat narrow.

i just tried on the eqt 93/17 in a 12 and there kinda bigger on me, how does that compare to the inki

i havent worn adidas shoes in a long time so im not really sure

Fjordson

i just tried on the eqt 93/17 in a 12 and there kinda bigger on me, how does that compare to the inki

i havent worn adidas shoes in a long time so im not really sure
I actually get my first 93/17 pair in tomorrow so I'll let you know.

I've heard that 93/17 is basically true to size. It's not all primeknit and has an insole so best not to size down.

Reckoner

Ever since I saw the triple black ones they started clicking on me. Whenever a cool cw becomes available I'll cop. Curiosity isn't holding me back either.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone have the latest Pure Boosts? Going to try for the triple black in the morning before I go out.

Just wondered if they fit true to size. They look to me they could run a little big.

I also saw for the first time (Ever since the original 350) someone else wearing 350 V2s. My puppy was barking while looking out the window so I checked it out and saw a girl walking down the road with her dog rocking the Black Copper color. Pretty funny to see someone so close to home.

Top Bottom